What's new

Ochai is Him

Well I took him as my avatar not only because he is a handsome mf... but also because I really believe in him. The #1 thing I look for in any rookie is if they show progress during the year and how much they improve with the opportunities they get. Ochai gets a great grade in that perspective.

I dont know what his ceiling could be. He has surprising amout of similarities with Lauri in terms of being a very aggressive decisionmaker who doesnt dribble in place but either shoots, passes or attacks the rim directly. Also doesnt stop at mid-range.... like ever. So 3&D&D. Maybe he can become like a rich man's OG at best, with a slightly shorter frame but ability to defend PoA well and score with more versatility than the other OA.

We are so blessed to have Kessler who essentially looked like starter quality out of the gate and now Ochai is also looking very much like another potential starter who thrives without dominating the flow of the game. I mean Lauri and Ochai are both just perfect for the system Hardy is running. They create space and use it without hesitation.

I like him… I hate the corny planned “oh my Ochai” thing our announcers do.

Still not sure how good he can be but the shot is real nice… I wish the defense was better.

I like him… I hate the corny planned “oh my Ochai” thing our announcers do.

Still not sure how good he can be but the shot is real nice… I wish the defense was better.
I think the defense will come around. He has effort and fight on that end just hasnt figured out how to stay with NBA guards yet. Wasnt he a great defender in college?

Ya I been saying this for a long long time.
agreed.

I think the D has been pretty damn good tbh
I don’t… he doesn’t get into guys at all… I’m not sure that improves or it’s something guys just have… I’m glad Dunn is here… he may be able to help him.

He needs to have more confidence in his foot speed and play up on his man on the perimeter a bit more. He leaves too much room on step backs, but rarely gets beat to the rim
The blocks are nice but so much this. Giving space may work in college but he will get lit up doing this in the nba. He wasn’t really a lock down guy in college. I think he projects as more average in defense so it’s nice there may be more than just shooting on offense. I like him a lot… don’t get me wrong. If the defense doesn’t get really good then he may not be Him.

He needs to have more confidence in his foot speed and play up on his man on the perimeter a bit more. He leaves too much room on step backs, but rarely gets beat to the rim
Yeah and thats the NBA guard part I was talking about. I dont think he left that much cushion to guys in college and even if he did, stepback 3s arent really a thing there.

Once he learns to direct traffic with his hips and feet towards the help defense, he will go closer to their skin and give less of those semi-open looks. I think most of it is about confidence in himself and his teammates. He needs to realize he isn't on an island defending those guys and needs to respect their talent less.

I like him… I hate the corny planned “INSERT CORNY PLANNED THING” thing our announcers do, all the damn time.

FTFY

Seriously I like Thurl, but not sure how many more times I can take hearing him tell us how much he sees someone. He sees everybody. I get it, your eyes function as intended, you see these people, all the damn time, you don't have to tell us every time you see them make a great play.

That "I see you" thing is so overplayed. It is this era's "not"....and I really like it...NOT!