What's new

Official FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
It'd be hard for me to root for Germany after what they did to Turkey in 2008.
Ahh, you didn't have to remind that ;)

Though, it's more like for Mesut Ozil anyway, I just like his futbol. :)

95% of my friends cheer for Germany and it drives me bonkers.

I think I hate like 90% of every soccer nation-team.

The only way I see Brazil losing this World Cup is if Neymar gets injured before or during the world cup, we're a pretty normal team without him and a really good team with him on the team.

Enjoy! He is like John Stockton of football when it comes to passing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftu3OFoSAVs

Yeah the Laudrup move. One of the best names of that rich Denmark squad with the keeper and the captain legendary Manchester United keeper Peter Schmeichel. I remember looking at their sticker photos in my Euro 96 sticker book and realizing how not look alike Brian and Michael Laudrup were. I was like, "are they even related?"

That trick move of his became a signature in Fifa 98 RTWC (the best football game ever to face the light of day). When you pressed ALT you could do it if I recall correctly. Good times.

Duuudeee!!!!

OK now the bad memories are back.

But those are good bad memories. Because we were good. Now we do not have a system even when we are using a freekick. Like that one against Amerigo.

Now, we still have really talented players, youth development, it's and always will be the major sports in Turkey anyway, and I hope some day soon we will gather ourselves up and get rid of the things that bothers and weakens our social status and stand strong once again.

[FUN FACT] ....

Did you know that there were referees that used to enter the court with a pistol in their back?

Try objecting to this ref too!

(not so much fun fact for the players for sure.)

Haha, Rossi fails to make another WC squad with Italy again.

You should have joined the US, like the German/American kid did and got his ticket punched. You would have been the man here, and may have gone to 4-5 World Cups. Too bad you're just an afterthought in Italy.

Haha, Rossi fails to make another WC squad with Italy again.

You should have joined the US, like the German/American kid did and got his ticket punched. You would have been the man here, and may have gone to 4-5 World Cups. Too bad you're just an afterthought in Italy.

I agree...

But man if you had a chance to play for Italy... second in World Cups you do it!!

I was talking to Pops and he was really upset regarding the absence of Peru from any sort of qualifying match for the world cup. He spoke of corruption.

Ribery out for the entire World Cup with an injured back.

Why the **** do I even bother watching sports.

Not true. MLS attendances are actually higher than NBA and NHL FYI. And league is only 19 years old compared to major 4 leagues.

indoor capacities ~20k, outdoor capacities 50k+. Also # of games is different.

I predict France will be good... They are good every other World Cup.... And they fell apart in 2010

Well if you knew what I knew about Harry Potter's injury, you wouldn't say that :p

Is anyone else rooting for goals like me or am i the only one who thinks its exciting when goals are scored?

I'm rooting usually for great games where it's less about unforced errors in the midfield than running fast paced offense and produce multiple attempts.

Don't really care about goals, but I like to see a lot of shots on goal.

That's what Aaron Gordon says...

(Sorry had to)

empty line

At least there was television outage :p

I love Özil too. And Reus. That's about it though. Rest of the team can go punch rocks.

Reus is out...(Syndesmosis rupture)
Injury bug hitting hard this year. Adding insult to injury coach's favorite Podolski has earned himself a starter spot by providing a late surge to overcome Armenia last night....

95% of my friends cheer for Germany and it drives me bonkers.

I think I hate like 90% of every soccer nation-team.

95% of your friends seem to be very likable people.

The only way I see Brazil losing this World Cup is if Neymar gets injured before or during the world cup, we're a pretty normal team without him and a really good team with him on the team.

I really hope Brazil meets Spain in the round of 16. Then Pepe wrecks havoc on Ramos. Both suffer career ending injuries. Would be great justice considering the amount of red cards both players deserve but weren't given due to Real Madrid referee bonus...

Duuudeee!!!!

OK now the bad memories are back.

But those are good bad memories. Because we were good. Now we do not have a system even when we are using a freekick. Like that one against Amerigo.

Now, we still have really talented players, youth development, it's and always will be the major sports in Turkey anyway, and I hope some day soon we will gather ourselves up and get rid of the things that bothers and weakens our social status and stand strong once again.

I honestly doubt that Turkey is coming back to relevance anytime soon. There's so many wrong things about the way the national team operates.

The team spends more money on going after German talents with Turkish family background than nurturing their own crop...
At least they only end up with the 2nd tier.