What's new

NBA Top Shot

Got my preorder pack a few minutes ago. I actually pulled a Rudy Gobert block moment, serial number sucks but it's still Rudy so I'm happy.

My best pull was a block from Willie Cauley-Stein because the serial number was below 1000.

Overall, pretty happy with it.

So if I'm not eligible right now then I can't run out and buy more moments so that I am eligible tomorrow?

New packs dropping tomorrow:

View attachment 10564

After a two-month break, dedicated NBA Top Shot collectors will get their chance to snag a legendary pack. This Monday, April 12 at 1 PM PDT, Holo Icon packs are back, dropping for just the second time in Series 2. This is a unique opportunity to snag ultra rare Moments, with one legendary Holo Icon and three rare Metallic Gold LEs guaranteed in every pack.

Holo Icon Drop 1 inspired a wave of updates to the NBA Top Shot drop process and we have introduced additional measures for Drop 2 as well. In order to ensure that these coveted packs end up in the hands of dedicated collectors, this drop will only be available to select accounts that met specific requirements as of Sunday, April 11 at 3 PM PDT.

Qualifying collectors must have met at least one of the following criteria:

Collector held at least 15 Moments at time of snapshot OR
Collector held at least two rare Moments at time of snapshot OR
Collector held at least one legendary Moment at time of snapshot
Qualifying collectors must maintain their eligibility through to the drop itself.
And the rich get richer. They should release a given number as a lottery for any "regular" or new collectors to have a chance, like maybe 3 or 5 of them

All of mine were over #3000 and one of them was #29989. Ugh.

damn... I would have been eligible but misread the requirements... thought it was an "and" requirement and it was an "or" requirement. I'm an idiot. Oh well i guess I'll never retire.

this will nevr make sense to me and
Stop trying to make sense of it for you and start thinking about who it makes sense for. I think ultimately this would be something for a younger generation of NBA fans that are more online. Collectors and rich dudes will use it for some investments... you and I used to show our friends binders of cards we had... our kids can showcase their "moments" online to friends.

That said... there is some nonsense here and I do think prices are inflated. I think they have a good long term product at some point once things settle in a bit.

Who has opened their pre-order pack?

I got a LaMelo Ball and Anfernee Simons that are fairly valuable given the cheap pack. Also got a Westbrook one that is worth the cost of the pack itself.