What's new

Game Thread Nov 27, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 11-27-21

I think the Jazz's main problem is that our guards are small and lack physicality. If the Jazz started a lineup with Mitchell/Royce/Bojan/Gay/Gobert, we'd be better defensively.

Jazz ought to consider bringing Conley off the bench, simply to avoid being too small and soft on the perimeter.

I think the Jazz's main problem is that our guards are small and lack physicality. If the Jazz started a lineup with Mitchell/Royce/Bojan/Gay/Gobert, we'd be better defensively.

Jazz ought to consider bringing Conley off the bench, simply to avoid being too small and soft on the perimeter.
Should have been doing this all along imo.

Several of us have been advocating for this since Conley's first season with us. Only I want to see Ingles in the starting lineup. Need 2 ball handlers.

The Jazz's backcourt is small with Conley and Mitchell. Mitchell is often forced to guard bigger players, while Conley I think is not exerting himself as much right now in order to avoid injury. The result is that big guards keep going off for season highs against the Jazz. Whether it's Desmond Bane, Lu Dort or Tyler Herro, they can just get a clean look over the top of our perimeter defense.

I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that Trent Forrest keeps having solid +/- performances in very limited minutes. He's a good positional defender with some size.

A brilliant trade for the Jazz would be to bring in Dejounte Murray if that were possible.

The Jazz's backcourt is small with Conley and Mitchell. Mitchell is often forced to guard bigger players, while Conley I think is not exerting himself as much right now in order to avoid injury. The result is that big guards keep going off for season highs against the Jazz. Whether it's Desmond Bane, Lu Dort or Tyler Herro, they can just get a clean look over the top of our perimeter defense.

I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that Trent Forrest keeps having solid +/- performances in very limited minutes. He's a good positional defender with some size.
Only four words: Kris ****ing Dunn.

Jazz will come out strong, build a 25 point lead in the first half, then completely blows it in the second half. Donovan has a chance to win it at the buzzer but his fade-away 50 footer goes in and out.

Jazz will come out strong, build a 25 point lead in the first half, then completely blows it in the second half. Donovan has a chance to win it at the buzzer but his fade-away 50 footer goes in and out.
Dribbles off his leg trying to split two defenders while three other guys are open.

This is the text from Tony Jones
Thanks. Im glad that they recognize the slump and are worried enough to do everything possible to stop it. Even thought the regular season doesn't matter. Thats a good sign I think.

Royce is out. That sucks I picked him up for fantasy.

I wonder who gets the start. Gay or Ingles. Should be Gay.