What's new

P90x

I am still doing Yoga X on a regular basis, but that's as far as I got into P90x. I have lost 35 lbs in the last 5 months though, and have ridiculous flexibility for a man of my size. Before I started I was about 6 inches from being able to touch my toes, now I can put my fists on the ground in front of me. I can actually see my willy. Life is good. Yoga X > Science

Lost weight and got a microscope, nice!

I tried it with a magnifying glass but didn't realize the sun was shining in through my bathroom window. Let's just say I know what a vasectomy smells like now.

It sounds like you came this close to doing the world a favor.

So I just started my 3rd week of Insanity. Stuff is literally insane, it's fun though. These workouts are actually starting to feel easier, so I can't wait to get to the 2nd month where the intensity is supposed to really pick up.

By the end of my 2nd week, I had already lost 10 lbs. I'm actually eating less than the diet suggests, mainly because the combination of the energy supplement I'm taking and working out decreases my appetite. So I'm about halfway to my weight loss goal after 2 weeks, straight up nuts if you ask me. Getting some nice tone and definition, will probably try p90x after I get done with this. Hardest part is definitely the diet though, that takes work.

Way to go hantlers. It is tough but worth it.

I keep hurting myself. First a while ago I stepped on my dog and sprained my ankle really good. Then last week I fell off the deck and hurt my back (reinjured a weak disk), so I have been out of commission for a while. The really bad news is I did not save the hamburgers, they hit the ground with me, but I kept the plate from breaking, so that is a plus. But I keep at the P90 as I can, and I am slowly getting there. The key is never give up, keep getting back at it again.

I keep hurting myself. First a while ago I stepped on my dog and sprained my ankle really good. Then last week I fell off the deck and hurt my back (reinjured a weak disk), so I have been out of commission for a while. The really bad news is I did not save the hamburgers, they hit the ground with me, but I kept the plate from breaking, so that is a plus. But I keep at the P90 as I can, and I am slowly getting there. The key is never give up, keep getting back at it again.

Homer, is that you??

Homer, is that you??

OK actually the full story is pretty funny, but at the time it was scary, at least from my wife's perspective. Our deck is about 3 feet off the ground with a bench surround instead of a rail, so probably 4 1/2 feet at the level of the bench. My 9 year old daughter was bringing me a plate with burgers on it to be cooked on the grill. She didn't pay attention and caught her foot on a chair and fell, dropping the plate onto the bench. I turned and saw it sliding and jumped for it. I caught the edge of the plate as both of us (me and the plate, not my daughter) sailed over the bench out of sight. That is the view my wife got through the patio door, me shooting over the bench off the deck, plate of burgers in hand. I spun in the air and landed flat on my back, holding the plate straight up in the air, burgers raining down. And I do mean raining, we were feeding 6 missionaries that night so we had enough beef for an army. My stupid dogs loved it and I got a pomeranian in the groin as a bonus as she leaped off the deck after the raw meat.

Good times, good times.

What's Insanity?

Similar to P90.

https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

The INSANITY workout might just be the hardest fitness program ever put on DVD. Your personal trainer Shaun T will push you past your limits with 10 INSANITY® workout discs packed with plyometric drills on top of nonstop intervals of strength, power, resistance, and ab and core training moves. No equipment or weights needed. Just the will to get the hardest body you’ve ever had.

A friend of mine who is now making a living with beachbody recommended I do P90 first then insanity if I really want to get fit.

Yeah, I don't mind doing it now...I'm more worried about what I'm going to do after the program is done. I'm really not a big fan of running for long distances, so I'm thinkin once college starts again I'll just play basketball 2-3 times a week for a couple hours and lift lighter weights for tone.

Hi guys, I have questions about this P90X workout, apparently there are a lot of folks here familiar with it.

You know, I'm a very small guy at 5'6" and 150 lbs, I've never been close with any kind of sport or this kind workout programs etc. I'm 20 and I have a boring student life which is about to get a summer break soon. I'd like to do some kind of workout since I finally decide to get a better body, you know I've always been treated as a small, weak, feeble guy by others and now I want to break it.

My main question is, would this workout be helpful about this situation? Plus, is it a disadvantage being a small person for this workout -I don't think I'll be good with the weights etc?