What's new

Noah Will Save Us

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Look when God saw the world was going to **** he took an imperfect man and had him build a boat to save the world... that brings us to now when we look to save our bench by bringing in someone with the same namesake.

Noah Vonleh - The case for him

He has had some nice defensive moments and is generally a solid defender.
He has some okay offensive tools our other bigs don't have.
He is not Ed Davis.
He has a physique that should be on the cover of Men's Health.
He is not Tony Bradley.
Maybe @infection will stop whining about backup center.

Look his shooting percentages are okay, but based on a review of his highlight videos he never misses and no one has ever scored on him... so **** numbers I'm going with the eye test.

The case against him... none.

Mudiay makes sense for the wolves... they don't have bird rights on Vonleh and can give Mudiay a little run... maybe we also send TB their way... they can keep him next year and he is a great hang... KAT would love playing video games with him and word is TB is a great wingman.

Make it happen JZ.

Doesn't move the meter for me. We are giving up one of our good bench players who can make his own shot and has improved quickly coming from outside of the Jazz organization. Never have been a big fan of Noah, I know how some people wanted to draft him but he really hasn't improved much. Jazz need some more size for sure.

Doesn't move the meter for me. We are giving up one of our good bench players who can make his own shot and has improved quickly coming from outside of the Jazz organization. Never have been a big fan of Noah, I know how some people wanted to draft him but he really hasn't improved much. Jazz need some more size for sure.

He's improved a lot since he came in the league... he was terrible when he came in the league though... he was very young.

You didn't rebut any of the case for him... he is not Ed or Tony and he is thicc AF. @infection gave his blessing and has said he will move on to complaining only about Niang.

Seriously though... the form on his shot is solid and I think he has some promise... you don't improve your physique like he did without being a worker. He's a better defender than Tony and I think he can catch the ball sometimes on pick and roll... and might be a pick and pop option.

Mudiay will be a depth piece when Conley comes back... Just don't see how he gets regular minutes and not sure you want him out of place as an offball wing. I think Noah would have a better shot at getting playing time.

Trade for Noah, then trade Bradley and Davis and sign Noah.

He's improved a lot since he came in the league... he was terrible when he came in the league though... he was very young.

You didn't rebut any of the case for him... he is not Ed or Tony and he is thicc AF. @infection gave his blessing and has said he will move on to complaining only about Niang.

Seriously though... the form on his shot is solid and I think he has some promise... you don't improve your physique like he did without being a worker. He's a better defender than Tony and I think he can catch the ball sometimes on pick and roll... and might be a pick and pop option.

Mudiay will be a depth piece when Conley comes back... Just don't see how he gets regular minutes and not sure you want him out of place as an offball wing. I think Noah would have a better shot at getting playing time.
People missing the point that Mudiay won’t get much (any) burn in the playoffs. Bradley, on the other hand...

Just wait for that Gobert foul trouble or total breakdown from playing 44 mpg.

People missing the point that Mudiay won’t get much (any) burn in the playoffs. Bradley, on the other hand...

Just wait for that Gobert foul trouble or total breakdown from playing 44 mpg.

That and the defensive liabilities are magnified in the playoffs and having a big that can switch a little and still not give up too much in rim protection is super valuable. Only way Mudiay stays is if they let JC walk imo… I'd rather try Morgan as the small ball switchy center, but Vonleh is bigger and its a similar concept. He could work against AD/Dwight tandem as well. If he can build off his 3P shooting from last year it could be helpful. He's solid in the midrange... not what you want a lot of volume on, but there are times when that is what you are given and its late in the clock... The Favs 15 footer type of shot.

JC/Mike or DM are going to carry the bench shots... so you just can't have someone that the defense can completely ignore... and we need a better defensive option... TB and Niang together is brutal. One good bench big and getting Conley healthy fixes 90% of our rotation problems.

Joakim Noah is 34 years old. Could still be capable in limited minutes, I'd like a lot more as our 3rd center, than our 2nd.

Joakim Noah is 34 years old. Could still be capable in limited minutes, I'd like a lot more as our 3rd center, than our 2nd.
Wrong Noah we talking Noah Vonleh... but also does anyone think Joakim Noah would be worse than Tony Bradley. It's the playoffs and we need 12 minutes from a center... you can pick TB or Noah... who ya got?

Noah has been let go by Charlotte, Portland, Da Bulls, and the Knicks prior to landing in Minny after being drafted behind DedEx in 2014. Red flags?

Noah has been let go by Charlotte, Portland, Da Bulls, and the Knicks prior to landing in Minny after being drafted behind DedEx in 2014. Red flags?
Joe Ingles was getting benched in Aussie/Euro leagues before becoming an MVP candidate. He's been productive in a few of those spots. Charlotte used him as a trade chip to land a good player (at the time).

Kinda like Mudiay he hasn't found a home or lived up to his original draft hype doesn't mean he's not good.

And on the contrary, DL has been clutching TB with a king fu grip. Is that a sign that he’s part of a solution?

I see your point about adding depth and it's certainly necessary but no, Vonleh is a scrub and Mudiay has been Utah's best bench player. For comparison Niang has -7.1 NETRTG while Mudiay has +1.2. He defends well, rebounds better than any guard and is always aggressive yet somehow in control. If he continues his progress I'd not rule him out being a part of Utah's future plans, even in a surprising role.

And on the contrary, DL has been clutching TB with a king fu grip. Is that a sign that he’s part of a solution?

If Noah was drafted by DL he'd be on a 4 year $50M extension or some ****.

I do think that possibly Ed could work now that the bench unit doesn't include Jeff Green the human traffic cone and has creators like JC, Mudiay, DM and they are likely going to finish the PnR by themselves. We maybe should consider switching up schemes too... we may need different styles in the playoffs anyway.

As far as backup centers rattling around Willie Reed and Hasheem Thaebert are available. Dragan Bender was the GLeague player of the month and Justin Patton had a GLeague game of 45 points, 16 rebounds, 9 assists and 6 blocks.

Vonleh supposedly has the biggest hands in the history of the NBA.

That's all I got.

Oh JZ shows him those hand pads and DL might tell him to throw a first in to get him... likely picks him up personally with a moving truck.