What's new

Nikola Mirotic

He can't be traded until January and he has a player option for next year. If they want to give him away for a 2nd round pick, sure.

I would trade burks and a second rounder for him.

Win win

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

With proper coaching and system he is a good-to really good level shooter.
You only judge by looking at his nba stats. This guy was the best player in Europe. He still has potential. He needs a different environment.

With proper coaching and system he is a good-to really good level shooter.
You only judge by looking at his nba stats. This guy was the best player in Europe. He still has potential. He needs a different environment.

Our system is currently the worst offense in the NBA and I'm not positive Mirotic is the guy who is going to turn it around.

Our system is currently the worst offense in the NBA and I'm not positive Mirotic is the guy who is going to turn it around.

He does not need to turn around our offense but we need a true stretch 4 (Hello Jerebko)

When i said utah was a 35 win team i was roasted here, but this is the truth. You can't be biased as a fan all the time. Have to think realistically.
Utah is the worst offensive team in Western Conference. This was obvious even the day Haywood and Hill departed. Sad but true

He does not need to turn around our offense but we need a true stretch 4 (Hello Jerebko)

When i said utah was a 35 win team i was roasted here, but this is the truth. You can't be biased as a fan all the time. Have to think realistically.
Utah is the worst offensive team in Western Conference. This was obvious even the day Haywood and Hill departed. Sad but true

A true stretch would be great, but it wouldn't change the fact that currently don't have a rim attacking/foul draawing, paint breaking playmaker.

I don't see any reason for haste in trading for Mirotic. I don't think the Bulls would give him to us for Burks.

yea....we really blow chunks on offense.

think this is really on DL. We have a bunch of players who cant shoot.

yea....we really blow chunks on offense.

think this is really on DL. We have a bunch of players who cant shoot.

Shooting isn't the problem. The Jazz have plenty of players who can shoot. It's the ability to dribble penetrate to score that hurts the Jazz (along with turnovers of course). The Jazz's shooting is at lest middle of the pack.

Shooting isn't the problem. The Jazz have plenty of players who can shoot. It's the ability to dribble penetrate to score that hurts the Jazz (along with turnovers of course). The Jazz's shooting is at lest middle of the pack.

Shooting is absolutely part of the problem along with not taking it to the hole.

Shooting is absolutely part of the problem along with not taking it to the hole.

1. Shooting isnt part of the problem
2. I'm not going to judge shooting in a 5 game sample size

However we can clearly see the Jazz don't have the kind of player who can consistently get to the rim and draw fouls or score at the rim off the dribble. Hood showed some ability to draw fouls last game (though half of them were on a 3pt attempt, which is a fluky thing), but the only player who has shown any ability to really slice through the defense off the dribble is Mitchell, and he is too green to be consistent at this point.

Yes, you need a good 3pt % and high attempt rate to be a great offense, but the Jazz don't have to be a great offense. The Jazz just need to have a consistently decent offense. I don't think the 3pt shooting will stand in the way of that. What could is turnovers and lack of FT attempts.

1. Shooting isnt part of the problem
2. I'm not going to judge shooting in a 5 game sample size

However we can clearly see the Jazz don't have the kind of player who can consistently get to the rim and draw fouls or score at the rim off the dribble. Hood showed some ability to draw fouls last game (though half of them were on a 3pt attempt, which is a fluky thing), but the only player who has shown any ability to really slice through the defense off the dribble is Mitchell, and he is too green to be consistent at this point.

Yes, you need a good 3pt % and high attempt rate to be a great offense, but the Jazz don't have to be a great offense. The Jazz just need to have a consistently decent offense. I don't think the 3pt shooting will stand in the way of that. What could is turnovers and lack of FT attempts.

how can u take it to the rim when the teams clog the lanes cos nobody can shoot?

lanes open when u space the floor with shooters.....

Shooting is part of the problem... the starting lineup has 2 non-shooters in Gobert and Favs (long 2s are okay but teams ain't scared) and then Ricky who is good from 15 feet, but the 3 is really only okay when he is spotted up. Adding another shooter alongside Ingles and Hood may open up some stuff.

Creation is a bigger part of the problem though. Mirotic has a little bit of a pump fake drive game, but it ain't great. He isn't Ryan Anderson, but he's streaky as a shooter. He has done well in RPM over his career... I think his willingness and perceived shooting help him.

His contract has a team option though... not a player option... I think it is actually a non-guarantee. So if he sucks we could get out of jail free.

The trade that would work is Favs for Mirotic straight up. Gives them a solid young vet with an expiring contract.

how can u take it to the rim when the teams clog the lanes cos nobody can shoot?

lanes open when u space the floor with shooters.....

Look at Minnesota last year. They had less 3pt shooters than the Jazz, yet they had a guy like Wiggins who could score efficiently due to his ability to attack the rim.

Or Jimmy Butler in Chicago.

The PF taking 2 extra steps out to the 3pt line in offensive sets isnt going to greatly change the way Rubio, HOod, or Ingles are able to get to the basket. It would help Gobert out, but it wouldn't solve the two core issues that plagues the offense currently.

And again, the Jazz have two very good 3pt shooters in the starting lineup. It's not like we are completely void of shooting. We have the ability to space the floor at an adequate level to at least have an average, or slightly below average, offense.

Look at Minnesota last year. They had less 3pt shooters than the Jazz, yet they had a guy like Wiggins who could score efficiently due to his ability to attack the rim.

Or Jimmy Butler in Chicago.

The PF taking 2 extra steps out to the 3pt line in offensive sets isnt going to greatly change the way Rubio, HOod, or Ingles are able to get to the basket. It would help Gobert out, but it wouldn't solve the two core issues that plagues the offense currently.

And again, the Jazz have two very good 3pt shooters in the starting lineup. It's not like we are completely void of shooting. We have the ability to space the floor at an adequate level to at least have an average, or slightly below average, offense.

We are trying to create through Ricky and Rudy and Ingles PnR combos though so having less space absolutely hurts.

Wiggins has Towns to pull a big away and take attention... Chicago offense I'm not sure is great.

This guy is streaky... he's not a good defender but he's not a Kanter sieve either. It might work... we'd likely have until January to see if the current crew is not functioning.

We are trying to create through Ricky and Rudy and Ingles PnR combos though so having less space absolutely hurts.

Wiggins has Towns to pull a big away and take attention... Chicago offense I'm not sure is great.

This guy is streaky... he's not a good defender but he's not a Kanter sieve either. It might work... we'd likely have until January to see if the current crew is not functioning.

Rudy creates as much spacing as any shooter in the NBA. You can say we only have 2 shooters so therefore have below average spacing, but it's not accurate. We have an adequately spaced floor. What we suffer from isn't poor spacing, it's not having a guard who forces rotations off penetration.

Further, drawing any conclusions to the quality of shooting and its affect on the offense through 5 games is goofy (especially when we have 2 key players shooting well below their career averages and our key rookie, who most of us believe is a good shooter, shooting below his current capabilities). What we do know, and knew before the season even started, is that none of our ball-handling creators can score efficiently and with volume at the rim off the bounce.