What's new

NBA Stars' Comments and Reactions to Rookie Donovan Mitchell

It must be hard to watch your hero Simmons choke away an award for wrapped up. But fact is Mitchell is winning the award now. Not only because he is the better player but because he is winning games for his team.

He took mostly good shots that weren't falling last night but great players know their shot will eventually fall so they keep shooting. He took over and won that game in the fourth. Not like old disappears in the fourth and stuffs his stats early in the first quarter Simmons. Who also stuffs his stats with filler rebounds.

Also last night a lot of missed shots from Mitchell wills lead to points for the team. That's why an aggressive driver is so important, and Mitchell knows that.

It's okay, keep crying to us here. It's very entertaining to watch your silly misguided hate for the far superior Mitchell. I enjoy your tears.

Mitchell is great, but anyone who doesn't think Ben Simmons is ROTY is real fu**ing delusional.

Mitchell is great, but anyone who doesn't think Ben Simmons is ROTY is real fu**ing delusional.

Simmons isn’t carrying his team in clutch time. Simmons hasn’t improved as the season has gone on. Atm I think it’s a tight race but the way Donovan is going by the end of the season I think he’ll be better than Big Ben

So Lillard is delusional? And Demarcus? And Jalen? And Steven Smith? Stats don't tell the whole story. Not saying I couldn't justify it going to either one, but as of right now Donovan is showing that in tight games he brings the heat all by himself. And is it Donovan's fault that Simmons got hurt and missed his rookie year? Truly ridiculous that he's even in the running. WTF is with that?

Simmons isn’t carrying his team in clutch time. Simmons hasn’t improved as the season has gone on. Atm I think it’s a tight race but the way Donovan is going by the end of the season I think he’ll be better than Big Ben

As good as mitchell is, right now Ben is better than him in every category, except perimeter shooting.

If it's still a close race til the end of the season, the best way to solve it is just make them co-roty. One for the west and east. Just like how they do with the rookie of the month. That'll solve it. But Mitchell is the one that has IT. The best rookie of the year, no doubt.

"As good as mitchell is, right now Ben is better than him in every category, except perimeter shooting."

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

As good as mitchell is, right now Ben is better than him in every category, except perimeter shooting.
Kind of a big deal in today’s NBA, don’t forget that Simmons is awful at the FT line.

Do you think Simmons is some insanely better passer than Mitchell? He’s a better playmaker right now, but Mitchell can and does make great passes too, is the 4 more assists because Simmons is SO much better? Or just because that’s the system they both run?

Rebounding? Simmons is way taller and plays close to the hoop because he can’t shoot. Mitchell has made some huge rebounds, he’s very capable.

Yes stats matter, and yes Simmons beats Mitchell in pure stats, but context it also important. Both are deserving and it’s 1a and 1b right now. To say either player is blowing out the other is ridiculous.

I guess you don't watch them play then because this is one of your worst takes and you have some pretty bad ones.

Maybe take those novelty oversized Australian googles off and you'll see a little better.

I really like both DM and BS. but lets stop comparing them because its not apples to apples.

Donovan is a true rookie, being scouted as the #1 priority, double teamed nightly, teams scheme specifically to stop him with the best defender stuck to him like glue nearly every night... Yet he's carrying his team on his back to the playoffs in a tougher conference.

Simmons had a year of many many things (trainers, chefs, best coaches in the world, playbook studies, film studies, luxuries) that real rookies do not have, while Donovan was busy studying for midterms. Simmons isnt carrying his team, he disappears in the 4th, and cant play in crunch time because he cant hit a free throw or a 3pt'r to save his life so teams can pack it in. Simmons is being carried by Embiid, and the '6ers barely have a better record and are barely in the playoffs in a weaker conference.

It isn't apples to apples to compare their stats. People just anointed Simmons as ROY before the season even began. It just takes time to shift that bias.

I really like both DM and BS. but lets stop comparing them because its not apples to apples.

Donovan is a true rookie, being scouted as the #1 priority, double teamed nightly, teams scheme specifically to stop him with the best defender stuck to him like glue nearly every night... Yet he's carrying his team on his back to the playoffs in a tougher conference.

Simmons had a year of many many things (trainers, chefs, best coaches in the world, playbook studies, film studies, luxuries) that real rookies do not have, while Donovan was busy studying for midterms. Simmons isnt carrying his team, he disappears in the 4th, and cant play in crunch time because he cant hit a free throw or a 3pt'r to save his life so teams can pack it in. Simmons is being carried by Embiid, and the '6ers barely have a better record and are barely in the playoffs in a weaker conference.

It isn't apples to apples to compare their stats. People just anointed Simmons as ROY before the season even began. It just takes time to shift that bias.

/thread. Or should I say /utahjazzz?