What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

I think he's definitely the most overrated player in Jazz history. 90% of you were calling him a top 10 player that instantly made the Wolves a top 2 team in the West and championship contender
Here is my take on Rudy. He was the DPOY every year he was in UTAH. He needs a real point guard or close facsimile if there are not at least 2 high level playmakers at other positions on the court, and not the type of me first usage core he is dealing with over there. He had some of that when JC was doing his 6th man thing for us, but there again not a starter with him. The Wolves should have known this, but apparently underrated how much playmaking was on the Jazz, in Rudy's time here and they don't have it at all. They also have time to see if the pairing with a healthy KAT which he isn't really yet at all might work better than the current options sharing the front court.

The love of YoungJefe for Don make him a little bit blind..... for the rest, even i like Rudy a lot, i would definitly not put him in the top 15. Probably more in the top 30.

4 times, the people who select the All-NBA team called him a top 15 player. I distrust their judgement less than a bunch of random people on a message board.

Gobert is having a bad year. Will next year be better? We don't know.

Bad year? Doesn’t matter. Top 15 players do not have bad years. You can name the top 15 players and I can guarantee you none of them had bad years without injury.

Bad year? Doesn’t matter. Top 15 players do not have bad years. You can name the top 15 players and I can guarantee you none of them had bad years without injury.
Gobert is averaging a double-double and over a block a game. That's pretty good for an NBA center, even though it's a bad year for Gobert.

If you are foolish enough to believe that Chamberlain, Russell, Jordan, etc. never had an off year, that you should not be posting publicly.

Gobert is averaging a double-double and over a block a game. That's pretty good for an NBA center, even though it's a bad year for Gobert.

If you are foolish enough to believe that Chamberlain, Russell, Jordan, etc. never had an off year, that you should not be posting publicly.

And Kessler is having a better year as a rookie. Go figure.

Look at their so called bad years. Then look at Gobert’s so called “bad year”. Not a top 15 player at all. And many here and myself included were wrong. Very wrong!

And I’m not upset with you. I’m upset with the organization by putting their chips all in with Gobert. Knowing we had a better player in Donovan in and offensive minded league. The NBA doesn’t give a **** about defense. And yet the Jazz built their identity on a center that had no offensive game. Thank you Minnesota for taking on that contract.

Last edited:
WC Seeding: 1) Denver, 2) Memphis, 3) Phoenix, 4) Clippers, 5) Sacramento, 6) Dallas, 7) Golden State, 8) New Orleans, 9) Minnesota, 10) Lakers

Looking at the T'wolves' schedule, their next 10 games are tough. See if at the end of that 10-game stretch they're 34-34 (.500).

Last edited:
we are still gonna get the sixers pick though. Unfortunately. But I guess the Nets gonna have a lotto pick this year as well.

Are we really comparing Rudy Gobert to Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, and Bill Russell? This is what I'm talking about, lol.

Look at their so called bad years. Then look at Gobert’s so called “bad year”. Not a top 15 player at all. And many here and myself included were wrong. Very wrong!

And I’m not upset with you. I’m upset with the organization by putting their chips all in with Gobert. Knowing we had a better player in Donovan in and offensive minded league. The NBA doesn’t give a **** about defense. And yet the Jazz built their identity on a center that had no offensive game. Thank you Minnesota for taking on that contract.
For comparison:
Gobert: 15.6/13.5/1.5 per 36. Salary $38M
Kessler: 14/13/3.6 per 36. Salary $2.7M

Gobert: 0.41/0.36/0.04 per 36 per $1M
Kessler: 5.19/4.81/1.33 per 36 per $1M

Obviously not a very fair comparison because of Walker's rookie contract, but good to see when assessing value for money.

Last edited:
Thank you for an excellent example of adding irrelevant points to a conversation.

Look at their so called bad years. Then look at Gobert’s so called “bad year”. Not a top 15 player at all.
I don't think anyone claims that Gobert is having an All-NBA year this year.

I’m upset with the organization by putting their chips all in with Gobert. Knowing we had a better player in Donovan in and offensive minded league.
What could we have done to improve Mitchell's game that we were not doing? Get him more screens? Put the ball in his hands more?

The NBA doesn’t give a **** about defense.
Last I heard, champions need to be at least average on offense and on defense.