What's new

On the record...

Thats why I said I dont think its gobert and I guess I should say I dont know what the issue actually is
I don't think Rudy is the main problem either, but I also think he is probably the kind of player who demands a lot from himself, and from others, and if there are (in his eyes) stupid locker-room issues being in the way of a good team, I think he'll be pissed off at those who he sees to be the problem, perhaps making things worse.

I don't think he was the primary cause of the locker room problems here, but I think he was part of making it hard to fix.

I just hope they sell Gobert and takes their losses. Maybe they can get a first and a handful of players that fit the way KAT/ANT think they are supposed to play, however that is.
Not sure they can even get a first now for the contract he’s on and how hard he’s been to fit into their offense.

Probably what excited me the most once the Gobert and Mitchell deals were done is the fact that it’s not super uncommon from year to year to see a team we all think should be contending start to underachieve. Not only that, once the wheels start to come off, you see these teams get a little more nervous about their star’s health.

If Minnesota is still **** by the all star break, I could easily see them shutting down KAT or Gobert if injuries start to pop up. Sure, they’re not getting a good draft pick out of it, but they pushed all of their chips to the center of the table when they acquired Gobert and there’s a lot to be said about living to fight another day.

Probably what excited me the most once the Gobert and Mitchell deals were done is the fact that it’s not super uncommon from year to year to see a team we all think should be contending start to underachieve. Not only that, once the wheels start to come off, you see these teams get a little more nervous about their star’s health.
Exactly what's going on with my Buffalo Bills...

If Minnesota is still **** by the all star break, I could easily see them shutting down KAT or Gobert if injuries start to pop up. Sure, they’re not getting a good draft pick out of it, but they pushed all of their chips to the center of the table when they acquired Gobert and there’s a lot to be said about living to fight another day.
They arent going to sit players if they are struggling lmao. That's the time they should be working to figure it out.

There is nothing quite vindicating as this entire thread and me absolutely crushing a ton of people on here about Minnesota.

Cy getting absolutely crushed by me for pages and pages is just glorious especially how matter of fact he talked and speaking in absolutes he was.
x
hqdefault.jpg

I don't think Rudy is the main problem either, but I also think he is probably the kind of player who demands a lot from himself, and from others, and if there are (in his eyes) stupid locker-room issues being in the way of a good team, I think he'll be pissed off at those who he sees to be the problem, perhaps making things worse.

I don't think he was the primary cause of the locker room problems here, but I think he was part of making it hard to fix.
As I told everyone during the offseason the Wolves were good last year because they played extremely fast, KAT stretched the floor, and they shot 3s. They've fundamentally had to change the way that they play for Rudy and they don't have the shooting, defense, or playmaking to make it work.

Considering their pick next summer is the NYK 2nd round pick, I see absolutely no reason they would start to tank. A team kinda automatically go into anti-tank mode when they trade away their picks.

They arent going to sit players if they are struggling lmao. That's the time they should be working to figure it out.
Ya there is no way they rest healthy guys for no reason. What would be the incentive?

Prevent injuries in a lost season
Why would they worry about injuries if the season is lost anyway though? There is an off season to get healthy. Players can get hurt in practice or riding a bike or fishing or whatever too.

Gobert Stan’s will never admit it, but Gobert with his contract is not a good nba player. You can’t pay a defense only center who can’t catch and punish small-ball lineups 30% of your cap and expect to win at the highest levels of the modern nba. And there does seem to be real chemistry issues with him. Everyone was so focused on blaming Donovan because he had clearly given up—which is fair—that they ignored the real problem with the team. He’s a great guy and good at what he does, but you can’t build around Gobert in the modern nba.

I honestly didn’t think they’d get much considering how bad his contract is going to be in a few years, this trade was Ainge’s masterpiece. It’ll probably go down as the biggest fleece in NBA history, especially if things fall apart in Minny, which I think, they’re going to. Kat is mentally soft, and Anthony Edwards already has a similar relationship to gobert that Mitchell had. And Edwards isn’t half as good of a guy as Mitchell. It’s going to get ugly there.

Gobert Stan’s will never admit it, but Gobert with his contract is not a good nba player. You can’t pay a defense only center who can’t catch and punish small-ball lineups 30% of your cap and expect to win at the highest levels of the modern nba. And there does seem to be real chemistry issues with him. Everyone was so focused on blaming Donovan because he had clearly given up—which is fair—that they ignored the real problem with the team. He’s a great guy and good at what he does, but you can’t build around Gobert in the modern nba.

I honestly didn’t think they’d get much considering how bad his contract is going to be in a few years, this trade was Ainge’s masterpiece. It’ll probably go down as the biggest fleece in NBA history, especially if things fall apart in Minny, which I think, they’re going to. Kat is mentally soft, and Anthony Edwards already has a similar relationship to gobert that Mitchell had. And Edwards isn’t half as good of a guy as Mitchell. It’s going to get ugly there.
Right, I mean all we accomplished with that was the #1 record in the league, even when we had players checking out completely on defense. Terrible results building around Rudy.

The only reason this all fell apart was Mitchell checked out completely on D and froze Gobert out entirely, and Snyder lost the locker room and could not make in game adjustments to save his life. Rudy consistently is who is and rarely wavered. But when we were running our motion offense through the pick and roll with Rudy the offense was historically elite. As soon as it turned into Mitchell hero ball and freeze out Gobert it all went to ****.

DM didnt lose. Garland did.
The rule is Don never loose, his teamate yes !

Considering Minny, i was on Cy side. Totally tought they will be a top 3-4 at West. Season just start so they can still fgo there but they have to fix many issues. Kat and Edwards seems to have big ego, Dlo not much brain......lot of job to do.

100% correct.

Nobody should argue with this, but they still will.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app