What's new

Official Re-Sign Mike Conley Thread

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
What kind of deal do you think would be on the table and what is going to be his market?

We definitely should re-sign him if he was willing to come back.

What kind of deal do you think would be on the table and what is going to be his market?

We definitely should re-sign him if he was willing to come back.
Jazz would have to dump players without returning salary for that to be tenable. The cap situation is ****ed.

Last edited:
Obviously this is the main priority, but I would be surprised if ownership is willing. Conley could easily get a 2 year 40 million dollar deal if he has another great year.

Obviously this is the main priority, but I would be surprised if ownership is willing. Conley could easily get a 2 year 40 million dollar deal if he has another great year.
From who, though? He was, at one point, signed to the largest contract in NBA history. Is he going to chase a two-year payday from the Knicks or other bottom-dweller?

Keeping Conley will be tough. We'll find out how the new owner feels about the punishing luxury tax.

From who, though? He was, at one point, signed to the largest contract in NBA history. Is he going to chase a two-year payday from the Knicks or other bottom-dweller?
Could be a lot of teams. Rudy re-signed, Giannis re-signed. I think there is a lot of money next year iirc.

I was his worst critic on here, always believed in him at first but when he struggled I thought we gave up too much for him. Happy that he is figuring it out and finally being that player we traded for ....

Conley won’t be back. He of course is stepping up in a contract year. Will price him out as it slim pickings for free agents next off-season. He will be older and overpaid on that deal.

Jazz should already be targeting his replacement .

Lol. Give it time. Crutches will get injured again within the next couple months.

Conley won’t be back. He of course is stepping up in a contract year. Will price him out as it slim pickings for free agents next off-season. He will be older and overpaid on that deal.

This is the most likely scenario if we’re being honest with ourselves.

The pessimistic side of me thinks this will be an outlier year because it is a contract year.

If he brings us a ring I'll be ok with it.