What's new

Official Timberwolves/76ers/Nets Pick Watch

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Wolves are 11-9 vs teams above .500. They are the classic team that plays to the level of competition. Imo their tough schedule means they won’t be able to move to far up the standings but I don’t necessarily think it means they are destined to slide.

I hope they slide but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Wolves are 11-9 vs teams above .500. They are the classic team that plays to the level of competition. Imo their tough schedule means they won’t be able to move to far up the standings but I don’t necessarily think it means they are destined to slide.

I hope they slide but I wouldn’t bank on it.

I don’t foresee a meltdown but they will hover around .500 all season which is still great for us. A lottery pick from a pick I was told was worthless and was in the late 20’s is amazing.

HermanG

Btw before yesterdays loss to Rockets... Wolves were 8-3 in January with the 3rd highest eFG of all teams at 58%.

However a deeper look at the numbers reveal there were 4 guys who all scored on eFG% of over 60% during that stretch with a minimum of 75 FGA... here are those guys along with their 3P% and 3PA for January:
DeAngelo Russell - 49.3% on 6.5 3PA
Jaden McDaniels - 43.9% on 3.4 3PA
Taurean Prince - 46.2% on 3.9 3PA
Kyle Andersen - 50.0% on 1.9 3PA

Just saying... at one point the balloon goes pop.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Btw before yesterdays loss to Rockets... Wolves were 8-3 in January with the 3rd highest eFG of all teams at 58%.

However a deeper look at the numbers reveal there were 4 guys who all scored on eFG% of over 60% during that stretch with a minimum of 75 FGA... here are those guys along with their 3P% and 3PA for January:

I would be interested in seeing these guys scoring stats when Gobert plays vs when he doesn’t.

framer

And they have needed all that just to keep their head above water, not go 10-2. Give these guys a steady diet of adversity and let's see what happens.

jazzfan1132

Today's PICKS games. MIN 14# :) ONE DOWN (from15) UTAH 17# TWO UP(from15) 76ers 27# (from 27).

CHI(2-3) IND (0-7) HaliburtOFF makes Pacers winless 7 in a row.
CHA(2-3) PHX(3-2) Suns start to shine despite injuries, three in a row. They are one spot over T-wolves. Hornets BacktoBack.
LAC (3-2) LAL 3-2) Both teams win two in a row.