What's new

P90x

Wish I would have seen this thread before I started anothe P90X thread today. I actually am just one week in, and I didn't think I was going to make it. I was alway really fit and quite defined up until about I got married and the Mrs started pumping out little people. Anyways I'm about 175 but should probably be closer to 160. First week was brutal. I guess there are two methods of thought on how to start it out. 1) go at your own pace, but finish the workouts, or 2) go as hard as you can until you physically can't do it anymore. I went for method #2 and for the first 5 workouts I only got about halfway through, but I got all the way through Kenpo. I'd have to say that Yoga may have been my favorite workout so far, but I'm looking to get back to doing chest/back tomorrow. Honestly I think I may have lost 1 lb so far, but I feel a lot stronger and more flexible already.

I'm not following the meal plan but I'm basiclly cutting out all carbs for the foreseeable future.

Wish I would have seen this thread before I started anothe P90X thread today. I actually am just one week in, and I didn't think I was going to make it. I was alway really fit and quite defined up until about I got married and the Mrs started pumping out little people. Anyways I'm about 175 but should probably be closer to 160. First week was brutal. I guess there are two methods of thought on how to start it out. 1) go at your own pace, but finish the workouts, or 2) go as hard as you can until you physically can't do it anymore. I went for method #2 and for the first 5 workouts I only got about halfway through, but I got all the way through Kenpo. I'd have to say that Yoga may have been my favorite workout so far, but I'm looking to get back to doing chest/back tomorrow. Honestly I think I may have lost 1 lb so far, but I feel a lot stronger and more flexible already.

I'm not following the meal plan but I'm basiclly cutting out all carbs for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I started up again too, but this time I am taking baby steps. For the diet, I would suggest watching portion size as well. It's as important as carbs.

Yeah I started up again too, but this time I am taking baby steps. For the diet, I would suggest watching portion size as well. It's as important as carbs.

Are you an advocate of the 6 smaller meals or just do the regular 3 meals, but still make those 3 meals "smaller"?

Are you an advocate of the 6 smaller meals or just do the regular 3 meals, but still make those 3 meals "smaller"?

I would suggest the 6 smaller meals. I don't do p90X, but I do workout a lot and have gone through quite the physical transformation in the past 5 months or so, and would definitely say smaller meals (but more of them) can be very helpful if you're trying to burn fat. It's not the only way to do it by any means, but it definitely works, and seems to be what all nutritionists recommend these days.

I would suggest the 6 smaller meals. I don't do p90X, but I do workout a lot and have gone through quite the physical transformation in the past 5 months or so, and would definitely say smaller meals (but more of them) can be very helpful if you're trying to burn fat. It's not the only way to do it by any means, but it definitely works, and seems to be what all nutritionists recommend these days.

Give me an example of a smaller meal that you might have for lunch?

Give me an example of a smaller meal that you might have for lunch?

Depends on the situation. If you're at work and need something quick, then things like Lean Pockets and Cup of Noodles only have about 300 calories in them. But, if you have a bit of time to actually make something, then something I like to make is chicken breast with a baked potato (just pepper on it) and a veggie. A general way to measure the size of you meal that I've heard many times is the eye ball test: it should be like 1 1/2 the size of your fist...just a basic idea.

https://www.calories-in-foods.com/calories-in-vegetables.php#carrots

I've found sites like that ^^ to be helpful in counting calories. When losing weight, a general plan I used sometimes was 4 meals a day, each consisting of 350-400 calories, along with "negative calorie" snacks in between like carrots, lettuce and other fruits and veggies.

Hope I helped.

I'm using P90X exercises in my personal workout program for almost two months now. I can easily say that it will be very helpful if you practise regularly. It even may not be necessary to change your diet as long as you don't eat more than you eat now. Of course the better diet/nutrition, the better results. I wish you a strong motivation and good results margo.

Not that any of you care, but just finished week 3. Down 6 lbs and I'm starting to finish more workouts than not. I'm still yet to get through Plyo and Legs/Back.

Not that any of you care, but just finished week 3. Down 6 lbs and I'm starting to finish more workouts than not. I'm still yet to get through Plyo and Legs/Back.

Awesome!

Apparently Congressman Ryan does P90X and has started a P90X program on Capitol Hill with 23 members of Congress participating. Ryan is reportedly at 6%-8% body fat.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-08-13/paul-ryan-fitness/57039866/1

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/178...x-workout/?playlist_id=87185&intcmp=obnetwork

The country may be going to hell in a hand basket but its leaders will be buff bad asses!!