What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Or we could just start Mitchell as PG and send Rubio to the damn bench. That solves the problem quite nicely.
Gobert's emergence in the absense of Derrick Favors had nothing to do with Donovan Mitchell or Rubio.

I would like to think the pairing can work, but I think we've run out of time and Favors is sick of all of this. I'm sick of trying to figure out his place on this team, too.

Gobert's emergence in the absense of Derrick Favors had nothing to do with Donovan Mitchell or Rubio.

I would like to think the pairing can work, but I think we've run out of time and Favors is sick of all of this. I'm sick of trying to figure out his place on this team, too.

A Niko Gobert 4-5 pick and roll could be fun.

Team Favors fans need to realize he is gone it is over. We could survive with Ricky and Gobert if we have 3 floor spacers on the court with them. I don’t feel like we get a huge jump in defense when Gobert and Favs are on the court versus just Gobert.

I’m coming around to we should give a protected first for him. Top 16 this year, lotto the next year, top 10 the following year or it goes to two second rounders.

The whole thing with Favors, the older he gets, the less of a 4 and more of a 5 he becomes.

And the myth that he protects the rim is a problem if he is a 5.

Don't tell other teams until we trade him okay?

I'm with you Numberica. I'm completely done with Favors "what-ifs." Its unfair to our franchise and to him.

He has been a good pro and loyal servant, but time to head our separate ways.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Locke made a good point about this today - due to the Sepien rule, we're hamstrung from dealing another first round pick until the year after the one we would owe to Chicago issues - and the uncertainty with the protections could hinder us in future deals.

He made some allusions to Cleveland's roster and struggles ... I wouldn't be surprised if that Jae Crowder / Favors based deal I suggested ends up happening or Favors otherwise ends up in Cleveland.

Locke made a good point about this today - due to the Sepien rule, we're hamstrung from dealing another first round pick until the year after the one we would owe to Chicago issues - and the uncertainty with the protections could hinder us in future deals.

He made some allusions to Cleveland's roster and struggles ... I wouldn't be surprised if that Jae Crowder / Favors based deal I suggested ends up happening or Favors otherwise ends up in Cleveland.

We should not trade anymore picks anyway so I don’t care much about the Stepien issue. I want to keep our pick this year because it will be lotto or mid first and getting a prospect in now has more value to DM’s window.

I’m very down for a Favors/Crowder swap. Chicago not really want Favors anyway, give them JJ and cough up a first rounder.

I’m very down for a Favors/Crowder swap. Chicago not really want Favors anyway, give them JJ and cough up a first rounder.
Or if we give them a first we could force Burks.

Or if we give them a first we could force Burks.

I agree but I think Favs would have to be moved either way. Maybe we could send both back. Bulls are way under the cap right now.

I agree but I think Favs would have to be moved either way. Maybe we could send both back. Bulls are way under the cap right now.
Send Favors to Cleveland. I’m sure we could at least get a second out of that by swapping Frye, if we can’t get Crowder. At least gives him a chance to get a ring. That’d do him a real solid and get a lot of exposure in a role he’d shine in going into free agency.

favors for crowder will work actually. they need a center

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Favors has done everything we could ever want.

Now is the time to treat him right.

Also, now is the time to turn Deron Williams into Mirotic (via Derrick Favors).

Favors to Cleveland has always been the most logical trade. Crowder has struggled and the Cavs need better defense. Moving Love back to the 4 and having Favs play inside seems like a perfect fit. IMO, it's an even swap. The corpse of Frye comes to Utah as filler.
Is Crowder a better 3 than 4?

Favors has done everything we could ever want.

Now is the time to treat him right.

Also, now is the time to turn Deron Williams into Mirotic (via Derrick Favors).
Good point. If Favors simply expires then all we’ve got to show for Deron is Rubio.

Favors to Cleveland has always been the most logical trade. Crowder has struggled and the Cavs need better defense. Moving Love back to the 4 and having Favs play inside seems like a perfect fit. IMO, it's an even swap. The corpse of Frye comes to Utah as filler.
Is Crowder a better 3 than 4?

I don’t think Favs get you Crowder. I don’t see Favs as a huge upgrade to Tristan Thompson. I think they’d rather have Thabo than Favs.

Thabo for Frye and their pick maybe we send our second rounder. Saves them some dough in LT.

The whole thing with Favors, the older he gets, the less of a 4 and more of a 5 he becomes.
Locke said on his podcast yesterday that Favors has "absolutely no desire to return to Utah", because he would be mainly serving as a 5, and therefore mainly the backup to Gobert.