What's new

Non jazz 2019 playoff discussion.

Crazy to think there's a possibility the Warriors could miss the playoffs next year.

wow ... ACL .. poor bastard didn't look that bad when he came down
He was off balance and the knee bent inwards. It’s exactly the type of situation you hope to avoid because of the risk for ACL tear.

Reminds me exactly of when Jordy Nelson tore his in a preseason game against the Steelers. He got up and jogged off the field similar to how Klay was moving before they tested it.

That’s a pity. I was hoping for a game seven. That Raptors team was the least cheering championship team I have seen in an a while. But it’s nice to see a ( The only for now ) non-US team getting crowned finally and the trophy is getting put in the shelf where the game was invented.

I realized that the first sentence Kawhi Leonard said to Doris Burke was ‘life experiences’. But then switched back to the usual stuff. There must be a lot of feelings inside this guy under that mask of no feelings with his father and God knows what else.

Klay was walking and jumping around... on a torn ACL?!

I didn’t think that was medically possible tbh.

The west is completely wide open now. If the jazz connect big time this summer we could be in the finals.

Klay is out for the game. Must be serious. I feel bad for the player, but I don't feel bad for the Warriors or their fans.

They have been almost 100% healthy the last 4 finals. Crap happens. That's why you have 4 all stars and a finals MVP.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I keep seeing people say 4 all stars. Cousins isnt an all star this season. And the finals mvp isnt a finals mvp anymore.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I keep seeing people say 4 all stars. Cousins isnt an all star this season. And the finals mvp isnt a finals mvp anymore.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
True, but they made a bigger deal out of these Warriors injuries than the Cavs in 2015. I take older Iggy, recovering Cousins and still strong Draymond over Dellie, Mozgov and Tristan Thompson 10 out of 10 times.

Golden State was the massive favorite this year for a reason - tons of top end talent and decent depth. Klay Thompson played 4.5 of 6 games. Durant played an amazing quarter. GS still had talent on the court.

To me, this series showed me just how good LeBron James has been. Curry disappeared again in the Finals. Toronto is a deep team full of good players and one elite guy. They battled for 4 wins even with the Warrior injuries. Last year, LeBron was out there beating this fully healthy GS team prior to the only foul call reversal in the history of the NBA in last year's game 1. You put LeBron in last years form on this Toronto team against a GS team with these injuries, and the Raptors sweep GS.

But overall, I think this result is good for the NBA. The Raptors won't get full credit due to GS injuries. The league now has parody.

True, but they made a bigger deal out of these Warriors injuries than the Cavs in 2015. I take older Iggy, recovering Cousins and still strong Draymond over Dellie, Mozgov and Tristan Thompson 10 out of 10 times.

Golden State was the massive favorite this year for a reason - tons of top end talent and decent depth. Klay Thompson played 4.5 of 6 games. Durant played an amazing quarter. GS still had talent on the court.

To me, this series showed me just how good LeBron James has been. Curry disappeared again in the Finals. Toronto is a deep team full of good players and one elite guy. They battled for 4 wins even with the Warrior injuries. Last year, LeBron was out there beating this fully healthy GS team prior to the only foul call reversal in the history of the NBA in last year's game 1. You put LeBron in last years form on this Toronto team against a GS team with these injuries, and the Raptors sweep GS.

But overall, I think this result is good for the NBA. The Raptors won't get full credit due to GS injuries. The league now has parody.

Ya LeBron is awesome obviously. If he were healthy and in the East this season then maybe Toronto doesn't even make the finals.
But the whole thing about GS having 4 all stars plus a finals MVP isn't accurate.

Draymond was not an all star this year. Literally and statistically.
Cousins wasn't an all star. Literally and statistically. (And only averaged like 16 minutes per game)
Iggy averaged 5.7 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. Not exactly finals mvp'ish
Klay missed time due to injuries in multiple finals games.
Durant basically didn't play.
Looney got hurt and missed a chunk of time.

Not only do you miss guys due to injury but now you have to use lineups that aren't used to playing together

Then you have Toronto. They had the best player in the NBA on their team who was an all star and 2 time finals MVP.
Lowry was an actual all star this year and a veteran with tons of playoff experience.
Serge ibaka who averaged more points and rebounds this season than every other season if his career except one. Could argue that he had his best year of his career. Veteran with lots of playoff experience.
Danny green shot 46% from three this year and is a great defender. Veteran with loads of playoff experience.
Marc gasol. 44% from three this year. Veteran with tons of playoff experience.
Pascal siakim. Most improved player by a ton. Shot 55% from the field and 37% from three this season.
Fred vanfleet shot 38% from 3 this year.

Add in the fact that Toronto was better in the regular season.
All that tells me that Toronto should win the series pretty comfortably.

To me it was pretty awesome to see how much GS fought through adversity against the better team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya LeBron is awesome obviously. If he were healthy and in the East this season then maybe Toronto doesn't even make the finals.
But the whole thing about GS having 4 all stars plus a finals MVP isn't accurate.

Draymond was not an all star this year. Literally and statistically.
Cousins wasn't an all star. Literally and statistically. (And only averaged like 16 minutes per game)
Iggy averaged 5.7 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. Not exactly finals mvp'ish
Klay missed time due to injuries in multiple finals games.
Durant basically didn't play.
Looney got hurt and missed a chunk of time.

Not only do you miss guys due to injury but now you have to use lineups that aren't used to playing together

Then you have Toronto. They had the best player in the NBA on their team who was an all star and 2 time finals MVP.
Lowry was an actual all star this year and a veteran with tons of playoff experience.
Serge ibaka who averaged more points and rebounds this season than every other season if his career except one. Could argue that he had his best year of his career. Veteran with lots of playoff experience.
Danny green shot 46% from three this year and is a great defender. Veteran with loads of playoff experience.
Marc gasol. 44% from three this year. Veteran with tons of playoff experience.
Pascal siakim. Most improved player by a ton. Shot 55% from the field and 37% from three this season.
Fred vanfleet shot 38% from 3 this year.

Add in the fact that Toronto was better in the regular season.
All that tells me that Toronto should win the series pretty comfortably.

To me it was pretty awesome to see how much GS fought through adversity against the better team.

It was a 1 pt. game until Draymond puller a Chris Webber. So golden state lost by 1 pt basically. 1 pt. from forcing a game 7.

I have to admit I was wrong about Fred VanVleet - the guy still reverts back to "chucker status" from time to time; but he's got an overload of guts.

It was a 1 pt. game until Draymond puller a Chris Webber. So golden state lost by 1 pt basically. 1 pt. from forcing a game 7.
Exactly. That was my point
Golden State was impressive in that finals series with all the things they went through