What's new

Noah Will Save Us

How'd he do on the balance test? You know DL has to see that balance.
It didn't go well when he was 19 but he was overly ambitious with his trick selection on the balance beam and floor routines. He absolutely crushed the uneven bars but it wasn't quite enough to convince DL that he was better than the Australian mystery box.

Last night was the second loss of the season that (quite conceivably) rests first on the shoulders of TB. And, everyone should also consider that there’s no way he’s ready for the playoffs. So, something needs to be done.

I like to imagine that we’re just waiting for the wheels to fall completely off in Phoenix.... cuz, ya know.... I need to imagine this because the alternative scenarios are a bit too frustrating.

Last night was the second loss of the season that (quite conceivably) rests first on the shoulders of TB. And, everyone should also consider that there’s no way he’s ready for the playoffs. So, something needs to be done.

I like to imagine that we’re just waiting for the wheels to fall completely off in Phoenix.... cuz, ya know.... I need to imagine this because the alternative scenarios are a bit too frustrating.

I thought that Mudiay was worse, but TB was right there. I think he's fine in the first half even, but when teams figure out they need to attack him and possession get more critical it doesn't work.

I'm not sure how much he has left at this point. His defense is likely still good or at least much better than Bradley. My concern would be offensively, Ed completely wrecked our second unit offense with his inability to finish at the rim or be any kind of threat in pick and roll, and I think Noah would be just as bad or worse on offense.

I'm not sure how much he has left at this point. His defense is likely still good or at least much better than Bradley. My concern would be offensively, Ed completely wrecked our second unit offense with his inability to finish at the rim or be any kind of threat in pick and roll, and I think Noah would be just as bad or worse on offense.

Noah Vonleh is only like 24... so much left in the tank.... I know you think it is Joakim Noah... just yanking at ya chain

I've been curious about Vonleh since we were talking about a Favors replacement last year. The idea of Vonleh fits perfectly: someone who can toggle between PF and C as needed, he has the physical tools/defensive chops to at least stand a chance with the Giannises and ADs of the world, he had improved his 3 point shot last year, this year his 2-pt efficiency is way up, he's a surprisingly effective passer.

But I really want to (and sincerely don't) know the story of why he's been buried on the bench in Minny before I'm all in. And how are the Wolves looking at him these days? Would they be happy to just get something modest for him?

He gives you the option of a one-possession defensive lineup.

Donovan
Royce
Joe
Noah
Gobert

I've been curious about Vonleh since we were talking about a Favors replacement last year. The idea of Vonleh fits perfectly: someone who can toggle between PF and C as needed, he has the physical tools/defensive chops to at least stand a chance with the Giannises and ADs of the world, he had improved his 3 point shot last year, this year his 2-pt efficiency is way up, he's a surprisingly effective passer.

But I really want to (and sincerely don't) know the story of why he's been buried on the bench in Minny before I'm all in. And how are the Wolves looking at him these days? Would they be happy to just get something modest for him?
Valid question but TB would be buried on the bench on a lot of teams, too.

Even trade TB straight across for those of you not wanting to get rid of Mudiay. They can be on the hook for his $3.5M next year. Give them Tomic rights, too. They were the team most interested in his rights (10 years ago).

Even trade TB straight across for those of you not wanting to get rid of Mudiay. They can be on the hook for his $3.5M next year. Give them Tomic rights, too. They were the team most interested in his rights (10 years ago).
The Crabbe trade as I understand it was in part planning for next year... have his bird rights instead of Teagues and then you don't have to use an exception to retain that player... Crabbe is minimum guy in my opinion, but they must see it differently.

This could be similar... lock in a young budding third center for next year cheap... they don't have bird rights on Vonleh.

Valid question but TB would be buried on the bench on a lot of teams, too.

Very likely. But we're still left with the question of whether NV is an improvement over TB.

Frankly, if we acquired Vonleh somehow, I'd like to see him incorporated in a 3-man PF/C backup rotation along with Bradley and Niang, with somewhat more "playing by ear" for the needs of the game/matchup than Quin usually does. We may not want 16-18 minutes from any individual backup C or PF, but if we can get 10-12 from each, we'd at least get Rudy and others a little rest.

I thought that Mudiay was worse, but TB was right there. I think he's fine in the first half even, but when teams figure out they need to attack him and possession get more critical it doesn't work.
Our backup C is more pivotal to our success than whatever roles you define for Mudiay or Niang, though. For me, whatever you get from Mudiay (mid-range) or Niang (3s) is gravy; and if they aren’t clicking, then it’s on Q to shift away from them. But TB is fulfilling a role that of the main course (i.e. not gravy).

Our backup C is more pivotal to our success than whatever roles you define for Mudiay or Niang, though. For me, whatever you get from Mudiay (mid-range) or Niang (3s) is gravy; and if they aren’t clicking, then it’s on Q to shift away from them. But TB is fulfilling a role that of the main course (i.e. not gravy).
Very nice though I do prefer cakkk and icing references... please adjust in the future tia.

How important is it to keep developing Mudiay for the season to the Jazz's credibility? It should only open the eyes of other players and agents who want to come here in the future and develop under Quin. We lose some of that cred if we trade him now.

Noah has been let go by Charlotte, Portland, Da Bulls, and the Knicks prior to landing in Minny after being drafted behind DedEx in 2014. Red flags?
Well 3 out of 4 of those organizations suck dick and don’t know what the **** they’re doing so it’s actually probably a sign that he’s a diamond waiting to be mined.