What's new

Niang Makes the Team or We Riot Movement

The development and signing of players like Niang and O’Neale is big for the Jazz. It allows them several seasons a a good quality role player for cheap. It’s a major contributor to the depth we can maintain when we bring in a big star. Solid move in a series of solid moves for DL. Something that is under rated imo.

The development and signing of players like Niang and O’Neale is big for the Jazz. It allows them several seasons a a good quality role player for cheap. It’s a major contributor to the depth we can maintain when we bring in a big star. Solid move in a series of solid moves for DL. Something that is under rated imo.

Agreed. It's nice to have a farm system.

Agreed. It's nice to have a farm system.
Instead of being the farm system. I still think the Jazz should reach out and form a partnership with a Euro team to build a farm team like the SLC Stars over there too.

Spend more money than the Euro team could on its own to hire Jazz approved coaches, trainers and scouts to steer young international prospects that we’re interested in to that team for NBA development. It would take other teams years to match that setup if done well initially.

Instead of being the farm system. I still think the Jazz should reach out and form a partnership with a Euro team to build a farm team like the SLC Stars over there too.

Spend more money than the Euro team could on its own to hire Jazz approved coaches, trainers and scouts to steer young international prospects that we’re interested in to that team for NBA development. It would take other teams years to match that setup if done well initially.

Is this even legal?

Is this even legal?
No idea, but there has to be some way to do something like that. I have no idea if there’s rules against it. I don’t see why there would be.

Take a struggling 2nd or 3rd tier Euro team. They’re responsible for player contracts, travel and facilities. The Jazz cover the costs for coaches, trainers, nutritionists, team doctor and international scouts. They coach the team in a way that prepares young players for the NBA game. I think they could get the international guys who’d be “one and done” in the US to start considering them instead of college. Give players favorable NBA buy out clauses and then encourage guys like NWG (American Draft and Stash guys) to sign with them and start working towards an NBA opportunity. Just because nobody is doing it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work.

Last edited:
we are ****ing killing our farm system right now. If Niang becomes a good rotation big, it's just so ****ing huge for this team. We are in true need of a stretch-4 who can punish players when they're swithced onto them. Imagine what Niang could do if Curry switches onto him.

we are ****ing killing our farm system right now. If Niang becomes a good rotation big, it's just so ****ing huge for this team. We are in true need of a stretch-4 who can punish players when they're swithced onto them. Imagine what Niang could do if Curry switches onto him.
Or Parker. It doesn't matter if you're the worst player on your team, if Parker switches on to you, you go MJ. You will not be stopped.

If Niang's old man post game is the answer to switching defenses (for us) I'd be so happy. I don't care if we never win a championship if Joe Ingles is hitting threes and talking **** and Niang is hitting weird hooks and up and unders in the post.

If Niang's old man post game is the answer to switching defenses (for us) I'd be so happy. I don't care if we never win a championship if Joe Ingles is hitting threes and talking **** and Niang is hitting weird hooks and up and unders in the post.
It worked for Gorgeous George McHale back in the day. Why not.

It worked for Gorgeous George McHale back in the day. Why not.

I’m irrationally high on Niangs potential... here comes my hot take... are you ready?

In one year we will look at the addition of Niang as equal or greater value than the Royce signing a year ago.

#seasonofniang

Niang just sorta reminds me of Royce White, who for me was one of my favourite prospects ever in terms of what his game offered. Forever sad that his career turned out the way it did

Holy ****, Royce White is playing in Italy this season, under Coach Larry Brown (not a typo) for his first season there.

****ing rad. He dominated when he played in Canada. I hope he beasts on the European scene and makes it to the NBA in a couple years. He's just entering his prime rn.

Holy ****, Royce White is playing in Italy this season, under Coach Larry Brown (not a typo) for his first season there.

****ing rad. He dominated when he played in Canada. I hope he beasts on the European scene and makes it to the NBA in a couple years. He's just entering his prime rn.
Wasn’t he the guy out of the league because he wouldn’t fly? How’s he in Europe?

TL;DR: All HAIL KING GEORGES

Big Niang fan here, just browsing twitter and saw the Jazz are constantly tweeting about Niang and how he goes to all their camps and PR events. Seems like they are really pushing him on social media. Thought to myself, I wonder what Jazz fans think of Georges. Fun to find this thread. Georges (and Naz for that matter) made a big impression on the state of Iowa while he played for ISU. I get that Jazz fans dont have the emotional attachment to him like ISU fans do but if he gets a chance, he will not fail. Georges imo is as fun a player to watch as they come. His game is so unlike any other its hard to quantify his skill. One thing is for certain, he can flat out play and score the ball. Playing in the Big12 he played against some of the greatest recent NCAA players you can name (doesnt necessarily translate to the NBA at all I know) and while ISU didnt always win the game it was rare that Georges didnt walk off the court as the best player by a mile. As good a player as I think he is, his play doesnt come close to how good of a person he is. His actions are genuine his kindess sincere and his generosity with his time is unmatched. Very lucky to have him as a member of your organization.

BTW some were talking about nicknames. King Georges is my favorite. Also, Naz Long is Threezus of nazareth (do a google image search, worth it). Saw some confusion. Hopefully those cyclones will be as successful as Jeff Hornacek was for you guys.

TL;DR: All HAIL KING GEORGES

Big Niang fan here, just browsing twitter and saw the Jazz are constantly tweeting about Niang and how he goes to all their camps and PR events. Seems like they are really pushing him on social media. Thought to myself, I wonder what Jazz fans think of Georges. Fun to find this thread. Georges (and Naz for that matter) made a big impression on the state of Iowa while he played for ISU. I get that Jazz fans dont have the emotional attachment to him like ISU fans do but if he gets a chance, he will not fail. Georges imo is as fun a player to watch as they come. His game is so unlike any other its hard to quantify his skill. One thing is for certain, he can flat out play and score the ball. Playing in the Big12 he played against some of the greatest recent NCAA players you can name (doesnt necessarily translate to the NBA at all I know) and while ISU didnt always win the game it was rare that Georges didnt walk off the court as the best player by a mile. As good a player as I think he is, his play doesnt come close to how good of a person he is. His actions are genuine his kindess sincere and his generosity with his time is unmatched. Very lucky to have him as a member of your organization.

BTW some were talking about nicknames. King Georges is my favorite. Also, Naz Long is Threezus of nazareth (do a google image search, worth it). Saw some confusion. Hopefully those cyclones will be as successful as Jeff Hornacek was for you guys.

This reminds me so much of the first post I ever read by Red.

Wasn’t he the guy out of the league because he wouldn’t fly? How’s he in Europe?
I came in here to brag about Niang and saw this post and a few others right above and thought it funny 2 ISU players mentioned in one thread. It isnt he wont fly, he flew all over the country while with ISU. Royce is a different guy and to some a difficult guy. Royce has issues that he deals with that 100's of thousands of other Americans deal with on a daily basis. Royce felt it his duty to bring these issues to light after being drafted and having a platform. These issues were well known to the rockets and every other team before they drafted him. Royce was trying in his own way to change the world by addressing mental illness and its effects. In hindsight he should have not talked and waited a few years, but thats not Royce. Royce knowingly gave up a successful career to fight for what he believes in and from what I know would not do it any different if given a chance. Someone above said he just tore up the CBL which is true and is now going to play in Europe (a league with lots of plane travel) and he will undoubtedly be the star of that league. Guy is real good at basketball and would at the very least be a starter in the NBA imo. Royce has his own principles and right or wrong will die on the hill for them and that is admirable. Interesting that Kevin Love and Demar Derozen among others are coming out talking about their own issues and mentioning Royce as an inspiration. Seems he accomplished his goal despite sacrificing his own career.

Curious Georges
Georges teh Foreman
Georges Herman
Georges Washington
Georges Harrison
Georges Bailey
Georges of the Jungle
Georgie Peorgie Puddin Pie

All better than King Georges