What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

I'm not liking the way all these picks are trending. I should have known not to get overly excited the first quarter of the season.

I'm not liking the way all these picks are trending. I should have known not to get overly excited the first quarter of the season.

In the WC, the top 9 teams are all within 2 games. Jazz are just 4 games out of the 12 seed.

As for the T'wolves, they beat the Cavs without Mitchell or JA, the Magic without Paolo, and the Sixers without Maxey and Harden. They're still probably a late play-in team, especially now that the Kings and Warriors are getting some momentum.

In the WC, the top 9 teams are all within 2 games. Jazz are just 4 games out of the 12 seed.

As for the T'wolves, they beat the Cavs without Mitchell or JA, the Magic without Paolo, and the Sixers without Maxey and Harden. They're still probably a late play-in team, especially now that the Kings and Warriors are getting some momentum.

The wolves may be playing weak opponents but they seem to have figured some things out and are starting to mesh. Also I don't think the sixers matter anymore. Now it is all about the nets and with Simmons snapping out of his funk and Kyrie back they are starting to look really good.

Joel out 2 games with a mid foot sprain... mid foot sprain and plantar fasciitis in the offseason. If we can get Brooklyn to implode the injury issues may end up being too much for sixers.

We need Brooklyn to suck too though or else they will be the ones to reap the benefit not us.
Yeah... but they are burning KD up and he will likely go down with a 10-15 injury somewhere. Kyrie also can't stay on the court between his brain and his body he will end up missing time again.

Because they are both in the East and Chicago, NY, Miami aren't looking so sweet... I think it will be a stretch for both of them to miss the playoffs. Just have to hope both end up in the play in and **** the bed or aren't 100%. If it turns into the 16-20th pick its still pretty sweet since that was "guaranteed" to be like the 28th pick.

Yeah... but they are burning KD up and he will likely go down with a 10-15 injury somewhere. Kyrie also can't stay on the court between his brain and his body he will end up missing time again.

Because they are both in the East and Chicago, NY, Miami aren't looking so sweet... I think it will be a stretch for both of them to miss the playoffs. Just have to hope both end up in the play in and **** the bed or aren't 100%. If it turns into the 16-20th pick its still pretty sweet since that was "guaranteed" to be like the 28th pick.

KD going down for an extended stretch is what it all hinders on. If he stays healthy though then I could see them pushing towards a top 4 seed in the east.

The Wolves are down 15 with 2 minutes left in the half. Gobert has 0 points and Ant is leading the team with a -17 in 15 minutes.

Minnesota currently getting worked by a Jimmy Butlerless Heat team at home. I kind of feel like they are competing with the Warriors for that final play-in spot. I think all of the teams ahead of them are better than them at this point. I feel like the Warriors are better than them too, but are suffering from just as much disfunction.

Note- this doesn't mean that I think the Warriors are going to eek into the last spot. They will either figure things out and do much better, or continue to spiral and drop even further. Not sure what to think of them right now.

Zone is crushing the Wolves.

I do think they are destined to get the 9th/10th play in seed. Once team really start tanking they will rise above those teams, but I doubt they ever get a true streak to break into the top 8.

Minnesota currently getting worked by a Jimmy Butlerless Heat team at home. I kind of feel like they are competing with the Warriors for that final play-in spot. I think all of the teams ahead of them are better than them at this point. I feel like the Warriors are better than them too, but are suffering from just as much disfunction.

Note- this doesn't mean that I think the Warriors are going to eek into the last spot. They will either figure things out and do much better, or continue to spiral and drop even further. Not sure what to think of them right now.
The Warriors will be fine. They will either figure it out, or they will make trades to help them figure it out.

There's a higher chance they win another ring and than them missing the playoffs.