What's new

Non jazz 2019 playoff discussion.

One of the funniest things today was that the Raptors thought Derozan was their problem in the playoffs... He won, they still lost lol.

Lowery was blessed with Tracy McGrady's curse from his time playing in Houston. Moving to TMac's original NBA home only intensified said curse.

None of the upsets feel super telling to me, no secret weaknesses revealed, mostly a shooting thing each time, I'd guess it balances out and the higher seed advances in each case (PHI/TOR/DEN).

Philadelphia has obvious spacing issues that teams with a lot of preparation are going to feast on. Toronto and Denver also look entirely unprepared for playoff basketball. Denver now has to win on the road against good competition, something that has been hard for them.

You haven't explained one thing about why you don't like him and think he's entitled other than you just have a feeling.

Unless you can start naming reasons, at what point do you realize the issue is you and you are projecting?

I accept your challenge. I'm on it.

You haven't explained one thing about why you don't like him and think he's entitled other than you just have a feeling.

Unless you can start naming reasons, at what point do you realize the issue is you and you are projecting?

I admit that he's a fantastic, overweight dunker.

When one of his legs snaps under that force it will truly be nightmarish.

I admit that he's a fantastic, overweight dunker.

When one of his legs snaps under that force it will truly be nightmarish.

Overweight? According to who?

He's a rare player that we've never seen the likes of. He's certainly not the norm, but saying he's overweight implies that it's a problem, when his size is a strength. He's still as fast and explosive as the best his age, he's more athletic than 99% of kids who weigh less than him, he uses his size to his advantage to dominate. His weight, at this point, is not a problem like Eddie Curry, Big Baby, the Rainman, Derrick Coleman, Diaw, Sean May, Oliver Miller. His weight is what makes him special.

“At that weight or approximately that weight, he moves as fast as anybody, jumps higher than anybody and he’s alert. We’re not talking about someone who has excess body fat. This is a kid that’s in pretty darn good shape and just has a man’s mass. It’s more mass and strength than any type of excess weight. I’m not concerned about that. He’s done really well.” Coach K.

In the past I've said I could see him being the Bo Jackson of the NBA, but I'm not acting like he's destined for injury. You think his leg is gonna snap? Ouch...

I just feel like you have issues with the kid based off of how he looks or what you judge about him based off your thoughts. So what if he's a dunker. He's a damn good one and he's so much more than that. I'd say enjoy him cause he could be the next once in a generation player we see in the NBA.

Boston's old stinkin broadcasters are making all sorts of excuses.. What about mentioning your big $$$$ roster is on pace to score 75 points this game..

Think boston still wins this, but indiana is playing solid D. Can indiana keep this up?

Why do you assume Boston is the vastly superior team? Nothing in the actual gameplay of this season should lead you to believe that.

To be fair, sometimes feelings are all you need. I always had the impression that Ben Simmons felt like he was a superstar and that he didn't need to work on improving his game at all. I had no evidence of it, it was just an impression. After he got to the NBA we began to see the evidence of it come out.

I don't get the same impression about Zion. But if someone else does I can't really knock it. Sometimes your gut is right.