What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

Everyone’s forgotten LiAngelo.
Here’s a history of the Balls in SLC:

I don't think it's very clear what the pivot will be, but my best guess is something very similar to what we've seen. Add some cheap rotation players, see how the team looks, move players at the deadline in order to tank.

FWIW, I'm kind of ok with this IF they at least try and round out the team with come complementary players and try to remove some of the redundancy.

FWIW, I'm kind of ok with this IF they at least try and round out the team with come complementary players and try to remove some of the redundancy.
I'm not a fan of the continually waiting until the trade deadline. I would at least like to see them move Clarkson. For clarity i would also like to see them move one of Collins or Kessler. I think until John is moved he will start.

The run it back option without the JCs is the best middle ground imo as it allows the younger players to get more run. I'd move one of:

-Sexton or Clarkson
-Kessler or Collins

If offers were rich for Sexton and Kessler maybe you cash in... but the preferred route is to send out the JCs and go from there.

I'm not a fan of the continually waiting until the trade deadline. I would at least like to see them move Clarkson. For clarity i would also like to see them move one of Collins or Kessler. I think until John is moved he will start.

The run it back option without the JCs is the best middle ground imo as it allows the younger players to get more run. I'd move one of:

-Sexton or Clarkson
-Kessler or Collins

If offers were rich for Sexton and Kessler maybe you cash in... but the preferred route is to send out the JCs and go from there.
I agree except for Sexton. Sexton has to stay to provide a level of intensity to the team and work ethic for the young guys. His contract is good too. Clarkson must go and at least one of Collins or Kessler.

I agree except for Sexton. Sexton has to stay to provide a level of intensity to the team and work ethic for the young guys. His contract is good too. Clarkson must go and at least one of Collins or Kessler.
It just depends on price. I think JC is close to neutral value. Sexton clearly positive so he could get a decent offer. If we aren't winning anything the next couple years Sexton's deal doesn't benefit us a ton. I'd love to have him around of course.

-Sexton or Clarkson
-Kessler or Collins

I think Clarkson is the only we "must" trade. He's not good for any purpose. Doesn't help you win, takes playing time away if you're not trying to win, and doesn't have much upside trade value wise.

Collins has potential to be the big man version of Sexton. I think there is more of a market for offense focused tweeners that are guards instead of offense focused tweener bigs...but Collins is still youngish and could have high/efficient raw statistical production. IMO, the pairing that we would trade together is Sexton+Collins. That will give you the tank+Lauri scenario. So I see those two in the same boat. Clarkson is more of a must trade and Kessler is kind of the opposite of Clarkson where he can fit any path but for some reason the FO/Hardy does not like him.

I'm puzzled with the last four games the Jazz played and the lineups utilized. Were they just doing a solid for THT, Luka and Kira Lewis to give themselves some tape for other teams or overseas? Or did Ainge have something else in mind by trading the core for something and backfilling with these three? All three are relatively young and I must admit did not do badly in these games.

I think Clarkson is the only we "must" trade. He's not good for any purpose. Doesn't help you win, takes playing time away if you're not trying to win, and doesn't have much upside trade value wise.

Collins has potential to be the big man version of Sexton. I think there is more of a market for offense focused tweeners that are guards instead of offense focused tweener bigs...but Collins is still youngish and could have high/efficient raw statistical production. IMO, the pairing that we would trade together is Sexton+Collins. That will give you the tank+Lauri scenario. So I see those two in the same boat. Clarkson is more of a must trade and Kessler is kind of the opposite of Clarkson where he can fit any path but for some reason the FO/Hardy does not like him.
If we are going the pump up Collins trade value then I think you continue starting him at center and feed him more PnR possessions. That means Walker gets pushed to the side a little. I honestly don't think Collins can have his trade value increase all that much. The on/off stuff was really bad but his individual season was a big improvement over his last year in Atlanta. He may increase his value but not by a lot. I just think JC/Sexton and John/Kessler are the pairings that aren't super simpatico so you move one from each group if the offers are good enough.

If we are going the pump up Collins trade value then I think you continue starting him at center and feed him more PnR possessions. That means Walker gets pushed to the side a little. I honestly don't think Collins can have his trade value increase all that much. The on/off stuff was really bad but his individual season was a big improvement over his last year in Atlanta. He may increase his value but not by a lot. I just think JC/Sexton and John/Kessler are the pairings that aren't super simpatico so you move one from each group if the offers are good enough.
But but Collins was "free."

Here’s a history of the Balls in SLC:

Infection, this is f--king hilarious! Outstanding work!

I'm puzzled with the last four games the Jazz played and the lineups utilized. Were they just doing a solid for THT, Luka and Kira Lewis to give themselves some tape for other teams or overseas? Or did Ainge have something else in mind by trading the core for something and backfilling with these three? All three are relatively young and I must admit did not do badly in these games.

They were trying to lose.

Just thinking of a couple potential John Collins trade ideas revolved around the draft. Let me know what you think:

John Collins + 10 to San Antonio for Zach Collins + 8

John Collins + 10 + 29 to Detroit for 5
I wonder how the Pistons view Isiah Stewart now that their is a new front office. I wonder if a more palatable deal would be Collins for Stewart with the 10/5 swap. Just a thought.

rgkt97lrne2d1.jpeg

Back