What's new

Nikola Mirotic

I'm always disappointed when we miss, but that's human nature. When we let Millsap, Korver, Carroll and Wes go, I was pissed. When we waited to trade others, I was upset. If we don't trade Favors before he just leaves, I'll be disappointed.

However, I understand that the job isn't easy, the options aren't always there, and there are so many factors that go into decisions.

I don’t disagree but I think Chicago’s made it pretty clear what’s on the table — and the other two teams they’re “talking to” will have picks around 20.

Just take a minute to think about that. Who benefits from that information being leaked? Point is, nobody is in these discussions. There have been accurate rumors, and there have been completely inaccurate rumors, and honestly there is no way to even know which is which.

Yeah finding a way to swap Favors and Mirotic is a no-brainer for the Jazz but if the trade deadline comes and goes that doesn't mean it was a failure it didn't happen. It means that the asking price didn't align with the Jazz and/or other teams.

Just take a minute to think about that. Who benefits from that information being leaked? Point is, nobody is in these discussions. There have been accurate rumors, and there have been completely inaccurate rumors, and honestly there is no way to even know which is which.

Yeah finding a way to swap Favors and Mirotic is a no-brainer for the Jazz but if the trade deadline comes and goes that doesn't mean it was a failure it didn't happen. It means that the asking price didn't align with the Jazz and/or other teams.
The point I’m making is that we have different opinions on what’s an acceptable asking price — and that’s okay. The Jazz won’t trade our first rounder without some heavy protection. I understand that. On the other hand, I would trade it with much less protection. I thought trading away the OKC pick was too much for Rubio — I didn’t want Rubio at all — but they did. No big deal. We disagree. Perhaps trading the pick for Mirotic becomes like the Rubio deal. Perhaps it ends out like the Mitchell deal. It’s probably well between both of those but I believe it skews more positively to it working out. It’s possibpe for me to favor the trade without thinking someone is a total ******* moron for not offering up more. Life is sometimes like that.

The point I’m making is that we have different opinions on what’s an acceptable asking price — and that’s okay. The Jazz won’t trade our first rounder without some heavy protection. I understand that. On the other hand, I would trade it with much less protection. I thought trading away the OKC pick was too much for Rubio — I didn’t want Rubio at all — but they did. No big deal. We disagree. Perhaps trading the pick for Mirotic becomes like the Rubio deal. Perhaps it ends out like the Mitchell deal. It’s probably well between both of those but I believe it skews more positively to it working out. It’s possibpe for me to favor the trade without thinking someone is a total ******* moron for not offering up more. Life is sometimes like that.

Read the first paragraph. Point is rumors can be accurate or completely inaccurate. You can't be disappointed because a rumor about the asking price wasn't true.

But yes that would not be a good use of a 1st-rounder in our situation.

Read the first paragraph. Point is rumors can be accurate or completely inaccurate. You can't be disappointed because a rumor about the asking price wasn't true.

But yes that would not be a good use of a 1st-rounder in our situation.
I don’t buy most rumors but I think you may be alone here. Even Cy would concede that Chicago would deal Niko as soon as a first rounder is secured.

He is not what he was 2 years ago to my eyes, and has been easily injured. He is not the force down low he once was, he has lost some of explosion.

Yes he is. He was injured god damnit!! Don't be an idiot he's scoring damn near 18 pts with Gobert injured. He dropped off right around the time Gobert was put in the starting lineup. They don't fit well together. Is it too much for you to not say dumb things? Or am I asking the impossible?

God damn man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t disagree but I think Chicago’s made it pretty clear what’s on the table — and the other two teams they’re “talking to” will have picks around 20.

Saw some rumor that said Detroit won't trade their pick. Portland won't unless they dump salary... Chicago will settle one way or another... just hope it is for our poopoo platter of likely second round picks and expiring salary.

Basically the last 15 pages of the thread are just speculation. Monday should be interesting to see if he gets traded or not.

If Favors and Mirotic miss the next Jazz and Bulls games I would suggest an in principal deal is done. Proof will be in the pudding tomorrow.

If Favors and Mirotic miss the next Jazz and Bulls games I would suggest an in principal deal is done. Proof will be in the pudding tomorrow.

my brisbane lions might come in with a late offer of a couple of our midfielders including luke hodge ... we need a big centre half forward

Gobert needs Niko like Tyson Chandler needs Dirk, like Malone needs Stockton, like Deron Williams needs a job, like Ronnie Brewer needs pillows, like Olden Polynice needs a badge, like AK needs love and affection from Jerry, like Booner needs to know what a skillet is, like Rony Seikaly needs a ring (that son of a bitch).

I’m pretty sure Ante Tomic closes this deal. He’s like a lottery pick.

i think he got into strife for impersonating a copper

Gold, I used to think he wasn't a bad player, crap hands tho

old Fitzroy
don't tell me you're one of these feral Tigers hooligans ??

Nominally Hawthorn but in reality I watch football more, follow St Pauli in Germany and the Hammers in the EPL. Caught a few games in Barcelona 18 months ago too.