What's new

P90x

So I'm taking the plunge, P90X'ing it. At 6'00" and 164 lbs I'm in fine shape, but I could tone up a bit and from what I understand, this program does wonders. Anybody else tried this out? If so, did you prefer resistance bands or free weights? Anyway, I'll keep you folks updated on my voyage of sexiness.

So I'm taking the plunge, P90X'ing it. At 6'00" and 164 lbs I'm in fine shape, but I could tone up a bit and from what I understand, this program does wonders. Anybody else tried this out? If so, did you prefer resistance bands or free weights? Anyway, I'll keep you folks updated on my voyage of sexiness.

I like just using free weights and the pull up bar. Also get some push up bars too and a mat if you don't have one. I am doing it again right now for the second time. It gets all my winter/christmas softness off. Just make sure you realize that its very time consuming since you have to do it everyday. I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning so I can get the whole workout in before work.

I am starting in a couple weeks myself. I am getting my P90x system from my friend. Here is his profile:

https://teambeachbody.com/coachmarc

Real before and after photos and now he is doing this for a living. I don't care about that part, but at 6'2" and 300 lbs I am a big boy that needs to become a littler boy. Hoping to get close to my heyday (6'2" and 210 lbs.)

I am starting in a couple weeks myself. I am getting my P90x system from my friend. Here is his profile:

https://teambeachbody.com/coachmarc

Real before and after photos and now he is doing this for a living. I don't care about that part, but at 6'2" and 300 lbs I am a big boy that needs to become a littler boy. Hoping to get close to my heyday (6'2" and 210 lbs.)

I did it for a while but stopped. I would like to start it back up soon though. I don't plan on doing the plyometrics part cause that hurt my back and the yoga part was practically impossible for me. Other than that, it worked great, it's just really time consuming. It takes dedication, but doesn't require a full 5 months of hard lifting.

I did it for a while but stopped. I would like to start it back up soon though. I don't plan on doing the plyometrics part cause that hurt my back and the yoga part was practically impossible for me. Other than that, it worked great, it's just really time consuming. It takes dedication, but doesn't require a full 5 months of hard lifting.

Yea I agree, I just doubled up on the stretching dvds and cardioX to replace those two. Plyometrics is too extreme for me.

Funny I took the plunge and bought it but almost right after got back into coaching, which got me back into lifting and the glorious recumbent bike. So it collects dust and gets loaned to friends. I may have tried the flexibility one once. Buthave heard good things about it. I think the diet part is probably the most important for most folks.

Props to anybody that sticks it out. I know a few people that have tried it, but none of them actually made it through. The actual being inside your house and working out part would be why I would probably quit it. I have to go outside in the fresh air and run, maybe find a schoolyard where I can do some pullups/pushups/situps every few days, or else I get bored. I did some of the other Tony Horton videos a few years back because my dad liked them, but they just felt uncomfortable to me, and not in a good healthy way. That's really the key to me. I used to hate ab workouts because I was always advised to do weird ****. As soon as I just searched more comfortable exercises and varied the reps, I got ripped pretty quickly.

I did it for like 2 months a while back and still bang out some of the P90x workouts a couple times a week now days just to try and stay in shape a bit this winter. It definitely works if you stick with it though, I was quite a bit stronger after just two months, but unfortunately I've lot most of that by now.

The thing that helps is after you have done each DVD once you know the routine. So just turn it on silent and listen to your own tunes. Hearing the same lame jokes and music gets really old. Your own music will help you stick to it.

I hate it, but I love it.
I like to bring it.
They are good workouts that you can tailor to your own needs and level.
I like the "Ab Ripper 339" just because I need to lose my gut, and it works.
I usually use the free weights, but unlike some of you I like the Plyometrics, even though it is a beast.
I am usually most sore after the core.... and the diet is important.
I like it even though it is time consuming.... I guess anything worthwhile should take time.

Week 1

It's official, this program is tough. I have been as stiff as a board all week, but I am loosening up a little recently. The workouts are odd in that they make me try awkward moves that I would never think of, but it's efficient in that I am working muscles that I have never worked before. I never feel like any particular muscle has been strained to the point of deep soreness that I would get when I weight trained, but I am just sore all over now. I think this is the point of the program, becoming legitimately fit, not just for aesthetics, but performance.

I really like the chest, back, and legs workouts because I get to use weights. Also, they end the workouts with 16 minutes of "ab ripper x" which is pure mid-section torture. However, easily the toughest workouts are plyometrics and yoga. Plyometrics is jump training and I literally am dripping buckets of sweat by the end of it, one word: brutal. Yoga is the opposite, slow movements, and holding awkward positions for elongated periods, same thing though, sweating buckets of sweat at the end. Finally, even Kenpo is pretty taxing if you put 100% effort into it.

It has only been one week, but already I can tell my muscles are starting to adapt. There is a little pump going on in my triceps and biceps, I think my upper abs a little more evident than when I started and don't even get me started about my ding dong. Today was my break , but tomorrow I start up week 2. Let you guys know how that goes.

Seacrest.... out.

P90x scares the hell out of me. I defeintely need to lose some weight and get back into shape, but even though they advertise it like anyone can do it I've read what it is and I'd rather start with their P90 program instead.

Week 1

It's official, this program is tough. I have been as stiff as a board all week, but I am loosening up a little recently. The workouts are odd in that they make me try awkward moves that I would never think of, but it's efficient in that I am working muscles that I have never worked before. I never feel like any particular muscle has been strained to the point of deep soreness that I would get when I weight trained, but I am just sore all over now. I think this is the point of the program, becoming legitimately fit, not just for aesthetics, but performance.

I really like the chest, back, and legs workouts because I get to use weights. Also, they end the workouts with 16 minutes of "ab ripper x" which is pure mid-section torture. However, easily the toughest workouts are plyometrics and yoga. Plyometrics is jump training and I literally am dripping buckets of sweat by the end of it, one word: brutal. Yoga is the opposite, slow movements, and holding awkward positions for elongated periods, same thing though, sweating buckets of sweat at the end. Finally, even Kenpo is pretty taxing if you put 100% effort into it.

It has only been one week, but already I can tell my muscles are starting to adapt. There is a little pump going on in my triceps and biceps, I think my upper abs a little more evident than when I started and don't even get me started about my ding dong. Today was my break , but tomorrow I start up week 2. Let you guys know how that goes.

Seacrest.... out.

If I pay you will you take TroutFat under your wing?

I've always thought that troutbum is somewhat svelte.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

sminigo1.jpeg

Week 2

Cheated a little during this week. Because we started p90 on a Wednesday, my roommate and I decided to get the weekly routine on track so that the first workout started on a Sunday, so we did the first three workouts (chest and back, plyometrics, arms and shoulders) twice in a week. Also, on Friday night I consumed 5 alcoholic beverages, which is not part of the meal plan.

I'm really starting to feel in great shape. The stiffness is gone now but I still feel sore after every workout. My strength is increasing quite a bit and I am keeping up much better in yoga and ab ripper x. Finally, my body is starting to change visually. I'm amazed at how quickly this program is working. Granted, I have always eaten right because as a graduate student, I lead a fairly sedentary life style, but I have not been really toned since I quit lifting. I'm getting pretty excited about this program and am going to continue to see how far I can take this.

Oh I forgot about this thread. I have 2 weeks under my belt too (lol....pun) and so far so good. It is all dependent on how hard you work it. I have lost almost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. For some reason thought it would come off faster (I started at 303 lbs.). The biggest thing is after 2 weeks I feel like I can walk further without getting out of breath. Have been seeing my doctor regarding blood pressure. It will be interesting to see what it is at now after a couple weeks of P90. I notice I have fewer headaches which my doctor said were probably blood pressure related.