What's new

Obama = Nero

PearlWatson

At least that is what my thinkers say.

Obama%2Bfiddled.jpg

3384975625_9147cf27ce.jpg

nero-01-1.jpg

I frequently post and read another board. And while I am by no means a conservative, there are some conservative thinkers there who will occasionally post a thoughtful anecdote, an insightful column, or a tidbit of significant history; things that make me think in a new way. It's refreshing and intelligent and gives me hope for America.

This? This is the barely-mental masturbation of a blithering jackass.

Nero played a lyre most likely, not a violin or fiddle. I like that some of your pictures actually depict a lyre rather than a violin

Nero.jpg

I'll bite.

As much hysteria as Glenn Beck spews, his Cloward and Pivens idea is pretty appealing. This debt escalation isn't exactly child's play, and will hit the point of no return if kept up. Oil prices rise too high and we'll be rolling in the sty.

Then again, if Nero wanted to play his fiddle then it would have been easy enough to started a trade war as opposed to being overly pragmatic and walking on egg shells in defiance of his party line. ****ing A, neighbor, maybe this guy isn't anti-American after all. ****ING A.

Us "learned fools"...

I frequently post and read another board. And while I am by no means a conservative, there are some conservative thinkers there who will occasionally post a thoughtful anecdote, an insightful column, or a tidbit of significant history; things that make me think in a new way. It's refreshing and intelligent and gives me hope for America.

This? This is the barely-mental masturbation of a blithering jackass.

Why are you so mad at the messenger.?

My thinkers say: Nero had nothing on Obama when it comes to partying while his nation is in crisis.

Also Obama=Carter on foreign policy leadership.

It is a pretty depressing time.

I'll bite.

As much hysteria as Glenn Beck spews, his Cloward and Pivens idea is pretty appealing. This debt escalation isn't exactly child's play, and will hit the point of no return if kept up. Oil prices rise too high and we'll be rolling in the sty.

Then again, if Nero wanted to play his fiddle then it would have been easy enough to started a trade war as opposed to being overly pragmatic and walking on egg shells in defiance of his party line. ****ing A, neighbor, maybe this guy isn't anti-American after all. ****ING A.

Us "learned fools"...

I liked how you started but the finish got a little rabid.

How come I'm not one of your "thinkers"? Damn, I wasted my education by not studying how to draw cartoons.

Actually, Our President can be no better than his backers/managers. . . . the little clique of big campaign financiers and their "think tanks". It's not Obama's fault, it's because the "think tanks" have tanked.

Personally, I think Caligula was a worse emperor. Not sure why Nero gets talked about so much. Tiberius and Caligula... Not so cool dudes...

Personally, I think Caligula was a worse emperor. Not sure why Nero gets talked about so much. Tiberius and Caligula... Not so cool dudes...

I don't think Nero comes up in terms of worst emperor, rather just for what he famously supposedly did, which is to play the lyre while Rome burned. The story is obviously more convoluted than that, but that is the gist of it, and it is debatable if it really went down that way at all.

But Caligula? Come on, he was a party animal. In fact he did party with animals. Farm animals. Ok now I feel dirty.

I don't think Nero comes up in terms of worst emperor, rather just for what he famously supposedly did, which is to play the lyre while Rome burned. The story is obviously more convoluted than that, but that is the gist of it, and it is debatable if it really went down that way at all.

But Caligula? Come on, he was a party animal. In fact he did party with animals. Farm animals. Ok now I feel dirty.

True. So if we're not sure what he was even doing during while Rome burned, why are we comparing him somehow to Obama? I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. Was Washington DC on fire? Could the DC fire dept not mobilize without Obama's order?

Could the Rome fire brigade not mobilize without Nero's order? Pretty sure they were state owned (previously they were privatized). I doubt every time Rome had a fire Nero had to give the order to put it out. People forget, Rome had a number of "smaller" localized leaders that made big decisions too.

I'm just trying to figure out what this thread is about.