What's new

On the record...

Collin sexton will have a better season than Donovan Mitchell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Statistically I think that is very likely, especially if Clarkson, Bogey, and Conley are gone. I think if we keep most the people beyond that Sexton could be around 24 ppg again. I dont think Mitchell puts up as many points next year and drops down a bit. I think Mitchell might drop back to 20-22 range but finally get more efficient, but I dont know.

On the record. I like Rudy Gobert. He's a good dude, no qualifier.
I miss him now and will miss him when the season starts.

Also on the record of players I miss:

Ingles
Millsap
Booker
DM - Yes DM, so what. Shut it.
Jae Crowder
Favors
Harpring
Ingles
Torrey Ellis
AK
Niang
Officer Polynice
Demarre Carroll

It doesn't have to make sense.
I know I miss Ingles twice, he makes me laugh a lot so I miss him more.

I'm not putting Stock, Malone, Bailey, Horny on this list. I'm also not putting Cap'n Crunch, Raja Bell, Trey Burke's mom, Carlos Boozer's front door, pillow forts, Rafael Araujo's T-Rex arms, or Mrs AK-47 on this list. I probably could though.

Last edited:
Here I am calling my shot a month ago. I think I did OK. . .

I mean the most obvious call is that Colin Sexton will be playing for the Utah Jazz this year. That deal is there just obviously waiting on something else.

I like Sexton as an investment, but I'm done with undersized 2 guards. . .

Here is Cy "fact checking" me. . .

That is probably the least obvious thing.

S&T's are really hard to work out, even if both teams want to do them.

Cleveland wants to keep Sexton, they just see an opportunity to keep him on a bargain.

I still feel like we would have picked up Sexton regardless of the Mitchell deal.

I doubt we would have gotten him without the MItchell deal. Lowe/MacMahon said Sexton was ready to take the QO before the Mitchell news dropped.

Good call tho regardless, it happened.

I don't think we're going to Tank...we won't win the title...but I'm not feeling Tank. Middle of the Pack with a bunch of folks crying over every win. good times :)

I don't think we're going to Tank...we won't win the title...but I'm not feeling Tank. Middle of the Pack with a bunch of folks crying over every win. good times :)
Middle of the pack means you are a play in team. The Jazz are not middle of the pack.

Here I am calling my shot a month ago. I think I did OK. . .

Here is Cy "fact checking" me. . .

I still feel like we would have picked up Sexton regardless of the Mitchell deal.

Cy getting dunked on never fails to amuse me. Dude said Mitchell wasn’t getting traded either lmao.

I have no problem with people making definitive statements on trades, even when I think they are way off base. But you calling out Cy on this is a surprise given the predictions you have made

Please be my guest and throw out some of the predictions I’ve made.

Y'all got some weird definitions of dunked on coming from the dude who slobbed on RJ Barretts nob for a straight month and said he was going to NYK....

Donovan himself said he went to sleep on Sunday and thought he’d wake up Monday on the Knicks.

The whole point of this Thread is making predictions.... If you're not going "on the record" what is the point of calling out someone else for doing what the thread is for...even if they turn out to be wrong.
Exactly this. Gold Star.

We can all use this thread later to make fun of everyone, as netizens are wont to do. Call it artificial superiority fuel. Won't that be fun!

Here is the off-season rant/boast thread. Go on the record here for anything that floats your boat. Want to tout a specific player? Go for it. Make a prediction about win-loss or playoffs? Have at it? Rant about the ****** officiating in the NBA today? Get after it!

For me I want to go on the record to say that I hate that we traded Gobert. Yeah I know for the long run it is best for the team, but he was a supreme competitor and a generational talent and I loved having him on our team. He was one of the more entertaining players we have ever had and we haven't had anyone with his loyalty in a long long time. Sad to see him go and I hope he gets a ring and a couple more DPOY since he should have 2 more right now. Got robbed. ****ing voter fatigue ********.

Ok, next?
This summarizes a lot of how I feel. I want the Gobert experiment to work in Minny. And if it fails, I want it to be because someone like KAT can't handle being the 2nd best big on the team or because Edwards is an idiot. It wouldn't bother me at all to see Minny win a chip next year. In fact, I'd be elated.

I can't say the same for NY. I hope that experiment fails and the Knicks suck.