What's new

Game Thread Nov 17, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns (Tournament)

Added to Calendar: 11-17-23

Quick 8-0 run by the Suns courtesy of THT and Sexton.
Ya that stretch was a killer. First half was pretty good from them and 2nd half was poop. George needed more than 29 minutes tonight.

Love the steal and the push by Keyonte handling behind his back.
It was an amazing steal and ball handling but he had lauri wide open in the corner for an easy three and didn't make the pass. Saw hardy talking to him about it at least. He will make that pass next time.

Only Will Hardy would be dumb enough to draw up a play for a contested 2 when we're down by 4 against a team with two elite FT shooters.
OMG this. So so dumb. You gotta get a three point shot. 2 points almost certainly does you no good. Then you are still down 2 and you foul a great free throw shooter (durant and booker are both around 90%) and odds are they make both and then you are still down 4 with less time on the clock. Gotta cut into the lead. Gotta go for 3. Almost seemed like going for 2 was trying to lose the game.

Don't blame Hardy for Lauri being weak..
He was blaming hardy for having a play for a 2. Even if lauri makes that shot we still lose.

Our offense doesn't score 125 with Walker
You act like this is walkers first season. We averaged like 118 a game last season. In order to average 118 we would have had to score 125 or more quite a few times.

Lauri’s rough night is still scoring 21 and guarding Durant on the other end. He is still the same monster from last season. He’s shooting it even better than last year too. He doesn’t look like he isn’t 100% though. Hasn’t looked fully healthy since the tough fall he took early in the season.
This. He is obviously hurting. Got that derrick favors gait

I can read. But Hardy should be able to trust His best player to make a play in a mid-post isolation play,
If his best player makes a play in a mid post isolation play it doesn't matter. 2 pointers wouldn't win the game in that situation.

Am I tripping or has Collins been our primary rim protector over Lauri since Walker has been out?
He has been cause who else could be? He has done a good job but he is still undersized and cant do it like kessler can.

When Kessler comes back Ochai is going to soak up all the Tec Minutes and some of either THT's or Sexton's minutes as well. Right now I'd be leaning THT's minutes.

Keyonte and Clarkson are locked in permanently. Probably for the next couple of years.

I think you always need to have one of Kessler or Ochai on the floor at all times, and when you have both, George is going to need to be in there too.

Not sure we can play THT and Kessler together.
Good post.

If we beat the lakers can we still get out of the group stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good question. I think so

This was the best loss of the season.. which is a small confort. KD was cooking and the whole Suns team shot amazing.

I'm sort of worried about Lauri's finishing in and around the paint. He used to finish through fouls better than he has this year and has missed some touch shots he usually makes pretty automatically. Also hasnt gotten his trademark aggressive dunks. Is he slightly hurt or just lacking touch?

Clarkson with another great game. Dude really thrives playing next to George. It was visible at the end of 3rd when he played with Sexton and THT instead. That was an absolute disaster stretch for the entire team in terms of generated shot quality, including JC personally.

George has an amazing feel for the game and ability to control the pace. I'm sure he had another 10+ potential assists. Man I am thrilled about his upside.

Ochai again ups the ante with his best game of the season. Thats 3 in a row where he looked better and more comfortable each night. Started just when I called him out lol.

We really miss Kessler. The overcollapsing defense is leaving great shooters wide open. Cannot drop to help if you got KD in the corner. Just accept you got beat and let them take the 2.
Ochai, collins, and Keyonte are really playing above my expectations. Really fun to watch them each really figure everything out. I still think we make the playoffs this season if we stay mostly healthy.

Not sure KO's name ever came up in this entire thread (I know i never mentioned him) but looking at the box score he had a really nice game. 3-4 from the field (1-2 from three), 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 turnover in 20 minutes.