What's new

Netflix recs?

Burn.

The point still stands. It is a cheesy, guilty pleasure. Nothing wrong with that. But when there has been so much legit tv out there over the last few years like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and on and on and on, I personally have trouble investing my time in a show that is barely a step above dumbass shows like 24 and The Following. Entertaining at first but so mindless and ridiculous that I just couldn't fathom killing any more brain cells.

I think it has something to do with our age difference because I have never seen any of those you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I put 'One Punch Man' on as background noise cuz it looked like a cool concept, color me thoroughly impressed. I don't watch stuff like that normally, I prefer it over Afro Samurai tho. Glad it just got re-upped for a 2nd season. The artwork/music/fight scenes are good, and so is the writing.

Mifune: The last Samurai IS A MUST SEE DOC.. Narrated by Keanu Reeves, they've got Speilberg on there doing commentary.

Mifune is the GOAT

"using your expiring assets to add depth to the squad rocks the boat too violently and may destroy our delicately balanced beamed cakk bakk" - me

Kurasawa basically used him in all his greatest films

"using your expiring assets to add depth to the squad rocks the boat too violently and may destroy our delicately balanced beamed cakk bakk" - me

Gomorrah.

It's an Italian gangster show based off of the doc by the same name. Real effing good.

Last edited:
Gomorrah.

It's an Italian gangster show based off of the doc by the same name. Real effing good.

I know Cranston's character on BB supposedly really evolves over the course of the show. I'd be shocked if someone can find me a character that changes more though than Genny in this show...and I'm just eight episodes in. Absolutely effing awesome. I can't recommend this show enough.

I'm watching Rectify.
It's fantastic. 1 of only 2 shows ever to have a 100% rating on rotten tomatoes for a whole season from what I read.

Netflix-Okja-Poster-Cropped.jpeg

I just finished season one of Ozark. It stars Jason Bateman as a financial advisor who must go with his family (wife played by Laura Linney) to the Ozarks to launder money and right a situation for the Mexican cartel who was his client.

Very, very good. It gets an 8.9 on imdb. I think that's a tiny bit too high. I'd probably give it an 8.5-8.6. There are some plot details here or there that are questionable and could've been improved upon by the writer(s) but overall, it's really freakin' good and gets better as the season progresses. This may be the exact vehicle Bateman needed to show his chops. He has a few moments in this which are really impressive monologues that are Spacey-esque where you know he's the smartest guy in the room.

I just finished season one of Ozark. It stars Jason Bateman as a financial advisor who must go with his family (wife played by Laura Linney) to the Ozarks to launder money and right a situation for the Mexican cartel who was his client.

Very, very good. It gets an 8.9 on imdb. I think that's a tiny bit too high. I'd probably give it an 8.5-8.6. There are some plot details here or there that are questionable and could've been improved upon by the writer(s) but overall, it's really freakin' good and gets better as the season progresses. This may be the exact vehicle Bateman needed to show his chops. He has a few moments in this which are really impressive monologues that are Spacey-esque where you know he's the smartest guy in the room.

Almost two episodes in on this. Fantastic.

Marco Polo has to be one of the most underrated shows of all time. Production value is right up there with Game of Thrones and yet it's 1/10 as popular. I especially love the 2nd season.

Really sad they haven't renewed it for the 3rd season but hopefully they pick it up later.