What's new

New Assistant Coach?

I'm not saying that AK has a history of improving his shooting or Physique. Im saying that AK can bounce back from adversity and put things in the past to return as a better defender. AK got a lot of crap for crying during an ESPN interview because he felt he let the team down. How many Jazzmen have excepted the blame for a loss in the last 10 years?? He didnt point his finger at teamates, he blamed himself.
And he has almost always provided a spark in defense when the team needed it. When he was having issues with Sloan he put his head down and went to work. He fixes his problems by attempting to do his part. It kills me when fanz say his shooting isnt improving. If you would actually watch a game or two, you would see that when the rest of the team is choking AK has the balls to put the ball on the floor and get to the line. Hes not afraid to take a hit. His wild play occurs when the rest of the team is looking scared and stagnet.

Stop, just stop. You admit that he has a history of not improving his shooting (you should have put all around game because it's never evolved) or physique. And perhaps he is semi-accountable. But the rest of your post is just wildly inaccurate or simply not objective. Your description of him as some focused, lunch pail ("went to work") type player is a joke. The guy would be the last one I would think of as "went to work" and has zero passion for the game and it translates on the court as he's wildly inconsistent and does not always play the defense he's capable of playing. And you spouting out about his free throw shooting as if he's going to the line at exponential rates is ridiculous. He went to the line at a little over four times a game, good for 47th in the league.

The dude sucks and is not the type of player you want on a young team you're trying to develop into champions. He has no work ethic, no passion, and no leadership. If you get him for three years, 10M, I'd consider it. But even then, the dude's a cancer whose mere presence can have a negative affect in developing our youth.

Stop, just stop. You admit that he has a history of not improving his shooting (you should have put all around game because it's never evolved) or physique. And perhaps he is semi-accountable. But the rest of your post is just wildly inaccurate or simply not objective. Your description of him as some focused, lunch pail ("went to work") type player is a joke. The guy would be the last one I would think of as "went to work" and has zero passion for the game and it translates on the court as he's wildly inconsistent and does not always play the defense he's capable of playing. And you spouting out about his free throw shooting as if he's going to the line at exponential rates is ridiculous. He went to the line at a little over four times a game, good for 47th in the league.

The dude sucks and is not the type of player you want on a young team you're trying to develop into champions. He has no work ethic, no passion, and no leadership. If you get him for three years, 10M, I'd consider it. But even then, the dude's a cancer whose mere presence can have a negative affect in developing our youth.

How can a guy that cries during an interview about letting his teammates down, be a guy that has zero passion for the game? He was already the highest paid player on the team, so what did he care if he wasn't being used properly?
He obviously cares a great deal about the game of basketball, and that translates to passion..... the guy can only do so much if the constricting system allows him to do so.
The way AK should be used, is exactly the same way he was used in the first couple years of his career.
Playing anywhere from the 2 to the 4, and even playing him at point/forward on certain plays.
D-Will didn't like to give up the ball to Kirilenko much, with the exception of last season probably.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

How can a guy that cries during an interview about letting his teammates down, be a guy that has zero passion for the game? He was already the highest paid player on the team, so what did he care if he wasn't being used properly?
He obviously cares a great deal about the game of basketball, and that translates to passion..... the guy can only do so much if the constricting system allows him to do so.
The way AK should be used, is exactly the same way he was used in the first couple years of his career.
Playing anywhere from the 2 to the 4, and even playing him at point/forward on certain plays.
D-Will didn't like to give up the ball to Kirilenko much, with the exception of last season probably.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Crying does not equate into passion. I recall crying after I finished 2nd in a cross country race in 8th grade. But I can tell you I had no true passion for it. I just didn't. I cried because I was disappointed in myself (much like AK was) but again, I didn't truly love basketball and live and die for it, much the same as AK has essentially admitted (if someone can provide a link for that, I'd appreciate it) basketball is not his passion. And you making excuses for his career's shortcomings sounds like something AK probably does himself. It's all Jerry's fault. It's all Deron's fault. It's all Boozer's fault. Yes, that's it. Those are the reasons for why AK hasn't become the superstar that he predestined him self to be. Or maybe it's just certain Jazz fans who see it that way. That's it. He's not accountable for his own development. He's not responsible for his own strength and conditioning and therefore health. He's not responsible for his wildly inconsistent effort on the court. Give me a break bro. AK's a bitch who's been playing with his tail between his legs for half a decade now.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's Corbin's man, and they have a history together, so he should know better than any of us. I still think we should get a defensive guru-type in here, as well as a big-man coach to get Kanter better acclimated to the NBA.

To try my best to answer PKM's queston, like most I'm not really sure exactly what Lowe's specialty or expertise is but he is Corbin's guy and they know each other from days at Minni I would guess he wanted someone he could trust, has some kind of report with and has experience (which is one thing we all agreed was a weakness of the staff) to help the staff come together and be a cohesive group.

To try my best to answer PKM's queston, like most I'm not really sure exactly what Lowe's specialty or expertise is but he is Corbin's guy and they know each other from days at Minni I would guess he wanted someone he could trust, has some kind of report with and has experience (which is one thing we all agreed was a weakness of the staff) to help the staff come together and be a cohesive group.

Thanks for taking a stab at it. That takes guts around here. I hope there's more to it than comfort, though. Also, what kind of a 'report' does Lowe have with Corbin?

Thanks for taking a stab at it. That takes guts around here. I hope there's more to it than comfort, though. Also, what kind of a 'report' does Lowe have with Corbin?
For starters, they have a rapport from playing a season together and part of a season where Lowe was an assistant coach. It sounds like they've stayed in touch over the years as well.

I like the hiring. The Jazz needed an experienced mind to help bring some guidance to what would otherwise be three guys with likely a ****-load of ideas but really no experience. I also like that it's kind of low-key for a guy that has the breadth of experience that Lowe has (in addition to that rapport).

Lowe also won a national championship with Thurl Bailey who has strong roots with the organization and the community. FWIW.

I was referring to his most recent tenure ... NC State. 25-54 in ACC play .. and he had CJ Leslie (sf/pf) who was mocked at 6 or 7 by DX and Ryan Harrow that is mocked at #10 for next years draft (after sitting out this year because of transferring out of NC State). Lowe was fired with 2 years remaining on his contract. Even if it's an assistant, why not get someone that develops players or something? I'll stop whining about this topic and find something else to bitch about.

... I'm still mad about the safe hire ..

not really, but I thought I'd get the homers all riled up.

I'm confused as to how any of us can really judge an assistant coach's performance.
Obviously, if our summer league guys suck and Lowe is the coach, then that means he's a failure and should be fired. It's entirely Lowe's fault Enes is 6'11" and so are his shots. It's Lowe's fault Burks was still on SLC time, not waking up until the game was nearly over.