What's new

Game Thread Nov 26, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Suns

Added to Calendar: 11-26-22

Will Hardy post game: "We did not rebound well at all and did not execute well defensively down the stretch at all".

Damn, who could have predicted attacking Olynyk relentlessly down the stretch would have resulted in bad defense and bad rebounding?
Also crazy that him knowing they weren't rebounding well he bet on the Jazz being able to secure a rebound in a last second opportunity instead of fouling

What was our last lead with about 8 minutes left? It's like we couldn't get a stop or a rebound. We might as well have lost by 45. I don't know why either Dok doesn't get a run or they let Potter play some. This game was just frustrating.
Why would you think of those guys over Kessler.

He better do something cause our rebounding down the stretch is what sealed it.
Ya but our interior defense and rebounding has been killing for most of the season and he hasn't made a change yet so I dont think he is going to. Maybe they are trying to raise KO trade value to trade him.

Honestly, hitting a game winner with 0.8 seconds left seems a lot more probable than the Jazz getting a clean rebound with Olynyk inside.

From the 9:57 mark (when Kessler checked out) to the 0:58 mark, the Jazz got one defensive rebound.

The Suns got 8 offensive rebounds in that span.

Good job Hardy.
OMG I didn't think it was THAT bad. That is elite suckiness on the glass. Like holy ****.

Seriously we could have fouled Payne. He’s not a bad FT shooter he’s around 80% but it’s better than Booker for sure.
Could have fouled bridges too. I dont know what his free throw percentage is but I doubt its as good as booker either. Could have fouled bridges first and didn't. Then he passed to Payne and we chose not to foul again. smd.

OMG I didn't think it was THAT bad. That is elite suckiness on the glass. Like holy ****.
You know what's really crazy? I was wrong.

The Jazz got "ZERO" defensive rebounds in that span. The one stop they got was when the ball when out of bounds on the Suns and the Suns challenged it and lost. It's credited on the play-by-play as a "Jazz defensive team rebound", but it isn't actually that.

Lauri and KO are not big or bulky enough to stop Ayton, they were just exhausting themselves which hurts their offensive game also.
Yep. This is why I think coaches should make some adjustments on a game by game basis on occassion. Plus both KO and Lauri played big minutes last night. Tonight might have been a good time to play kessler more and maybe even Dok.