What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Jazz realistically should’ve dropped their recent games against Orlando, Boston and Sacramento. Had that happened, they’d be sitting at 32-41 and the 6th pick - only a game and a half out of the 5th spot. Those 3 games are going to loom large if the Jazz miss out on a top prospect this year.
Whose available at 6, but not at 9, that would be a game-changer for us?

Games today that affect our picks:

Pacers @ Hawks

We want Indiana to win to have a small chance of moving down but if Atlanta wins it could help push Minnesota’s pick down.

Jazz @ Kings

We all know what needs to happen here.

76ers @ Suns

We want Phoenix to win for two reasons. We own Philadelphia’s pick and them winning keeps distance from Minnesota.

Pelicans @ Clippers

We want New Orleans to win which would put them in a tie with Minnesota.

As of right now we’d own 9/16/27. I think Minnesota’s pick could definitely drop a couple spots. Our pick and Philadelphia’s pick doesn’t have much potential moving either way. I think we end up with 9/14/27.

As of right now we’d own 9/16/27. I think Minnesota’s pick could definitely drop a couple spots. Our pick and Philadelphia’s pick doesn’t have much potential moving either way. I think we end up with 9/14/27.
Hopefully by 9/14/27 we have a banner hanging in the rafters.

Wolves missing the playoffs would be huge. Gonna be tough though.

I feel pretty confident even without JC Sexton or the Finnisher, we will still be in the play in with just 2 more wins, and the Finnisher for sure will all return for the play in and win the game or games necessary to make the 8th seed.
Wolves are in the play in like 90% likely now imo, hopefully they can be the team we oust.

A few are still oblivious as to what needs to happen here .. cough @MT Steve cough
One Love can't comprehend how fans' brains can be nuanced enough to be able to enjoy hard-fought wins from our players while simultaneously acknowledging that a better draft pick is probably best for this franchise. He got so irritated at our home crowd that he implied they were idiots for actually cheering for the team.

Like... sorry that I'm not going to actively root against this team when I watch the games? Especially when they're heavy underdogs playing their asses off?

The fight this team displays in the face of adversity just didn't exist in the previous era. I value it going forward enough to where I do not consider it the worst thing in the world if it drops us to the 11th pick instead of the 8th pick or whatever.

I would have gladly traded down 3 picks in the past to give the previous era's team this same trait.

One Love can't comprehend how fans' brains can be nuanced enough to be able to enjoy hard-fought wins from our players while simultaneously acknowledging that a better draft pick is probably best for this franchise. He got so irritated at our home crowd that he implied they were idiots for actually cheering for the team.

Like... sorry that I'm not going to actively root against this team when I watch the games? Especially when they're heavy underdogs playing their asses off?

The fight this team displays in the face of adversity just didn't exist in the previous era. I value it going forward enough to where I do not consider it the worst thing in the world if it drops us to the 11th pick instead of the 8th pick or whatever.

I would have gladly traded down 3 picks in the past to give the previous era's team this same trait.
Would you rather we win the rest of our games or lose the rest of our games?

Minnesota is now tied for #15 with the Lakers and Hawks. After tonight they could be in a 4-way tie for #14 if the Pelicans win.

If they lose to Golden State tomorrow and OKC beats Portland along with Toronto beating Washington they will be in a 3-way tie for #12.