What's new

Ownership change.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we lock this and ban babe at the same time?

Not worth the trouble.

You can put me on ignore, and so far as you can see it will be all good.

Overall, the reality of the "Cancel Culture" and "Politically Correct" thinking is a loser's sort of world. The better world is respect for others, standing up for basic human liberties. I think the NBA is going whole hog into the loser's column because of Chinese market influence/restrictions. Our film industry is now following Chinese guidelines for film content.

Our newspapers and media have significant CCP ownership now, alongside our CFR thinkers/newsmakers, and the Dem and Rino Party coalition. People like Shad who just don't want to be bothered with nonconforming thought, or jokes, or fun are quite significant in the population today, but not a majority.

This forum, for whatever purpose anyone could have besides Jazz fandom, would be a lot better if there were more differing views, and more attention to the reasons or beliefs behind those views.

I don't think this will ever rank as a "Peer-Reviewed Social Media Authority", but it could be an example of what tolerance can produce.+

I don't think my off-the-cuff questions about our Moon program really amount to anything but a spoof, but the inability of people to see the questions and deal with the realities of space exploration or colonization is a negative in our culture.

I think we should be colonizing the Moon and Mars, and maybe some asteroids. Demanding real progress in fact.

Last edited:
If you had ‘Jazz ownership change thread turning to China and the moon shenanigans’ on your JF bingo card, rejoice fellow patron.
Bingo.

Isn't that a sorta thing for retired folks, like every old folks home has one, maybe a lot of local church clubs or whatnot.

However, here in the JFC somnolescent mesmerized by Media hype set, I think we've neglected to set up a pay for a win. So it's a losing game, like the political hacks in here who still think their guy "won" the election.

Joe Biden didn't win. Trump didn't win. BigMoney won.

And even SirDonkyAss isn't BigMoney.

If you had ‘Jazz ownership change thread turning to China and the moon shenanigans’ on your JF bingo card, rejoice fellow patron.
Lol.
Should have been expected tbh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bingo.

Isn't that a sorta thing for retired folks, like every old folks home has one, maybe a lot of local church clubs or whatnot.

However, here in the JFC somnolescent mesmerized by Media hype set, I think we've neglected to set up a pay for a win. So it's a losing game, like the political hacks in here who still think their guy "won" the election.

It's kind of weird, Trumpers are always talking about the media when they seem to be the ones overwhelmingly brainwashed by it.

Bingo.

Following up on the attempt to regain the high ground, rather than banning babes and deleting threads, it would be more consistent with JFC rules if the mods passed out some fracs for sheer personal attacks.

It's not a crime to have a job or miss a thread or topic run eleven weeks ago, when I was working in California. I admit I haven't been paying attention to the Jazz season aka WhatSeason. Not a game if there aren't people in the seats, really.

As a few could recall if they ever paid attention, I ran a thread on election fraud a long time ago, and another on the "issues" after Nov 3. I also did some on Joe Biden and his China connection, which is far more relevant than any Russia/Trump connection ever was. And even Biden through his son had more payola from Russia than the law really should allow.

But we don't enforce the laws when it's "our" guy, just when it's the other guy, right.

So I was focused on the election, and it's over, right.

I know a little about the Miller family, not much really. They wouldn't ask me what I think about a business deal. I am sad to see Gail Miller being manipulated by local political interests, and that has been an issue with me. I don't think I could make the case that this shop should be concerning because of any departure from the local political climate.

I don't think Ryan Smith is much different, politically. Not a conservative of the variety folks in here would wanna take down.

The NBA as a whole is becoming very dependent on the Chinese fans who love American basketball like the leadership loves American cars like Buick. In this sense we still have a sort of cultural leadership claim.

We do human beings everywhere a disservice though not to stand high and proud for human rights like say in Hong Kong, MaCao, Taiwan, and for ethnic and religious minorities inside China.

JFC nor the Jazz are going to make that stand. Neither Gail nor Ryan.

That's not good for you.

It's kind of weird, Trumpers are always talking about the media when they seem to be the ones overwhelmingly brainwashed by it.

You have a point. However it's pretty much a viewpoint choice what "brainwashed" means. In a larger sense, it should be understood as people whose thoughts have been overwhelmed by a massive one-sided media of some sort.

The fact that a lot of people are choosing other media sources than yours doesn't raise you above the "brainwashed" class.

Cognitive dissonance is a known psychological phenomena that occurs when the information we are getting is at variance with either our beliefs or actions. Before "brainwashing" is complete, we go into cognitive dissonance. We resolve it by believing what we are being told, regardless of other facts. Or we resolve it by putting more emphasis on the raw facts. Often this makes people social outcasts of some kind, but it's one way to live that is less dependent on societal set factors.

I imagine..... well..... this goes back in literature to some of Dostoyevsky's observations...... that intellectual persuasions often contradict ordinary people's experience. Dostoyevsky was an Orthodox Christian believer with deep Russian nationalist convictions He wrote about Western-educated returnees coming back to Russia with intellectual convictions and ideals about reforming Russia. In a sense, not so different from today's college educated Americans...... progressives....... whom he believed had lost touch with their better angels or their souls somehow. His heroes were ordinary people with ordinary virtues and beliefs.

Putin today rules Russia more like a Czar. He makes a show to be at the Orthodox Church on Sunday.

Xi today rules China more like an Emperor. He is funding university Confucian centers all over this country.

Both cases are quite high on the cognitive dissonance scale if you insist on believing they are committed communists of any kind. But they are not.

And neither should we be so. We should put American ideals first.

Students today often experience cognitive dissonance when trying to be both educated and "American". The folks who go whole hog on progress are certainly leaving most of their native "American" ideals behind. Stuff like Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Belief, Equal Protection under the law, or Justice for All as some would say.

I probably don't read enough media to be seriously affected by it. Whether conservative or liberal, I always see it as propaganda really. Don't believe a damn thing.

But you apparently have a pure stream of truth you drink deeply from, and frankly, have little to say a thousand other libs aren't saying.

The reason I don't really believe the elections this year were run well in some states has more to do with statistical analysis and legal information about changes in the rules around those elections.

I was saying that there would be massive fraud well ahead of the election. I tried to tell Trump. Trump's team did not act before the election when they should have. Not anywhere near the effort they should have made.

I believe it will get more expensive for Dems or anyone to manipulate elections in the future, maybe prohibitively expensive, even for megabillionaires and the CCP.

Because most people really aren't all that brainwashed. A lot of people are turning away from propaganda "news" sources and looking for, and finding, actually accurate information.

The efforts of big social media outfits to regulate speech and belief will fail, will actually create a huge backlash.

The Jazz, if they got up on a soapbox and did a program on the Chinese government's breach of their agreement to let Hong Kong be a politically independent place, and crying out about the human rights abuses, would probably win a very large fan base, maybe ten times the LA market or the Houston Market. But the NBA now would not tolerate such exuberant moral stands.

But the whole NBA would be blacked outta China, and hundreds of millions of Chinese would find some secret place to get a video of a Jazz game. Right now, there's this thing about Bibles. People in China are ripping them apart, and making a hundred copies of each page, and sewing them into the linings of their coats. A hundred million Chinese Christians who would die for one page of the Bible. Might die for one page of the Bible, in fact.

That makes a scholarship each game a rather pitiful alternative.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Bingo.

Big money always wins. This is not a revelation. Tell me the last president we had that wasn't rich. And other than Obama tell me the last president that wasn't a rich white man. It's america, it's kind of our thing.

Big money always wins. This is not a revelation. Tell me the last president we had that wasn't rich. And other than Obama tell me the last president that wasn't a rich white man. It's america, it's kind of our thing.

Actually, this is imo an insufficient level of analysis.

When I say "BigMoney" won the election, I am taking the view of even bigger money than any President has.

Sure we have had almost all wealthy white men with connections get elected, but mostly they didn't do that with their own money, and mostly they were paid in ways other than..... in addition to..;.;. the government benefits and pay.

Trump was, in the most fundamental sense, unacceptable as a President because he was now owned by the Big Money I refer to. He did not follow the right agenda to suit the significant Big Money. A lot of Americans have become concerned in realizing that our politicians are not really listening to them, but whatever they promise they end up serving the Big Money I allege is controlling.

I'm not a great historian but I've studied a few issues. I'd have to say that Big Money has been effectively controlly since at least Lincoln. Andrew Jackson I think was out of line with the Big Money of his day. I don't like Andrew Jackson much, but he was tough. And he was moved by voter sentiment to run the Cherokees outta their homeland because a lot of whites wanted to have that land, and the gold in the riverbeds of the area. ;he was also pretty arrogant and didn't giveadamn ab out the Constitution or the people. But he was his own man.

Lincoln was picked by some British-connected NY bankers.... the Morgan and Chase sorta elites, because of his extreme anti-slavery views and rhetoric. Mind ylu, the bankers didn't giveadamn about slavery or slaves. The Brit bankers were heavily invested in the slave trade, and had recently been stung by the British folks with their boycott "No sugar in my tea" who had succeeded in outlawing slavery in Britain., and restricted the slavers. The slavers wanted to keep slavery for the South.

The slaver Brit Bankers, who are still today ruling our politics, asked Lincoln to take the Republican nomination. It was their calculation to divide the United States, with the South going on forever with slaverfy. They had agents in the military shipping US arms to the South as fast as boats could run them, right outta the Federal armories.

I think the "old money" is worried right now.

When Lincoln was elected, the South seceded immediately because Lincoln's rhetoric wa so inflammatory, being absolute about eliminating slavery entirely. The bankers who thought they owned Lincoln were disappointed right off the bat. Lincoln refused to just smile and let the South go their way. He was more committed to preserving the Union, which in Lincoln's estimation was absolutely the fundamental issue in preserving human rights for all Americans.

So Lincoln was his own man. And he was assassinated essentially for being that way. I can't think of anyone who comes close to that except in some respects John F.. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan.

I think the Big Money today has more to do with the social media giants and the CCP than the bankers or Soros or Gates even. I think that has more to do with tghe choice to run Biden than anything, and I'm pretty sure the bankers are praying for Joe to live at least 4 years..

Last edited:
Depending on your definition of rich, possibly Jimmy Carter, who I would say was extremely well off, but not disgustingly wealthy, certainly not before he was president. Ford kind of fits in there, too. But as far as having merely slightly-more-than-average wealth, Truman was notoriously broke. He's the reason they raised the presidential salary and created the presidential pension.

You have a point. However it's pretty much a viewpoint choice what "brainwashed" means. In a larger sense, it should be understood as people whose thoughts have been overwhelmed by a massive one-sided media of some sort.

The fact that a lot of people are choosing other media sources than yours doesn't raise you above the "brainwashed" class.

Cognitive dissonance is a known psychological phenomena that occurs when the information we are getting is at variance with either our beliefs or actions. Before "brainwashing" is complete, we go into cognitive dissonance. We resolve it by believing what we are being told, regardless of other facts. Or we resolve it by putting more emphasis on the raw facts. Often this makes people social outcasts of some kind, but it's one way to live that is less dependent on societal set factors.

I imagine..... well..... this goes back in literature to some of Dostoyevsky's observations...... that intellectual persuasions often contradict ordinary people's experience. Dostoyevsky was an Orthodox Christian believer with deep Russian nationalist convictions He wrote about Western-educated returnees coming back to Russia with intellectual convictions and ideals about reforming Russia. In a sense, not so different from today's college educated Americans...... progressives....... whom he believed had lost touch with their better angels or their souls somehow. His heroes were ordinary people with ordinary virtues and beliefs.

Putin today rules Russia more like a Czar. He makes a show to be at the Orthodox Church on Sunday.

Xi today rules China more like an Emperor. He is funding university Confucian centers all over this country.

Both cases are quite high on the cognitive dissonance scale if you insist on believing they are committed communists of any kind. But they are not.

And neither should we be so. We should put American ideals first.

Students today often experience cognitive dissonance when trying to be both educated and "American". The folks who go whole hog on progress are certainly leaving most of their native "American" ideals behind. Stuff like Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Belief, Equal Protection under the law, or Justice for All as some would say.

I probably don't read enough media to be seriously affected by it. Whether conservative or liberal, I always see it as propaganda really. Don't believe a damn thing.

But you apparently have a pure stream of truth you drink deeply from, and frankly, have little to say a thousand other libs aren't saying.

The reason I don't really believe the elections this year were run well in some states has more to do with statistical analysis and legal information about changes in the rules around those elections.

I was saying that there would be massive fraud well ahead of the election. I tried to tell Trump. Trump's team did not act before the election when they should have. Not anywhere near the effort they should have made.

I believe it will get more expensive for Dems or anyone to manipulate elections in the future, maybe prohibitively expensive, even for megabillionaires and the CCP.

Because most people really aren't all that brainwashed. A lot of people are turning away from propaganda "news" sources and looking for, and finding, actually accurate information.

The efforts of big social media outfits to regulate speech and belief will fail, will actually create a huge backlash.

The Jazz, if they got up on a soapbox and did a program on the Chinese government's breach of their agreement to let Hong Kong be a politically independent place, and crying out about the human rights abuses, would probably win a very large fan base, maybe ten times the LA market or the Houston Market. But the NBA now would not tolerate such exuberant moral stands.

But the whole NBA would be blacked outta China, and hundreds of millions of Chinese would find some secret place to get a video of a Jazz game. Right now, there's this thing about Bibles. People in China are ripping them apart, and making a hundred copies of each page, and sewing them into the linings of their coats. A hundred million Chinese Christians who would die for one page of the Bible. Might die for one page of the Bible, in fact.

That makes a scholarship each game a rather pitiful alternative.

Just sayin'.
However it's pretty much a viewpoint choice what "brainwashed" means.

Trump said it best. "I could shoot someone in times square and not lose any voters"

Pretty much calling his voters brainwashed sheep with that statement.
One of the few times he wasn't lying.

Cognitive dissonance is a known psychological phenomena that occurs when the information we are getting is at variance with either our beliefs or actions. Before "brainwashing" is complete, we go into cognitive dissonance. We resolve it by believing what we are being told, regardless of other facts.

Actually, this is imo an insufficient level of analysis.

When I say "BigMoney" won the election, I am taking the view of even bigger money than any President has.

Sure we have had almost all wealthy white men with connections get elected, but mostly they didn't do that with their own money, and mostly they were paid in ways other than..... in addition to..;.;. the government benefits and pay.

Trump was, in the most fundamental sense, unacceptable as a President because he was now owned by the Big Money I refer to. He did not follow the right agenda to suit the significant Big Money. A lot of Americans have become concerned in realizing that our politicians are not really listening to them, but whatever they promise they end up serving the Big Money I allege is controlling.

I'm not a great historian but I've studied a few issues. I'd have to say that Big Money has been effectively controlly since at least Lincoln. Andrew Jackson I think was out of line with the Big Money of his day. I don't like Andrew Jackson much, but he was tough. And he was moved by voter sentiment to run the Cherokees outta their homeland because a lot of whites wanted to have that land, and the gold in the riverbeds of the area. ;he was also pretty arrogant and didn't giveadamn ab out the Constitution or the people. But he was his own man.

Lincoln was picked by some British-connected NY bankers.... the Morgan and Chase sorta elites, because of his extreme anti-slavery views and rhetoric. Mind ylu, the bankers didn't giveadamn about slavery or slaves. The Brit bankers were heavily invested in the slave trade, and had recently been stung by the British folks with their boycott "No sugar in my tea" who had succeeded in outlawing slavery in Britain., and restricted the slavers. The slavers wanted to keep slavery for the South.

The slaver Brit Bankers, who are still today ruling our politics, asked Lincoln to take the Republican nomination. It was their calculation to divide the United States, with the South going on forever with slaverfy. They had agents in the military shipping US arms to the South as fast as boats could run them, right outta the Federal armories.

I think the "old money" is worried right now.

When Lincoln was elected, the South seceded immediately because Lincoln's rhetoric wa so inflammatory, being absolute about eliminating slavery entirely. The bankers who thought they owned Lincoln were disappointed right off the bat. Lincoln refused to just smile and let the South go their way. He was more committed to preserving the Union, which in Lincoln's estimation was absolutely the fundamental issue in preserving human rights for all Americans.

So Lincoln was his own man. And he was assassinated essentially for being that way. I can't think of anyone who comes close to that except in some respects John F.. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan.

I think the Big Money today has more to do with the social media giants and the CCP than the bankers or Soros or Gates even.
Jackson had a vendetta against the Indians because he had family members killed by them. He wanted to punish them; it had nothing to do with what voters thought.

If anyone is brainwashed, it's the Trump supporters who believe the election was fraudulent. While I agree that the voting rules should be streamlined so that they are federally mandated and do not differ according to state, give me some of the information based on your statistical analysis that there was fraud. Sure, we can deduce that when there are exit polls and can compare them to final tallies, but so far as I know there weren't any. Also, you realize the paper ballots were counted in the recounts and they matched up with the machines, so that means the voting machines were not hacked, and the voting boards were very careful about that and were adamant in certifying them -- and these were Republicans, in some cases Trump supporters.

So tell us, Babe, why a certified Christian like you supports a totally immoral and un-Christian person like Trump? How can you back a pathological liar, a psychopath who hasn't a bit of human compassion, who cheats on his wives with prostitutes, who has raped children, who separates babies from their mothers, who has no concern about polluting our air and water so long as it's good for the economy, need I go on. Babe, please tell us why you support such a scumbag. I want to hear your justification. Why do you support this heinous, repulsive piece of crap? Doesn't that conflict with your Christian beliefs?

Jackson had a vendetta against the Indians because he had family members killed by them. He wanted to punish them; it had nothing to do with what voters thought.

If anyone is brainwashed, it's the Trump supporters who believe the election was fraudulent. While I agree that the voting rules should be streamlined so that they are federally mandated and do not differ according to state, give me some of the information based on your statistical analysis that there was fraud. Sure, we can deduce that when there are exit polls and can compare them to final tallies, but so far as I know there weren't any. Also, you realize the paper ballots were counted in the recounts and they matched up with the machines, so that means the voting machines were not hacked, and the voting boards were very careful about that and were adamant in certifying them -- and these were Republicans, in some cases Trump supporters.

So tell us, Babe, why a certified Christian like you supports a totally immoral and un-Christian person like Trump? How can you back a pathological liar, a psychopath who hasn't a bit of human compassion, who cheats on his wives with prostitutes, who has raped children, who separates babies from their mothers, who has no concern about polluting our air and water so long as it's good for the economy, need I go on. Babe, please tell us why you support such a scumbag. I want to hear your justification. Why do you support this heinous, repulsive piece of crap? Doesn't that conflict with your Christian beliefs?
I have often found that christian beliefs are very malleable. The goalposts are easily and frequently adjusted to for the scenario.

Trumpers have been spouting off about "Benford's law" or rule or whatever. It's this thing where most numbers start with a 1, 2 or 3 and very few numbers start with 7, 8 and 9. The claim is that in places Biden won his winning numbers have a Benford violating amount of of 7s, 8s and 9s. Problem is, it has been well established that voting numbers do not follow Benford's law. This is because voting districts are usually split into specific population segment sizes and then votes are usually split between two candidates. So if a district is 10,000 people big and it goes heavily in favor of Biden then by its nature he's going to get 7,000 or more votes there. This is what they say proves there is "something fishy" going on.

Benford works great for catching financial fraud. It does not work for detecting election fraud and that has been well established.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

However it's pretty much a viewpoint choice what "brainwashed" means.

Trump said it best. "I could shoot someone in times square and not lose any voters"

Pretty much calling his voters brainwashed sheep with that statement.
One of the few times he wasn't lying.

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

If Trump said that, most of his base would think it was a joke. But a stupid joke and not true at all.

OK, so I Googled the quote. No Mainstream source, no video of the statement. One local paper attributed the reference to another Republican speaking at a rally, still a pretty stupid thing to say no matter how enthusiastic anyone can be. I think it was really an exaggeration about how solid Trump's support base is.

I found two other things that brought up the quote, but they were minor sources of Leftwing bias, with no source or proof.

So your allegation is baseless, with no proof, and honestly I think it doesn't do you any credit to believe it. If he had said that, it would have been headline news and the lead clip in every anti-Trump biased news program.

Most of Trump's support in the media will criticize Trump when he says something that stupid.

Last edited:

If Trump said that, most of his base would think it was a joke. But a stupid joke and not true at all.
He was half-joking. It shows though how arrogant he is. You realize he was suggesting that he is above the law.

Trumpers have been spouting off about "Benford's law" or rule or whatever. It's this thing where most numbers start with a 1, 2 or 3 and very few numbers start with 7, 8 and 9. The claim is that in places Biden won his winning numbers have a Benford violating amount of of 7s, 8s and 9s. Problem is, it has been well established that voting numbers do not follow Benford's law. This is because voting districts are usually split into specific population segment sizes and then votes are usually split between two candidates. So if a district is 10,000 people big and it goes heavily in favor of Biden then by its nature he's going to get 7,000 or more votes there. This is what they say proves there is "something fishy" going on.

Benford works great for catching financial fraud. It does not work for detecting election fraud and that has been well established.

This guy is probably the best, certainly my favorite, popular mathematician (if such a thing can be said to exist) currently working. Here, he explains it pretty well:

L

OK, so I Googled the quote. No Mainstream source, no video of the statement. One local paper attributed the reference to another Republican speaking at a rally, still a pretty stupid thing to say no matter how enthusiastic anyone can be. I think it was really an exaggeration about how solid Trump's support base is.

I found two other things that brought up the quote, but they were minor sources of Leftwing bias, with no source or proof.

So your allegation is baseless, with no proof, and honestly I think it doesn't do you any credit to believe it. If he had said that, it would have been headline news and the lead clip in every anti-Trump biased news program.

Most of Trump's support in the media will criticize Trump when he says something that stupid.
I love how dumb you are! Keep it up! I know you're just getting off on any attention so here you go!

By the way this room me less then 10 seconds to find on Google.

But in voting arrears with 20k or thirty k votes cast, Biden would get a confroming result in the tens thousands. Anyone who is actually a statistician knows how to deal with these cases.

Blocks of votes coming in with 99% Biden results is another matter entirely.

Basically, the Dominion sort of fudging algorithm allegation is that oh 1% of Trump votes are switched to Biden by the machine and maybe 1% of fictitious votes are added in, in a manner that is designed to just not be noticed. In heavy Republican areas mainly.

The other kind of systematic miscount is what could be done if poll watchers aren't able to watch. Just pull some ballots outta your *** and throw some others down the toilet.

Another is systematically placing more vote collection boxes in heavy democrat areas, and closing down some places in republican areas.

And besides all that, the mail ballots with no verification of signatures or chain of custody are so damn easy to just do fraudulently.

And when you go into some key areas and heavily support very extreme partisan candidates for posts like prosecutor or some office in government, or elected judges, and set up a strong local support for your project, you can count on nothing being investigated thoroughly.

But still, all in all, the Republicans are dunces when it comes to this business, and they get scammed a thousand ways from Sunday every election. And that's their problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.