What's new

Nikola Mirotic

How do people feel about the idea of pairing Sexton in the backcourt with Donovan?

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app
The size issue has to be a concern. I like Sexton, but I’m worried about longer teams coming out and bullying the Jazz if they add a short PG (Young or Sexton) to play with Mitchell. It’s one of the reasons that I like Mitchell so much in the PG role. His size then becomes a huge plus for the Jazz. Pair him with a long SG (like Jingles) and let them shut down opposing guards.

Exum has never sniffed Oladipo's production from any year.

He could become a player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could! But can we just look at the metrics and believe them? Also, you understand there are consequences to spending eight figures on a meh basketball player, right?

Which year of Exum are you comparing? The first year in which he obviously wasn't NBA ready and was drafted as a project, in which nobody in their right mind expected anything from him, or his second year recovering from a serious injury and never getting the chance to play through mistakes because we were trying to keep Haywood? For the life of me, I'll never understand how so many people fail so hard at putting a player's development into context.

My hell, if Mitchell were drafted a year earlier, half this board would have given up on him 2 weeks into his career, with the way he started. Instead, he was able to play through his mistakes and has had a chance to develop. Archie Moses would have been the leader of a whole group of Mitchell sucks clowns if he had had to develop under the same circumstances Exum had to deal with his second year.

Anyway, I'm done with this whole Exum jackassery. More than willing to wait until Utah signs him to his next contract. Exum's development hasn't even begun yet and he was doing just fine before the 2nd injury. Just ****ing asinine to give up on that player at this point.

Last edited:
This would be a 3 teams deal most probably. I would be shocked if we decided to trade a third pick in third year in a row for a rental having in mind just how disastrously the previous two went.

Think about something like:

UTA gets Mirotic
CHI gets BOS 1st round pick 2018, Aron Baynes, Guerschon Yabusele, other filler to make salaries work(Larkin?)
BOS gets Favors

----------------------------
UTA gets Mirotic
CHI gets CLE 1st round pick 2018, Channing Frye, other filler to make salaries work
CLE gets Favors

UTA gets Mirotic
CHI gets OKC 1st round pick 2018(lottery protected), Cole Aldrich, other filler to make salaries work
MIN gets Favors

Noone should be even thinking about trading lottery picks for a player in Mirotic who has stated he wants out of Chicago.

Two trades?

One centered on Favors for Mirotic and another around Rubio/Burks and Hill?

Gobert/Udoh
Mirotic/Jerebko
Ingles/Sefolosha
Mitchell/Hood
Hill/Neto/Exum

Roughly...

Seriously... You want to relive 2016 and make Exum your 3rd string pg

Last edited:
Please get mirotic. And please do it for cheap lol.

Which year of Exum are you comparing? The first year in which he obviously wasn't NBA ready and was drafted as a project, in which nobody in their right mind expected anything from him, or his second year recovering from a serious injury and never getting the chance to play through mistakes because we were trying to keep Haywood? For the life of me, I'll never understand how so many people fail so hard at putting a player's development into context.

My hell, if Mitchell were drafted a year earlier, half this board would have given up on him 2 weeks into his career, with the way he started. Instead, he was able to play through his mistakes and has had a chance to develop. Archie Moses would have been the leader of a whole group of Mitchell sucks clowns if he had had to develop under the same circumstances Exum had to deal with his second year.

Anyway, I'm done with this whole Exum jackassery. More than willing to wait until Utah signs him to his next contract. Exum's development hasn't even begun yet and he was doing just fine before the 2nd injury. Just ****ing asinine to give up on that player at this point.
It's not fair that Exum hasn't played very much, cumulatively, over his first four seasons, but I really don't see how that factor makes it more likely he gets better instead of worse. He doesn't get that time back, and it's not as though he just picks up where he left off.

We've run out of time to just play with house money on the kid. If we can keep him for cheap then I am of course about keeping him, I just don't know that that's going to happen.

Committing substantial cap to him and/or Hood scares me, and that is only sensible.

As far as Nikola Mirotic is concerned, I would rather not part with Exum in such a deal, but I view Exum as worth less than a first round pick, even a later one.

Here’s a Chicago article better detailing his contract situation:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-nikola-mirotic-trade-20180108-story,amp.html

Good find. They can take Bradley and expirings... Bradley was a first round pick.

Or they can kick effing rocks. Portland and Minnesota will not want the extra year on his contract because they capped out. What team is giving them what they want.

Then we can all wait until he cools off or starts causing issues with a young team while limiting the floor time Portis and Lauri get... and ruining their tank.

Just like us demanding a first rounder for Favs without salary... we can demand it but no teams will pay it.
This would be a 3 teams deal most probably. I would be shocked if we decided to trade a third pick in third year in a row for a rental having in mind just how disastrously the previous two went.

Think about something like:

UTA gets Mirotic
CHI gets BOS 1st round pick 2018, Aron Baynes, Guerschon Yabusele, other filler to make salaries work(Larkin?)
BOS gets Favors

UTA gets Mirotic
CHI gets CLE 1st round pick 2018, Channing Frye, other filler to make salaries work
CLE gets Favors

UTA gets Mirotic
CHI gets OKC 1st round pick 2018(lottery protected), Cole Aldrich, other filler to make salaries work
MIN gets Favors

Noone should be even thinking about trading lottery picks for a player in Mirotic who has stated he wants out of Chicago.

If we can get those deals, I don't think we can, I would just keep the 1st round pick for ourselves. I am currently Team Tank, so I am sure I'm an outlier.

Niko is on a hot streak. How much of it is real? Everyone knows he wants out and that the Bulls would like to deal him. I think patience will see his value decline.

The veto powers are still important because part of his value to teams like Portland and Minnesota is that he could be treated as an expiring. So guaranteeing that second year to get rid of the veto would be a negative.

I'd just wait these guys out if they won't take Bradley or a couple seconds for him.

How do people feel about the idea of pairing Sexton in the backcourt with Donovan?

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

I loved Mike Sexton on the WPT... He is a versatile player too. Plays 7 card stud, razz, 2-7 triple draw, omaha and hold-em all well.

But at 70 years of age, I probably wouldn't risk him in the back court next to Mitchell. :cool:

Last edited:
I think Exum's value to us is higher than his trade value. He'd be a guy I was targeting if I was another team. His summer league was so promising... we always knew it would take time with him. Would love to see him back and healthy this year.

Dan Clayton posted a good article with lots of info on Twitter 10 hours ago (can't link from here). Talks about the Jazz and trade scenarios and rumors. Worth reading if you're into this stuff.

Some highlights:

- Jazz appear to be shopping Joe Johnson, possibly as a favor to him to put him on a contender.
- Jazz and Bulls are talking, confirmed by Spencer Checketts
- Rumors of the Jazz having interest in a player with 3-4 years left on their contract in the high teens salary wise per year. Lists players in that category and says Crabbe and Fournier are interesting.
- Teams are calling about Burks but his value is hard to determine
- Favors, JJ and Burks are the most likely to be traded
- Keep an eye on DeAndre Jordan rumors to determine Favors market (Cleveland, Washington and Milwaukee mentioned by name)
- Discusses Mirotic's value. Less than a 1st more than a 2nd.
- Mirotic contract details
- Mentions that Gobert, Mitchell and maybe Ingles as really the only players off the table

Trading Bradley or a first round pick for one year of Mirotic is stupid.

Trading Exum for one year of Mirotic only makes sense if the Jazz have learned Exum's body is made of glass and his heart is full of cowardice.

At Least we have something to talk about until Monday. (Mirotic can't be traded until the 15th)

Dan Clayton posted a good article with lots of info on Twitter 10 hours ago (can't link from here). Talks about the Jazz and trade scenarios and rumors. Worth reading if you're into this stuff.

Some highlights:

- Jazz appear to be shopping Joe Johnson, possibly as a favor to him to put him on a contender.
- Jazz and Bulls are talking, confirmed by Spencer Checketts
- Rumors of the Jazz having interest in a player with 3-4 years left on their contract in the high teens salary wise per year. Lists players in that category and says Crabbe and Fournier are interesting.
- Teams are calling about Burks but his value is hard to determine
- Favors, JJ and Burks are the most likely to be traded
- Keep an eye on DeAndre Jordan rumors to determine Favors market (Cleveland, Washington and Milwaukee mentioned by name)
- Discusses Mirotic's value. Less than a 1st more than a 2nd.
- Mirotic contract details
- Mentions that Gobert, Mitchell and maybe Ingles as really the only players off the table

Thanks for the info! I wonder when/if anything will actually start going down. Will be interesting for sure to see which direction the Jazz decide to go.