What's new

Net Neutrality

Those who think getting rid of net neutrality is a good thing should read up on what happened to in Portugal once they got rid of net neutrality:

CAGvtJj.jpg

Those who think getting rid of net neutrality is a good thing should read up on what happened to in Portugal once they got rid of net neutrality:

CAGvtJj.jpg

There hasn't been a single person here advocating for ending net neutrality.

There hasn't been a single person here advocating for ending net neutrality.

Wrong.

Pages one and two had several posts of anti net neutrality nonsense. I just choose to not engage directly with that poster and post general messages refuting his nonsense and anyone else who might think like him.

Okay, I think I don't see those posts because I have the sense to ignore that poster. I highly encourage all other sane people to do the same.

There's a place here in St. George that already has some questionable Internet plans. In the scope of things, they are really just talking about theoretical required speeds. But, from the get go, they are coercing people into assuming the Internet is set up in tiers of possible usage. Mind you, this company is a fiber-to-air connection so it's small fry.

GsYTCew.jpg

There's a place here in St. George that already has some questionable Internet plans. In the scope of things, they are really just talking about theoretical required speeds. But, from the get go, they are coercing people into assuming the Internet is set up in tiers of possible usage. Mind you, this company is a fiber-to-air connection so it's small fry.

GsYTCew.jpg

boycott them!

CAGvtJj.jpg
You are misrepresenting the truth! i dont know if you know portugese! but why are you showing the mobile phone plans!

you know nothing brother!

this is a good thing. as mobile data in overcrowded places is very expensive, so offering bare essentials at a minimum price is preferable, then a high price nobody can pay.

they also do this in south america, where smartphones ar ebare essentials. people get a popular facebook, whatsapp plan at a fraction of the price! their is a lot of competition in the mobile phone space.

if you cant afford a full mobile phone plan of 20 us dollar, maybe you can afford a whatsapp fb mobile phone plan of 4 dollars!

would you not rather have that! would you not have more people on whatsapp?

i dont know what the leading messaging app in usa is. but everyone and their grandma has whatsapp in netherlands and latin america.

lots of people prefer it this way, and because most countries have more internet providers. the FULL internet plans are also very competitve. although due to lower salaries in south america it is unafordable to about half the population, but nothing we can do about that. since the hardware and software is pretty expensive

also net nuetrality farce laws and regulations do not apply to mobile phones in USA

Last edited:
You are misrepresenting the truth! i dont know if you know portugese! but why are you showing the mobile phone plans!

this is a good thing. as mobile data in overcrowded places is very expensive, so offering bare essentials at a minimum price is preferable, then a high price nobody can pay.

they also do this in south america, where smartphones ar ebare essentials. people get a popular facebook, whatsapp plan at a fraction of the price! their is a lot of competition in the mobile phone space.

if you cant afford a full mobile phone plan of 20 us dollar, maybe you can afford a whatsapp fb mobile phone plan of 4 dollars!

would you not rather have that! would you not have more people on whatsapp?

i dont know what the leading messaging app in usa is. but everyone and their grandma has whatsapp in netherlands and latin america.

lots of people prefer it this way, and because most countries have more internet providers. the FULL internet plans are also very competitve. although due to lower salaries in south america it is unafordable to about half the population, but nothing we can do about that. since the hardware and software is pretty expensive

also net nuetrality farce laws and regulations do not apply to mobile phones in USA

Whatsapp is the leading messaging app worldwide, despite the fact that it isn't even in the top 10 in the USA. My family and I all use whatsapp after we used it exclusively in Germany, where pretty much everyone has it. Billions of users worldwide, but in American everyone says "what is that? just use text, it can do a group text". Ugh.

this is a good thing. as mobile data in overcrowded places is very expensive, so offering bare essentials at a minimum price is preferable, then a high price nobody can pay
Whatsapp is the leading messaging app worldwide, despite the fact that it isn't even in the top 10 in the USA. My family and I all use whatsapp after we used it exclusively in Germany, where pretty much everyone has it. Billions of users worldwide, but in American everyone says "what is that? just use text, it can do a group text". Ugh.
that is what i realised, sometimes you go to a different country, and something everyone uses almost nobody uses in that country.

but yeah mobile plans in densely populated areas might get bogged down with unlimited plans. so a cheap messaging internet plan is always welcome and very popular. in Netherlands their is no plan like that. all plans include everything. in latin america different story