What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Wait, it would be silly to trade away the 11 pick but in the next sentence you propose trading it away for Love?

Lottery picks very rarely are moved before lottery day. It's more likely to happen during the draft. At that point Favors will be gone. Moreover, most teams in the lottery suck and are not looking to add talent on short term deals. On the contrary, most teams are looking to improve their draft position and accumulate assets. The exception occurs when a contender has a lottery pick (Celtics, Cavs this year) but they won't trade away an incredible asset for a guy like Favors. Best bet is to tank and improve our pick.
I see where your coming from and I'm not sure I was clear enough. I see Favors putting out his best numbers since before his injury. I think his value is rising and I think he's poised to have a near career year. I think come draft day we could pair him with the 11 to move up or get a strong player like Love.

Cleveland sees the writing on the wall and are going to have to tank. Favors is solid and 11 is a much better pick then 25 or higher.

I'm not saying that this particular trade comes to fruition. It might give us more leverage then trading Favors now though.

I see where your coming from and I'm not sure I was clear enough. I see Favors putting out his best numbers since before his injury. I think his value is rising and I think he's poised to have a near career year. I think come draft day we could pair him with the 11 to move up or get a strong player like Love.

Cleveland sees the writing on the wall and are going to have to tank. Favors is solid and 11 is a much better pick then 25 or higher.

I'm not saying that this particular trade comes to fruition. It might give us more leverage then trading Favors now though.
If Favors is still on the team in another month, it's not possible to trade him.

Favors is an upcoming FA. We won't be able to package him on draft day.

I need some good news. I'm experiencing Niko withdrawal.

For the past 4-5 days I think I've been hitting refresh on JF more than the past 5 years combined. If Monday rolls around and Mirotic lands somewhere else, I'm going to have a serious case of something. I'm sure there's a word for it. Maybe even two.

I'll be feeling pretty blue.

CalculatingWelcomeGuineapig-max-1mb.gif

For the past 4-5 days I think I've been hitting refresh on JF more than the past 5 years combined. If Monday rolls around and Mirotic lands somewhere else, I'm going to have a serious case of something. I'm sure there's a word for it. Maybe even two.

I think he'd be pretty good for us and I think we have say a 50% shot at getting it done. Our own first won't be involved imo, but I think we have enough stuff to extract a 1st from someone else.

They really should not have come out and demanded a 1st. Now if they don't get it they look like they failed... even if it was "posturing".

Dallas gave a fake first and Anderson (who is bad) for Noel last year... we could do the same. Jazz 1rp protected top 18 then becomes a second this year and next. They get to win the press conference... kind of.

Part of me is starting to think that the Mirotic thing is a smokescreen and we are going to get Jabari Parker. Unfortunately I think we give up Exum in that deal, along with Favors.

I think we make a move, but I certainly don't the Mirotic deal is a sure thing.

DL and the Jazz FO have a unique way of operating. Seems like when we do make moves, there's not a whisper about it in the media until it's done. A lot of the other "sure things" in recent years (e.g., trading Favors + #5 to CLE for the #1 pick, the Jae Crowder sign and trade, etc.) that had the media buzzing never materialized.

I feel like that used to be true but we heard a lot of chatter about Rubio and then it happened. But the Hill deal seemed out of no where I guess. So, I guess my conclusion is we could do anything.

Part of me is starting to think that the Mirotic thing is a smokescreen and we are going to get Jabari Parker. Unfortunately I think we give up Exum in that deal, along with Favors.

I would be okay with that deal although I would prefer it to be Hood and Favors.

This

I'm to the point that I'd prefer Mirotic to Jabari -- much less expensive, he's actually a four (not just a slow SF), can actually rebound better, and lights it up like you wouldn't buhleef from three.

I'm to the point that I'd prefer Mirotic to Jabari -- much less expensive, he's actually a four (not just a slow SF), can actually rebound better, and lights it up like you wouldn't buhleef from three.

Jabari (if healthy) is a better player and we would control his rights for a lot longer which makes him a better asset as well.