What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Yes, but why would THAT team do the deal if they know that Mirotic doesn't want to be there? Then they would know they only have him for a season and a bit, and his value in the trade goes way down. So I think the no-trade thing still has some meaning/value.
This could be accomplished without a NTC. The NTC is inconsequential in this case.

He'd fit nicely but no way can we give up our first this year or next. Maybe if heavily protected, I'd do it. Bulls are insistent on getting a first but I can't think of any team who would give it to them. Maybe at the deadline if the bulls find no better offer the jazz will have a chance.

I don't think Favors has much trade value because everyone knows he'll leave the Jazz this off-season. But perhaps if a third team is involved CHI might get their 1st round pick along with a mediocre/poor contract. They can't move Mirotic that easily because he has a no-trade clause and wants to leave. CHI did weirder things in the past so they might as well keep him too.

The Jazz have tried to deal Favors since two years but he was mostly injured/undervalued so no deal was materialized.
The elephant in the room is Jazz's need to start a stretch four with Gobert. Gobert's struggles is mainly about him starting with Favors. Last year he was pretty good with enough spacing, in fact averaged 17 ppg on elite efficiency late last season. We might be looking at another addition by subtraction situation. Although visibly unhappy with the Jazz Favors is a quality player, so that's the dilemma we have.

I don't think Favors has much trade value because everyone knows he'll leave the Jazz this off-season. But perhaps if a third team is involved CHI might get their 1st round pick along with a mediocre/poor contract. They can't move Mirotic that easily because he has a no-trade clause and wants to leave. CHI did weirder things in the past so they might as well keep him too.

The Jazz have tried to deal Favors since two years but he was mostly injured/undervalued so no deal was materialized.
The elephant in the room is Jazz's need to start a stretch four with Gobert. Gobert's struggles is mainly about him starting with Favors. Last year he was pretty good with enough spacing, in fact averaged 17 ppg on elite efficiency late last season. We might be looking at another addition by subtraction situation. Although visibly unhappy with the Jazz Favors is a quality player, so that's the dilemma we have.

Or we could just start Mitchell as PG and send Rubio to the damn bench. That solves the problem quite nicely.

Who's ready to be really disappointed when the 15th comes around?

Not me. How often do significant trades happen the moment trade season open up? It's usually towards the end of the trade season.

Does Milwaukee swap Teletovic and their first for Favors and a second?

Favors and second to Milwaukee
Teletovic and 1st to Chicago
Mirotic to Utah

Chicago picks up a guy who won’t hurt tank but is owed $10M next year. They get their pick.

Milwaukee clears Teletovic next year, which would enable them to re-sign Favors, they get a solid contributor for this year and move back 20 spots in the draft.

Who's ready to be really disappointed when the 15th comes around?
I am a Jazz fan, therefore i am always ready for disappointment. Like a millennial It lives with me and i dont expect it will ever leave.

22kho8.jpg