What's new

Ownership change.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
58017117.jpg

I don’t have a crystal ball but I’d guess this means we use the full MLE on Favs, re-sign JC, and give extensions to DM and Rudy... Bey he does some nice things like give college scholarships for every win... just a guess.

Didn’t we already have this discussion? Lol, idiot!!
OK, so I haven't kept up with Jazz news very well. I should have been told, indeed, by Gail herself when it first became a serious thought. She should have asked me if I wanted to make my own bid for the team, maybe even asked for my permission before going ahead.

But that's what happens when you're an old fart and people have caught on that you're already irrelevant.

I went to the thread begun Oct 28 when I was out on the streets of Berkeley CA with my MAGA hat and Trump flyers explaining how Bernie has been thrown under the Corporate Bus, and how Pelosi is owned by Xi Inc.

But what the hell.

Ryan Smith is someone I don't know, indeed hadn't heard of. Looking over what I could find on the Webz, the deal has not gone through yet. It needs some approvals and then there needs to be a meeting where money changes hands and papers are signed. But there is already the new scholarship which is apparently Ryan's idea, and not being objected to by Gail and the Millers. I don't know if that's the fact, or if I'm still missing the news everyone else just knows.

The big truth about the NBA is China's influence now, and in some sense even control, of the league. A tech company exec probably is in the groove with all that, so don't expect the Jazz to make any waves on that score.

As I understand it, it is a partial sale, maybe not even a majority stake in the corporation/trust whatever the hell makes the plays, so in effect it is a deepening of the Jazz pockets and maybe financing for some upgrades in the team and organization.

But really, I would not just expect a Mo family man with a few bucks to spare to just be out there doing anything really rad.

In short, it will be business as usual.

Anyone care to correct this assessment?

Give babe a break. Tracking all the nefarious doings of the Rothschild family is very time-consuming.
Nobody cares about the Rothschild family any more. They're inconsequential today. Like Jazz Fans generally. Bigger fish to fry.

I'm proud of my boy Donnie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.