What's new

On the record...

vegas

Jingles not being on the roster also hurt us in the Dallas series. The team wasn’t ever the same without him. Then again, he never looked right the entire year. The window of opportunity was open that Clippers year. The window had already closed last year when we didn’t improve our wing position and Jingles aged a few years overnight.

The FO didn’t do us any favors. Instead of drafting Doka and Butler, they could’ve drafted Bane and Herb Jones. At least those picks would’ve been attempts to improve the roster and perhaps offset the zero defensive effort made by most of our roster.
I think that's the point. Zero defensive effort=no heart. QS was not holding accountable and kept playing the same system and personal. It was so frustrating to watch. Should shrug. procrastinate, hope it will magically change with no difference in approach or effort.

HermanG

Well this looks like it has happened. Do I get an Arby's sandwich?
You are patting your own back prematurely. You were correct about the winning record, but we haven't been "losing badly" yet.

No one is blowing us out, we are in games in the 4th (held lead in 16 of 20 games), our offense still top tier in the league, still showing signs of growth and development. And we haven't had a proper home stretch yet, so we can practice and work on new wrinkles.

MT Steve

Contributor
You are patting your own back prematurely. You were correct about the winning record, but we haven't been "losing badly" yet.

No one is blowing us out, we are in games in the 4th (held lead in 16 of 20 games), our offense still top tier in the league, still showing signs of growth and development. And we haven't had a proper home stretch yet, so we can practice and work on new wrinkles.
Exactly.

If we have a losing record after our upcoming 6 game home stretch, then let's talk.

whatthe

Okay, yes it is a little bit premature but the defense the last seven games has been the worst in the league so the possibility is looking like the league may have cracked the code. But granted there hasn't been enough time yet to prove it- I guess we will know in the next two months.

HermanG

Okay, yes it is a little bit premature but the defense the last seven games has been the worst in the league so the possibility is looking like the league may have cracked the code. But granted there hasn't been enough time yet to prove it- I guess we will know in the next two months.
Getting practice reps should be huge for us, since this group has only been together for 2 months. I think we have to be patient to see what the final product looks like, but next 10 games should give us a clear indication as we get that 6 home game stretch in it as well. I hope the defense is the main focus... I feel like offensively we can hang with the best of them.