What's new

Game Thread Oct 22, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-22-21

Missed most the game - at a wedding.

Caught the last seven minutes - looks like that was the only part worth watching.

I need to look into that option.
There were maybe 3 times it had minor hiccups last night. But they resolved quickly. I think Amazon is one of the worst streaming platforms for reliability of the stream, at least in my experience, but the NBALP comes through pretty well.

Westbrick, Melo, Dwight, AD, rondo, Lebron. Good freaking luck with that team chemistry. The Sixers should just give them Simmons for the sheer entertainment of watching the Los Angeles Lakers spontaneously combust.
Lol that would be awesome

That was a quality win, braughs. They played the blueprint of a game that has caused us real problems over the last couple of years: very aggressive defense on our ball handlers, and efficient midrange sniping. And we lost Joe early on. And it was their home opener.

I’m encouraged.
They even hit us with the kryptonite. Small ball. Barnes was their center for a bit

Westbrick, Melo, Dwight, AD, rondo, Lebron. Good freaking luck with that team chemistry. The Sixers should just give them Simmons for the sheer entertainment of watching the Los Angeles Lakers spontaneously combust.
That is a freaking brilliant comment!

I noticed during shootaround at Halftime Rudy was having a talk with Hassan at the free throw line. Possibly giving him advice. The bond between these two is meshing very, very well. Gobert was the first to reach out to Hassan when he signed here, and they apparently are hanging out a lot during their downtime. I'm lovin It! There was a sequence when Rudy made a big play Whiteside was the first one celebrating off the bench. Then when Whiteside got an offensive board and got the putback Gobert was on the bench flexing. If Gobert motivates Whiteside to get back to his 2015 form we will be a very hard team to stop come playoff time. That's like having Bill Russell Jr with Wilt Jr. backing him up.

I was very happy with Whiteside. Playing Forrest over Butler was probably the right short term decision, but not long term. I normally watch games with the sound off, but saw the comments about Holly Rowe and decided to listen to the second half. I thought she was fine, Boler on the other hand... I'll go back to watching with no sound.

I noticed during shootaround at Halftime Rudy was having a talk with Hassan at the free throw line. Possibly giving him advice. The bond between these two is meshing very, very well. Gobert was the first to reach out to Hassan when he signed here, and they apparently are hanging out a lot during their downtime. I'm lovin It! There was a sequence when Rudy made a big play Whiteside was the first one celebrating off the bench. Then when Whiteside got an offensive board and got the putback Gobert was on the bench flexing. If Gobert motivates Whiteside to get back to his 2015 form we will be a very hard team to stop come playoff time. That's like having Bill Russell Jr with Wilt Jr. backing him up.
Good post. I think watching Gobert in a nightly basis and picking his brain could be the best career decision of Whiteside's life.

Good post. I think watching Gobert in a nightly basis and picking his brain could be the best career decision of Whiteside's life.
Absolutely. We are going to need him to be the anchor on b2bs, so if he can replicate Rudys defensive effort in any sort of way when Gobert is having an off night, or tired it could be the deciding factor on 5-10 extra wins on the season.