What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Game Thread Nov 22, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-22-21

The Thriller

I think I’m still stuck in Stock/Malone era … but I can’t get my head around having a PF like bogey who doesn’t play defence or rebound … or if you want to say Oneal is the PF , he is just to under sized to go with the 2 under sized guards … but hey , Rudy can you fix all our mess up

I’d love Barnes and I’d say he is available, him or Grant …
Grant would be a dream. You get Mitchell, Grant, and Gobert together and we aren’t talking about one championship, but multiple.

Although, I don’t see why detroit would give us grant without demanding either Mitchell or Gobert.

The Thriller

I mean Adams doesn't suck either. Their only real liability is Morant.

Bane is pretty average, T-rex arms and all. He is fine for what he has got and makes up for it on offense.

Jackson seems to have improved but he is still inconsistent. Fouls a lot and is lost sometimes.

There is something off with Anderson. He sucks this year.
Good points.

jazfan23

Grant would be a dream. You get Mitchell, Grant, and Gobert together and we aren’t talking about one championship, but multiple.

Although, I don’t see why detroit would give us grant without demanding either Mitchell or Gobert.

I don’t think Grant would cost us that much outside of bogey … Detroit are ready to hand the keys over to the rookie …

I love grants length , ability to play multiple positions , hit the 3 , run the floor and give us some athleticism

Barnes would be just as good

The Thriller

I don’t think Grant would cost us that much outside of bogey … Detroit are ready to hand the keys over to the rookie …

I love grants length , ability to play multiple positions , hit the 3 , run the floor and give us some athleticism

Barnes would be just as good
If true, then one of those two needs to be the move. Like now. Especially grant. I love his size, athleticism, and defensive potential. I’d gladly sacrifice Bogey, Clarkson, and one of my kidneys for him.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
One thing that’s perplexing to me about Grant is that he rebounds worse than Bojan. I’m not joking. Bojan 5.1 rebounds per 36 and Grant 4.7.

jazfan23

One thing that’s perplexing to me about Grant is that he rebounds worse than Bojan. I’m not joking. Bojan 5.1 rebounds per 36 and Grant 4.7.
Don’t ask me why but I watch piston games … I’m not sure if it’s by choice but he does a lot of running up and down and stands in the corner … then Detroit miss a million shots and decide to get him involved, which is usually to late .

Even more so now with the rookie … he can be to passive , I don’t think it’s him , I think he is doing want the coach wants .

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I don't really think so but I would like to hear why. It seems to me he is putting more effort in isos but he has terrible understanding of distance and his exaggerated movements around screens causes him to be late in almost every action.
I mean it’s fairly obvious. He’s doubled his steals this year. He’s getting his hands on the ball a lot more. He’s overall more committed. He was bad last year and now I think he’s solid on that end most of the time. He’s not getting beat as often or as badly and has had less brain fart moments off ball where his guys walks into an offensive rebound or back door layup. It still happens but he had nights last year where he was atrocious and I haven’t seen that this year.

Agent#00

we really need a long athletic guy in the starting lineup not in the bench unit. look at cavs they surrounded their undersized guards with 7 footers maybe we can snatch somebody there. seems like we always trade with them

SoberasHotRod

I missed the second half of this game so just watched it.

- Bogey was amazing, we probably should have fed the hot hand at the end there.
- Mitchell subbed back in during the 4th quarter and looked a little bored, it was kind of weird. He had zero intensity.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
When's the last time he's had a massive dunk? This may sound stupid but i think he may have lost a bit of his athleticism somehow.
He has put on a lot of muscle. That tends to be the tradeoff for agility. Add weight that way and you get a lot stronger, which is central to his game, but you lose a bit in footspeed. And we see that. No more spin moves really, no high-flying dunks. Doesn't finish as well around the rim. But he can really take contact. I know he also said he chose to do less dunks to conserve his body so he can play longer. I think he said that was advice from D Wade.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I missed the second half of this game so just watched it.

- Bogey was amazing, we probably should have fed the hot hand at the end there.
- Mitchell subbed back in during the 4th quarter and looked a little bored, it was kind of weird. He had zero intensity.
Imo Mitchell cost us the game. We were doing well, then he subbed in and everything kind of went stagnant.