What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

I think I would pretty happily give up Favors + Exum or even Favors + Ingles in a s&t for Harris. Would leave us with a little bit of room to sign another wing and I think a lot of Ingles value will be squeezed out as he ages plus we have another ball handler in Conley.

Fully expect I'm in the minority here and doubt the FO will pull the trigger, but I think it would probably be a good move over the next couple of years assuming we're able to sign another replacement level wing.

Boston and Lakers can get any player they want at any time they want. And Houston, Brooklyn and GS are just a step behind them in ability to get players.

The games that mater aren't on the court anymore, and as long as Emperor Silver and his regional governors are all making money that won't change.

Sucks for Charlotte, and Utah, and New Orleans, etc...but hey as long as the league gets a good matchup on Christmas day and some random Sunday in February that's all that matters.

Fav is twice the player and man than those 'better' guys
That strategy works best in team sports that go one-on-one, like wrestling, fencing, scramble golf, swimming, or Ragnar racing. In a sport that requires more interacting dynamics, the calculus changes a bit.

So the Jazz have reportedly shown interest in Mirotic, Portis and Thadeus Young.

Is any team going to spend 15-16M a year on Portis? I mean, I like the kifd, but based on his history and teams' cap situations, I find it very unlikely. Going through the teams that have space.

Knicks. Maybe since they'll strike out on other guys but they have Knox and Robinson as young guys they want to develop and I doubt they want to tie up cap space on him.

Nets. Highly doubt it.

Sixers. Highly doubt it though it makes some sense if they lose Harris.

Kings. Highly doubt it.

Clips. Nope. They have bigger aspirations.

Mavs. Doubt it with Zingy there.

Celts. Don't think they'll have the space after signing Kemba, will they?

Pacers. Don't have the space I don't think. Doesn't make sense with Turner and Sabonis there.

Pels. Nope.

Lakers. Nope.

Bulls. Nope. Just came from there.

Suns. Highly doubt it. I think they need and want a pg with the money they have.

I don't feel like doing any more teams. You get my point. How my teams even have money and then with the handful or two of teams that do, how many have a need or desire for a player like him?

Let him sit and wait. If someone wants to offer him more, all the more power to them. But we don't have to make a decision on Favors for a week which is nice.

Is any team going to spend 15-16M a year on Portis? I mean, I like the kifd, but based on his history and teams' cap situations, I find it very unlikely. Going through the teams that have space.

Knicks. Maybe since they'll strike out on other guys but they have Knox and Robinson as young guys they want to develop and I doubt they want to tie up cap space on him.

Nets. Highly doubt it.

Sixers. Highly doubt it though it makes some sense if they lose Harris.

Kings. Highly doubt it.

Clips. Nope. They have bigger aspirations.

Mavs. Doubt it with Zingy there.

Celts. Don't think they'll have the space after signing Kemba, will they?

Pacers. Don't have the space I don't think. Doesn't make sense with Turner and Sabonis there.

Pels. Nope.

Lakers. Nope.

Bulls. Nope. Just came from there.

Suns. Highly doubt it. I think they need and want a pg with the money they have.

I don't feel like doing any more teams. You get my point. How my teams even have money and then with the handful or two of teams that do, how many have a need or desire for a player like him?

Let him sit and wait. If someone wants to offer him more, all the more power to them. But we don't have to make a decision on Favors for a week which is nice.

Knicks for sure. They'll strike out on big names and then toss money around. It's what they do.

That strategy works best in team sports that go one-on-one, like wrestling, fencing, scramble golf, swimming, or Ragnar racing. In a sport that requires more interacting dynamics, the calculus changes a bit.
I'm OK with replacing him with Tobi but nothing else. Fav's fit should be much better this season with Conley starting instead of Rubio. One more shooter now and Fav's minutes should increase: 12 at PF, 16 at C.

Beginning of free agency is a crock when we already know half of what’s going to happen beforehand.

Boston and Lakers can get any player they want at any time they want. And Houston, Brooklyn and GS are just a step behind them in ability to get players.

The games that mater aren't on the court anymore, and as long as Emperor Silver and his regional governors are all making money that won't change.

Sucks for Charlotte, and Utah, and New Orleans, etc...but hey as long as the league gets a good matchup on Christmas day and some random Sunday in February that's all that matters.

The Pels could be super interesting.

Ball
Holiday-Hart
Ingram
Zion
Horford
Knicks for sure. They'll strike out on big names and then toss money around. It's what they do.

I don’t necessarily disagree. My hope is they don’t want a repeat of Hardaway and want to be flexible to sign big names.

Why should a perennial playoff team cut their 3rd best player?

Because he's a center and we already have an all NBA center and trying to play him at power forward is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.