What's new

NBA Top Shot

I just realized that if I snag a Bojan moment than I will have 1 each of our starting 5 and 6th man.

Maybe I'll make a Jazz showcase when we win it all.

I guess if I had any goal on Top Shot it would be collect one of every Jazz player's moments before they win the ring.

Freaking Jarrell Brantley's moment cost 117 minimum though.

Put mine up for 50 and hoping the price goes up. I can't sell my only Ingles moment for that cheap.
It won’t go that high. Sell it this week for 30. But it next week for 5-6 and get a better serial number. It isn’t goodbye... it’s see you soon. Then go buy like two or three other jazz moments with the profits.

I had all the Jazz players available, but then sold a few of them. I'm going to hold on to the Jazz because I think their value will go up if they can make it to the finals. Also I think beta will end this summer and all the cars value will go up then. They are also planning their first commercial during a game. I'm hoping it's during the playoffs this year and all the cards will jump, at the very least if that happens all the valuable rare/series 1/rookie/good number cards will take a big jump.

So far I've made a profit of 2k. I'm sitting on about $3.5k of cards that I could cash out and and be even for those leaving me with the 2k profit. But I'm probably just going to sell a couple cards soon so that I'm even overall no matter what happens and hold on to the cards I think could be worth a lot later.

I had all the Jazz players available, but then sold a few of them. I'm going to hold on to the Jazz because I think their value will go up if they can make it to the finals. Also I think beta will end this summer and all the cars value will go up then. They are also planning their first commercial during a game. I'm hoping it's during the playoffs this year and all the cards will jump, at the very least if that happens all the valuable rare/series 1/rookie/good number cards will take a big jump.

So far I've made a profit of 2k. I'm sitting on about $3.5k of cards that I could cash out and and be even for those leaving me with the 2k profit. But I'm probably just going to sell a couple cards soon so that I'm even overall no matter what happens and hold on to the cards I think could be worth a lot later.

Gift me a Royce!

Sneak attack... didn’t see it until just now... I’m out of the money though. Hopefully you get something good.
Yeah, had a homie text me 5 minutes before. I was on the top shot website for a decent amount of time doing market research this morning and I didnt even notice it.

Yeah, had a homie text me 5 minutes before. I was on the top shot website for a decent amount of time doing market research this morning and I didnt even notice it.
It’s a stress test... not a drop... so those come with almost no notice. Same basic pack but on official drops they will give at least 8 hours notice.

Stress tests used to be 5k or 15k in size... this one is 100k. I’m wondering what moment values will do as the market gets flooded. They really need to have some advertising during games or get a big name player on board to promote and grow the user base. It’s stagnated a bit but the growth was nuclear for a while.

Stress tests used to be 5k or 15k in size... this one is 100k. I’m wondering what moment values will do as the market gets flooded. They really need to have some advertising during games or get a big name player on board to promote and grow the user base. It’s stagnated a bit but the growth was nuclear for a while.
They probably need to make it easier for new users to get into the rare pack drops.

Gameface is a good example. Casual users/NBA fans are going to be turned off by the barriers to entry for rare pack drops and the frustration of not getting packs when you do qualify.

Think I did pretty good,

Got Aaron Gordon's first points with the Nuggets.

A Patrick Williams rookie moment!

And a fairly high serial number for a John Wall play (#413, not sure if that's high enough to drive the value).

My bank actually blocked payments to dapper because I made 3 moments purchases this morning and they flagged its a fraudlent looking so I had to call to get it lifted. Was panicking that I would miss teh drop lmao.

Think I did pretty good,

Got Aaron Gordon's first points with the Nuggets.

A Patrick Williams rookie moment!

And a fairly high serial number for a John Wall play (#413, not sure if that's high enough to drive the value).

My bank actually blocked payments to dapper because I made 3 moments purchases this morning and they flagged its a fraudlent looking so I had to call to get it lifted. Was panicking that I would miss teh drop lmao.

Congrats my friend! Super jelly over here.

Checked the value of them:
P-Will moment: Lowest ask $10
Gordon moment: Lowest ask $6
John Wall moment: No idea, pricing is all over the place by my serial number. Doubt I can actually sell it for more than 25 though as there are a few people listing for that price who are below me even though the median price seems closer to 50.

Overall I have no idea if I should actually sell any of these or just hold everything in anticipation of the base actually growing.

Checked the value of them:
P-Will moment: Lowest ask $10
Gordon moment: Lowest ask $6
John Wall moment: No idea, pricing is all over the place by my serial number. Doubt I can actually sell it for more than 25 though as there are a few people listing for that price who are below me even though the median price seems closer to 50.

Overall I have no idea if I should actually sell any of these or just hold everything in anticipation of the base actually growing.
A serial number that low should be solid. I think 25 is pretty reasonable. I have the same Williams moment I think. I’m holding some of the rookie moments. Things also get really cheap right after a drop like that because flippers are undercutting each other.

I’m thinking I will stay above 20 moments to make me eligible for rare packs if the limits increase... likely won’t try and buy to flip right now because the market has been down and I don’t know if it’s a dip or if this thing is losing steam.