What's new

***Official new head coach search thread*** (merged)

Probably..... usually fans want crappy coaches gone.

What is your point doe?

My point is obvious, the grass is not always greener. So if the Jazz hire Boylen who it seems like everyone hates even before he coaches one game then how is the situation any better.

My point is obvious, the grass is not always greener. So if the Jazz hire Boylen who it seems like everyone hates even before he coaches one game then how is the situation any better.

Its not any better.

We were not wanting corbin gone because we wanted the jazz to hire another coach that we dont like.

We wanted corbin gone cause he sucked and we hoped that the jazz would hire someone that we would be excited about.
And i still think they will....... this boylen crap is a smokescreen. (I hope)

New York Knicks are trying to complete a deal with TNT's Steve Kerr that would install him as their new coach after the first round of the playoffs, according to sources with knowledge of the talks. ESPN.com

New York Knicks are trying to complete a deal with TNT's Steve Kerr that would install him as their new coach after the first round of the playoffs, according to sources with knowledge of the talks. ESPN.com

Looks like Phil Jackson is trying out this coaching-by-proxy method, following the lead of Pat Riley may be?

That would be great though - 1 less team to compete with.

This is a strange philosophy btw.

So what we should have done is just be like "corbin sucks really bad but there is a chance that the jazz could find someone even worse, so lets just stick with him"

Wanting corbin gone was the right thing for jazz fans to do. If the jazz hire boylen and he turns out to be a bad coach then we should want him gone too.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side basically equates to: No matter how much something sucks, never make a change because things could always be worse.

I dont live that way

Its not any better.

We were not wanting corbin gone because we wanted the jazz to hire another coach that we dont like.

We wanted corbin gone cause he sucked and we hoped that the jazz would hire someone that we would be excited about.
And i still think they will....... this boylen crap is a smokescreen. (I hope)

Of course you want the Jazz to hire a better coach but that isn't a guarantee so I guess you forgot that the Jazz promoted Corbin. I like most fans want them to hire a better coach and with DL I expect him to do so but it still leaves open the possibility that the next Jazz coach might suck too. See the Lakers for instances: Mike Brown out.. everyone wanted Phil Jackson.. they select D'Antoni and the Lakers still sucked. So sometimes you wish for change and nothing changes or it gets worse.

So Tom Thibodeau might be looking for a job soon, I've heard that him and their FO aren't jiving to well.

Good, he's not one of the coaches I wanted.

CHI has to be really stupid to let him go though....

Yeah, but if there really is friction and a team in the West offered them an unprotected 2016 pick for him, I think they'd at least consider it. Jazz should at least inquire about it. 2014, 2015 and 2017 picks should all be deal breakers. They need rock solid assets, and the 2016 pick looks to be right around the rebound period if they get an All star player out of this draft as well as landing said coach.