What's new

Noah Will Save Us

How important is it to keep developing Mudiay for the season to the Jazz's credibility? It should only open the eyes of other players and agents who want to come here in the future and develop under Quin. We lose some of that cred if we trade him now.
Can’t lose sight of why we’re doing that, though. And it’s a model for guys who may be out of the league to come play for us. Those guys will always be there.

The Crabbe trade as I understand it was in part planning for next year... have his bird rights instead of Teagues and then you don't have to use an exception to retain that player... Crabbe is minimum guy in my opinion, but they must see it differently.

This could be similar... lock in a young budding third center for next year cheap... they don't have bird rights on Vonleh.

Can you explain (I genuinely don't understand all the Bird Rights stuff)? If they don't have BR on Vonleh, would we be able to get them through a trade ("lock in a … center for next year cheap")? Or what is it you're arguing here?

Can you explain (I genuinely don't understand all the Bird Rights stuff)? If they don't have BR on Vonleh, would we be able to get them through a trade ("lock in a … center for next year cheap")? Or what is it you're arguing here?
We wouldn’t have them. We’d have to sign with MLE or BAE. Or, the vet minimum.

Can’t lose sight of why we’re doing that, though. And it’s a model for guys who may be out of the league to come play for us. Those guys will always be there.
Might even be a testament to our staff if he regresses at his next stop.

Since they are both on one year deals they will need to be retained by using cap space or an exception. They’d likely not use an exception to retain Vonleh... so he might not be something they are worried about retaining.

Noah at least has NBA athleticism, unlike Bradley. The provo 21st Ward high priest Group would out run and out jump him in a ward b-ball tournament. Bradley struggles to dunk on an 8 foot rim. So really, anything would be an upgrade over him.

Hard to take anything you say seriously (maybe you don't intend people to, I suppose) when everything is gross hyperbole. Vonleh and Bradley both average one dunk per 27 minutes this year. Bradley's got awareness and quickness problems, but he's a great runner for a center.

Noah at least has NBA athleticism, unlike Bradley. The provo 21st Ward high priest Group would out run and out jump him in a ward b-ball tournament. Bradley struggles to dunk on an 8 foot rim. So really, anything would be an upgrade over him.
Could those elders lead not one but two nba summer leagues in rebounding?

Could those elders lead not one but two nba summer leagues in rebounding?

Seeing the amount of bricks put up in summer league? How could they not?

So we’ve gone from defending Exum “Cuz one time several years ago he played defense on Harden once” to “Bradley rebounded in the summer league.”

Sigh

guys, wake the **** up. Our backup centers suck *** and will hold this team back. We won’t win a championship no matter how well everyone else plays as long as Bradley and Davis are Gobert’s backups.

/thread

Wrong Noah we talking Noah Vonleh... but also does anyone think Joakim Noah would be worse than Tony Bradley. It's the playoffs and we need 12 minutes from a center... you can pick TB or Noah... who ya got?
I keep reading TB as Trey Burke for some reason. So yeah, certainly not him.

I think at this point I'd rather trade Conley whose career is almost over than Mudiay who has his whole career ahead of him and has shown a good deal of improvement this year. He's on an upward trajectory and Conley is going downward. But then his contract has made him untradeable, almost like the Rooster.

Vonleh got a DNP tonight. Send them NWG. Starting offer is NWG and Tomic. See what they say.

Also, the idea that we shouldn’t move Mudiay because of the message it sends to prospective reclamation projects is funny because Vonleh is exactly that type of guy that would be a reclamation project that we’d be worried about offending.

Also, the idea that we shouldn’t move Mudiay because of the message it sends to prospective reclamation projects is funny because Vonleh is exactly that type of guy that would be a reclamation project that we’d be worried about offending.
You dont trade Mudiay for Vonleh because you dont trade a useful guy for a suck guy.