What's new

Game Thread Nov 22, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-22-21

sure Ja is elite but fyi before this game they lost to timberwolves by 43 points and had a 90 minute locker room meeting.so obviously jazz is redemption game for them and probably their best one. despite all the issues we almost won this game. if we did they might even fire their coach lol. theres a reason why we are 3rd and they are 9th in the west. its just 1 game we are going to be fine.
I dunno, they seemed to give us fits last year too. And they weren’t even at full strength yesterday.

I was being sarcastic. There has been much talk about Butler not getting a chance to show what he can do. He's the only high-level champion on our roster if I'm not mistaken. You don't lead your team to a championship then get benched for Trent ****ing Forrest.
Sorry, my sarcasm meter is broken.

And I’m frustrated with our team. We’re so close to really doing something special but still so far. I really wish we had drafted Bane or McDaniels instead of ****ing Doka and Hughes. Complete losers who’ll be out of the league in another year or two while Bane is a pain in our *** for years.

Memphis isn't really good defensively. They have been struggling on that end for a while this season. They have the worst defensive rating so far this season.

Bad offensive games happen though. It's just part of basketball and it's just small sample size for Mitchell right now.
Those two aren’t bad at defense. Their team defense might suck but jackson, Bane, and anderson don’t suck. Maybe that’s similar to us? we have 3 horrific defenders in our starting lineup yet aren’t bad defensively as a team due to Royce and Rudy.

Last edited:
I think I’m still stuck in Stock/Malone era … but I can’t get my head around having a PF like bogey who doesn’t play defence or rebound … or if you want to say Oneal is the PF , he is just to under sized to go with the 2 under sized guards … but hey , Rudy can you fix all our mess up

I’d love Barnes and I’d say he is available, him or Grant …

His decision-making and conscious effort to be more efficient seem to have improved a little. He's not making the same explosive one-on-one moves though. I get a vibe from him like he doesn't care that much.
When's the last time he's had a massive dunk? This may sound stupid but i think he may have lost a bit of his athleticism somehow.

Those two aren’t bad at defense. Their team defense might suck but jackson, Bane, and anderson don’t suck. Just like we have 3 horrific defenders in our starting lineup yet aren’t bad defensively as a team due to Royce and Rudy.
I mean Adams doesn't suck either. Their only real liability is Morant.

Bane is pretty average, T-rex arms and all. He is fine for what he has got and makes up for it on offense.

Jackson seems to have improved but he is still inconsistent. Fouls a lot and is lost sometimes.

There is something off with Anderson. He sucks this year.

I think I’m still stuck in Stock/Malone era … but I can’t get my head around having a PF like bogey who doesn’t play defence or rebound … or if you want to say Oneal is the PF , he is just to under sized to go with the 2 under sized guards … but hey , Rudy can you fix all our mess up

I’d love Barnes and I’d say he is available, him or Grant …
Grant would be a dream. You get Mitchell, Grant, and Gobert together and we aren’t talking about one championship, but multiple.

Although, I don’t see why detroit would give us grant without demanding either Mitchell or Gobert.

I mean Adams doesn't suck either. Their only real liability is Morant.

Bane is pretty average, T-rex arms and all. He is fine for what he has got and makes up for it on offense.

Jackson seems to have improved but he is still inconsistent. Fouls a lot and is lost sometimes.

There is something off with Anderson. He sucks this year.
Good points.

Grant would be a dream. You get Mitchell, Grant, and Gobert together and we aren’t talking about one championship, but multiple.

Although, I don’t see why detroit would give us grant without demanding either Mitchell or Gobert.

I don’t think Grant would cost us that much outside of bogey … Detroit are ready to hand the keys over to the rookie …

I love grants length , ability to play multiple positions , hit the 3 , run the floor and give us some athleticism

Barnes would be just as good

I don’t think Grant would cost us that much outside of bogey … Detroit are ready to hand the keys over to the rookie …

I love grants length , ability to play multiple positions , hit the 3 , run the floor and give us some athleticism

Barnes would be just as good
If true, then one of those two needs to be the move. Like now. Especially grant. I love his size, athleticism, and defensive potential. I’d gladly sacrifice Bogey, Clarkson, and one of my kidneys for him.

One thing that’s perplexing to me about Grant is that he rebounds worse than Bojan. I’m not joking. Bojan 5.1 rebounds per 36 and Grant 4.7.

One thing that’s perplexing to me about Grant is that he rebounds worse than Bojan. I’m not joking. Bojan 5.1 rebounds per 36 and Grant 4.7.
Don’t ask me why but I watch piston games … I’m not sure if it’s by choice but he does a lot of running up and down and stands in the corner … then Detroit miss a million shots and decide to get him involved, which is usually to late .

Even more so now with the rookie … he can be to passive , I don’t think it’s him , I think he is doing want the coach wants .

I don't really think so but I would like to hear why. It seems to me he is putting more effort in isos but he has terrible understanding of distance and his exaggerated movements around screens causes him to be late in almost every action.
I mean it’s fairly obvious. He’s doubled his steals this year. He’s getting his hands on the ball a lot more. He’s overall more committed. He was bad last year and now I think he’s solid on that end most of the time. He’s not getting beat as often or as badly and has had less brain fart moments off ball where his guys walks into an offensive rebound or back door layup. It still happens but he had nights last year where he was atrocious and I haven’t seen that this year.

I think he’s good but slightly over-rated.

we really need a long athletic guy in the starting lineup not in the bench unit. look at cavs they surrounded their undersized guards with 7 footers maybe we can snatch somebody there. seems like we always trade with them

I missed the second half of this game so just watched it.

- Bogey was amazing, we probably should have fed the hot hand at the end there.
- Mitchell subbed back in during the 4th quarter and looked a little bored, it was kind of weird. He had zero intensity.

When's the last time he's had a massive dunk? This may sound stupid but i think he may have lost a bit of his athleticism somehow.
He has put on a lot of muscle. That tends to be the tradeoff for agility. Add weight that way and you get a lot stronger, which is central to his game, but you lose a bit in footspeed. And we see that. No more spin moves really, no high-flying dunks. Doesn't finish as well around the rim. But he can really take contact. I know he also said he chose to do less dunks to conserve his body so he can play longer. I think he said that was advice from D Wade.

I missed the second half of this game so just watched it.

- Bogey was amazing, we probably should have fed the hot hand at the end there.
- Mitchell subbed back in during the 4th quarter and looked a little bored, it was kind of weird. He had zero intensity.
Imo Mitchell cost us the game. We were doing well, then he subbed in and everything kind of went stagnant.