What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Minnesota is now tied for #15 with the Lakers and Hawks. After tonight they could be in a 4-way tie for #14 if the Pelicans win.

If they lose to Golden State tomorrow and OKC beats Portland along with Toronto beating Washington they will be in a 3-way tie for #12.
I’d take 9th and 12th at this stage. That would be awesome given what’s happened.

LOL .. and you can’t see that we already have something? What more do you need to see?
What are you talking about?

If we won the rest of our games, that would mean our current roster is even better than what any of us think it is right now.

What are you talking about?

If we won the rest of our games, that would mean our current roster is even better than what any of us think it is right now.
OK, can we agree this group isn't going to win the NBA Finals this year?

Therefore we're really looking at having a go again next year or maybe the year after? In view of that, isn't better to lose out the rest of the way and get a 9th pick instead of a 15th pick?

I mean the rest of the board can see this, why can't you?

OK, can we agree this group isn't going to win the NBA Finals this year?

Therefore we're really looking at having a go again next year or maybe the year after? In view of that, isn't better to lose out the rest of the way and get a 9th pick instead of a 15th pick?

I mean the rest of the board can see this, why can't you?
Man, you must be furious that we've won 35 games instead of 17, since the 1st pick is better than a pick in the 9th-15th range.

Or, you're thrilled that we've already got a young core good enough to win 35+ games.

Just take that same logic and apply it to being thrilled that we're already good enough to win 44 games. You can do this.

Put another way - I'd rather have a current roster good enough to win 44 games and the 15th pick than a team good enough to win 35 games and the 9th pick. The gap between the 9th pick and the 15th pick is pretty damn unlikely to make up the difference.

I feel pretty confident even without JC Sexton or the Finnisher, we will still be in the play in with just 2 more wins, and the Finnisher for sure will all return for the play in and win the game or games necessary to make the 8th seed.
Wolves are in the play in like 90% likely now imo, hopefully they can be the team we oust.

It would definitely take more than 2 more wins to make the play-in, probably more like 4 or 5.

I’d take 9th and 12th at this stage. That would be awesome given what’s happened.
9DF95EFC-ECBD-499E-880D-59D67414E06A.jpeg

Minnesota’s going to fall into the lottery and be the pick that is going to jump up to #1.

Can you imagine how crippling it would be for their fans to have the Gobert trade cost them Kessler AND Wemby?

The thread by @JazzAvenues would be the most epic thing to ever grace JazzFanz.

Jazz get #1 and #10. Draft Wemby and then trade up for Cam Whitmore. The basketball gods probably owe us for something.

Man, you must be furious that we've won 35 games instead of 17, since the 1st pick is better than a pick in the 9th-15th range.

Or, you're thrilled that we've already got a young core good enough to win 35+ games.

Just take that same logic and apply it to being thrilled that we're already good enough to win 44 games. You can do this.

Put another way - I'd rather have a current roster good enough to win 44 games and the 15th pick than a team good enough to win 35 games and the 9th pick. The gap between the 9th pick and the 15th pick is pretty damn unlikely to make up the difference.
What if the team has the talent to win 44 games this year, but we sit them out so we get a better pick - and we go for 55 wins next season?

Think about it.

It's Tank Lite.

That's what Ainge is doing.

Get with the program.

What if the team has the talent to win 44 games this year, but we sit them out so we get a better pick - and we go for 55 wins next season?

Think about it.

It's Tank Lite.

That's what Ainge is doing.

Get with the program.
Strawman-argument.jpg

^The strawman that One Love killed.

I never said I had a problem with the Jazz sitting guys. I called you out for crying over our home crowd cheering for the players actually playing. From that you have somehow extrapolated several arguments I've never made.

Next time you reply to me, make sure you're actually addressing an argument I'm making.

I never said I had a problem with the Jazz sitting guys. I called you out for crying over our home crowd cheering for the players actually playing. From that you have somehow extrapolated several arguments I've never made.

Next time you reply to me, make sure you're actually addressing an argument I'm making.
How do know whether they're cheering for the WIN or cheering for the players playing?

Have you asked every single person there? Or are you just assuming yet again?

How do know whether they're cheering for the WIN or cheering for the players playing?

Have you asked every single person there? Or are you just assuming yet again?

This post makes me sad. Not because there's any sort of good argument in there, but because it shows you really aren't understanding my argument at all, and I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

But to answer your question, when I said they were cheering for the players, I also very obviously mean they were cheering for the win.

"I hope we play well but lose" is a take that some people can have, I guess, but I doubt the crowd did.

This post makes me sad. Not because there's any sort of good argument in there, but because it shows you really aren't understanding my argument at all, and I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

But to answer your question, when I said they were cheering for the players, I also very obviously mean they were cheering for the win.

"I hope we play well but lose" is a take that some people can have, I guess, but I doubt the crowd did.
And considering the money they paid to be there, they should cheer for the win. Fandom is not supposed to be rational. Just because we might understand what is best for the team’s long-term health, doesn’t mean that everyone should agree with it. I have no problem with the fans that want to win every game. I want the team to fight and try to win, but I’m not heartbroken when they lose.

There is a pretty decent chance Minnesota could be tied for the #11 pick by the end of the night tomorrow.
I would love to see the Timberwolves go on a losing streak that gets into their heads and causes a tailspin to finish the season. They have a tough schedule (on paper) and it could easily go sideways on them.

I want the players to do well, like Kessler tonight scoring 31 points was absolutely fantastic.

But I don't want the TEAM to win, cos that hurts our draft.

Next year, yes, I'm cheering for us to win every damn game, but right now, no.

Maybe that's too complicate for you to get your head around.

I would love to see the Timberwolves go on a losing streak that gets into their heads and causes a tailspin to finish the season. They have a tough schedule (on paper) and it could easily go sideways on them.
They legitimately could lose their next 4 games.

@Warriors
@Kings (b2b)
@Suns
Lakers

They do have two sure wins probably with the Trail Blazers and Spurs in April.

Best case scenario is they end up 39-43. Realistic scenario is probably 41-41. Worst case scenario is 43-39.

I want the players to do well, like Kessler tonight scoring 31 points was absolutely fantastic.

But I don't want the TEAM to win, cos that hurts our draft.

Next year, yes, I'm cheering for us to win every damn game, but right now, no.

Maybe that's too complicate for you to get your head around.
Strawman-argument.jpg