What's new

***Official Trade Royce O'neale for anything thread***

Getting rid of favors was such a big mistake and i Knew it right away. DL thought ED davis was gona be a good replacement haha

Because Favs is absolutely killing it this year... oh wait he has been hurt all year.

Doesn't change the fact that it was stupid to get rid of him. Spread offense didn't make us any better, and losing his bench scoring has killed us. Not to mention the reality that his toughness against guys like AD was something a lot of us overlooked. And I pretty much guarantee he wouldn't be hurt right now if he were still here. We knew how to use him and the mins that kept him fresh. That Conley trade destroyed the idea of retaining him. We should still have Rubio, Favors and added Bojan.

People ******** on this thread are the same dumbasses wondering why the Jazz are playing mediocre and get butt hurt if anyone has the nerve to say something negative.

Yeah, Royce is cheap. He's not a starter on a "deep" team though.
Then it is more on the management instead of players. Royce, Ed, Jeff and Mudiay are all good pieces but people asked too much out of them due to failure on the front office in managing our assets. It didn't take much hindsight to see Conley is not worth 30mil or all the assets that we gave up. Just look at what John Wall and Chris Paul's contracts have done to their respective teams. Now other players have to get played out of positions and overburdened because of it.

Doesn't change the fact that it was stupid to get rid of him. Spread offense didn't make us any better, and losing his bench scoring has killed us. Not to mention the reality that his toughness against guys like AD was something a lot of us overlooked. And I pretty much guarantee he wouldn't be hurt right now if he were still here. We knew how to use him and the mins that kept him fresh. That Conley trade destroyed the idea of retaining him. We should still have Rubio, Favors and added Bojan.
It's not about losing Favs, its about losing him then not signing anyone as his replacement.

Not their play (totally different players) but they're both undersized and the Jazz see something in them that no one else did or does.

They're not fooling me though.

Dude we're lucky that the Jazz realized they had something in Royce. He's our best perimeter defender, he can guard multiple positions, he makes a high percentage of his threes, he's a really good athlete, he rebounds well for his size, he's low usage and unselfish and he understands his role as a 3&D guy. Several teams would love to have Royce right now on his cheap *** contract.

It's nothing like Niang who is useless.

Royce is effective in his role... Niang isn’t. Royce is the Bruce Bowen for this team. Not everyone can be PER darlings but Royce is playing well and is not at all the problem. We need more of what Royce gives.

I expect us to bitch and moan more responsibly since there are plenty of legitimate reasons to bitch and moan... do better guis.

I think Royce is an over achiever. I don't think he's terrible just like I don't think he's our team's Bruce Bowen (kind if a slap to Bruce's face tbh.)

Dude we're lucky that the Jazz realized they had something in Royce. He's our best perimeter defender, he can guard multiple positions, he makes a high percentage of his threes, he's a really good athlete, he rebounds well for his size, he's low usage and unselfish and he understands his role as a 3&D guy. Several teams would love to have Royce right now on his cheap *** contract.

It's nothing like Niang who is useless.

Yeah, but he's not an NBA starter imo - at least for a contender.

I think Royce is an over achiever. I don't think he's terrible just like I don't think he's our team's Bruce Bowen (kind if a slap to Bruce's face tbh.)
Wait whuttttt… Royce is an over achiever and its a slap in the face to compare him to another over achiever with nearly identical stats (raw and advanced) who had a similar story of having to play in Europe prior to making it as a role player in the nba?

Bowen was a better defender but Royce is better at everything else... one played with Tim Manu and Tony is the biggest difference. He is a good player and is a great glue guy starter... he aint the issue at all.

Wait whuttttt… Royce is an over achiever and its a slap in the face to compare him to another over achiever with nearly identical stats (raw and advanced) who had a similar story of having to play in Europe prior to making it as a role player in the nba?

Bowen was a better defender but Royce is better at everything else... one played with Tim Manu and Tony is the biggest difference. He is a good player and is a great glue guy starter... he aint the issue at all.
Just pump the brakes a lil. Bowen is arguably one of the best perimeter defenders of all time.

Yeah, but he's not an NBA starter imo - at least for a contender.
I would argue that he is a Bowen type player for a contender. The problem with oneale is that he doesn't shoot enough. Other than that he is a pretty good wing defender in the league with a pretty good 3pt shot.

Its hard to argue against that. It's just that the Jazz have him guarding anyone from 1-4

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

I would argue that he is a Bowen type player for a contender. The problem with oneale is that he doesn't shoot enough. Other than that he is a pretty good wing defender in the league with a pretty good 3pt shot.

Its hard to argue against that. It's just that the Jazz have him guarding anyone from 1-4

I don't know how anyone could overstate how important Royce is to this team. He's a premier defender at 4 positions and the only thing he does to detriment winning is actually not shoot enough on a team that he understands has a bunch of star power looking for their stats. He and Joe are the pieces that make this rickety, top-heavy team work.

Even though Royce's PER is lower than most other 3 and D guys, he's still a valuable piece to this team. he is an undrafted success story

He should shoot more and it drives me nuts all the times he passes up wide open shots.

The only reason for the struggles is the bench, and it doesn’t help that Conley is out, we should be focusing on improving our bench, not O’neale how people don’t see this is idiotic. Our starting unit recks teams but our bench is as bad as it’s ever been.

To begin the year the starters were playing big mins, and we were winning. I think Quin realized he was overworking the starters. Ever since the bench has been getting more mins, they just can’t survive.

How does no one see this, god!!! Jazzfanz is becoming insufferable!! It’s starting to be hard to even log on it hurts!! Royce freaking O’Neal is not the problem!!

That literally has nothing to do with what you quoted. #strawman
"I think Royce is an over achiever. I don't think he's terrible just like I don't think he's our team's Bruce Bowen (kind if a slap to Bruce's face tbh.)"

That literally has nothing to do with what you quoted. #strawman

Then you said he should shoot more, implying that he has room to grow. So what is it, does he overachieve or underachieve?

I dont know how this is so hard for you to grasp

People ******** on this thread are the same dumbasses wondering why the Jazz are playing mediocre and get butt hurt if anyone has the nerve to say something negative.

Yeah, Royce is cheap. He's not a starter on a "deep" team though.

So we get rid of him? It’s his fault he’s starting?