What's new

OPJ FTW

Chicago’s backcourt is too crowded to do a 1 for 1 type of deal. Would need a third team that had something they want. The guys has had hip issues since college and played 15 games last year so I’d be a little wary.
... if he didn't play a game it might be an improvement over Conley starting...

Philly is a short chartered flight back to Columbus, OH. What a happy situation, eh??

What is wrong with Tobias Harris? Is it his contract and having a bad year? I’d prefer him to Horford. Is OPJ a good defender these days? I haven’t watched him recently. I’m trying to decide which I’d prefer between OPJ and Harris.

What is wrong with Tobias Harris? Is it his contract and having a bad year? I’d prefer him to Horford. Is OPJ a good defender these days? I haven’t watched him recently. I’m trying to decide which I’d prefer between OPJ and Harris.
Harris just has a pretty absurd contract relative to how good he is. I think he'd be an awesome fit here but the concerns about the contract are valid.

Tobias is owed like $150M over the next 4 years... so that's a problem. OP is expiring next year.

We thought adding someone like Conley would do wonders for our offense. It turns out that it wasn't all that necessary. Harris is fine, it's just that you'd be getting him for his offense, which, again, doesn't seem all that necessary, and we already have Conley, Clarkson, and Bojan who are good offensive players but marginal defenders. Harris is just perpetuating what we have in spades. OPJ would be a guy who can play in crunch time and brings as much to the offensive side with his shooting ability, but brings a lot of very important stuff down the stretch with defense.

Currently our closing lineups don't have people bringing strength on both sides of the ball. Royce can be a good defender, but he's not bringing you anything on the offensive side (and I'd say OPJ is a better defender). Bojan brings great offense and clutchness, but no defense. Donovan brings great offense but average defense. Gobert brings what Gobert brings. We need a guy who can be inserted into the closing lineup for both ends, and that's OPJ. Putting Harris in a closing lineup does absolutely nothing to bolster our weaknesses, and brings nothing to the table offensively that we don't already have.

OPJ brings balance.

It’s starting to look a lot like a situation that someone should’ve had a sense not to be associated with. Especially at the epicenter.
They going to have a $50-60M luxury tax bill next season unless the nba helps them out... not a great situation.

Close your eyes and pretend this series with Harris. What changed? Our defensive limitations are still there. Did Harris add something awesome offensively? Just give all those shots that Harris would get to Bojan and OPJ, who will convert at 40+% each.

I guess I'm having a hard time getting excited about making any trade involving Conley because I don't think it will be even considered by our front office. Like I don't think for a minute DL will think about it... I think its all gonna be moves around the fringes.

I guess I'm having a hard time getting excited about making any trade involving Conley because I don't think it will be even considered by our front office. Like I don't think for a minute DL will think about it... I think its all gonna be moves around the fringes.
This is true, but we need to foment the anger now rather than embrace Stockholm Syndrome.

We thought adding someone like Conley would do wonders for our offense. It turns out that it wasn't all that necessary. Harris is fine, it's just that you'd be getting him for his offense, which, again, doesn't seem all that necessary, and we already have Conley, Clarkson, and Bojan who are good offensive players but marginal defenders. Harris is just perpetuating what we have in spades. OPJ would be a guy who can play in crunch time and brings as much to the offensive side with his shooting ability, but brings a lot of very important stuff down the stretch with defense.

Currently our closing lineups don't have people bringing strength on both sides of the ball. Royce can be a good defender, but he's not bringing you anything on the offensive side (and I'd say OPJ is a better defender). Bojan brings great offense and clutchness, but no defense. Donovan brings great offense but average defense. Gobert brings what Gobert brings. We need a guy who can be inserted into the closing lineup for both ends, and that's OPJ. Putting Harris in a closing lineup does absolutely nothing to bolster our weaknesses, and brings nothing to the table offensively that we don't already have.

OPJ brings balance.

Ok. I like this OPJ thought, which I know was who we targeted after Gordon left, but didn’t realize he was not a liability defensively. If OPJ is a better defender than Oneale, is expiring, and we exchange Conley for him then I support this move, especially if there’s any way to get Satoransky too.

Close your eyes and pretend this series with Harris. What changed? Our defensive limitations are still there. Did Harris add something awesome offensively? Just give all those shots that Harris would get to Bojan and OPJ, who will convert at 40+% each.
To be fair, Harris' defense improved noticeably, especially on perimeter.

Last edited:
I agree and the thing that sucks about it is our franchise is almost being held hostage in a way due to DL’s pride, arrogance or over-confidence that he’s the smartest guy in the room so to speak.

With all that said I have no idea what the dynamics of the front office are and it very well could be that he’s not the person upon whom I should place most of the blame, but he is the GM.

Sub Conley for OPJ, sub Bradley/Davis for Favors, add Bojan, and even add one of HH’s guys like Shaq and we’re getting HCA and winning a title.

he's risk free given he is on last year of his contract. an expiring if any thing else
In a straight swap sure... if we also throw in a first then there is some risk... I see what you are saying though.

Sub Conley for OPJ, sub Bradley/Davis for Favors, add Bojan, and even add one of HH’s guys like Shaq and we’re getting HCA and winning a title.
Shaq is this year's Caruso.