What's new

P90x

Hi guys, I have questions about this P90X workout, apparently there are a lot of folks here familiar with it.

You know, I'm a very small guy at 5'6" and 150 lbs, I've never been close with any kind of sport or this kind workout programs etc. I'm 20 and I have a boring student life which is about to get a summer break soon. I'd like to do some kind of workout since I finally decide to get a better body, you know I've always been treated as a small, weak, feeble guy by others and now I want to break it.

My main question is, would this workout be helpful about this situation? Plus, is it a disadvantage being a small person for this workout -I don't think I'll be good with the weights etc?

Hey man, I hate to say it, but you will not get overly big doing P90x. It is, however, a great workout for getting you into the best conditioning of your life. If you commit to it, you will eat better, your body will feel better, and you will look better. I lost a little weight, I did gain some strength, especially in terms of strength/weight ratio (could do tons of pull-ups, push ups, etc.) and I had incredible endurance (I replaced the aerobic workouts with one-hour runs every other day). So I would recommend it if you are interested in just getting into great shape. If you want to bulk, this is not the best workout plan for your purposes.

Good luck dude, and don't forget to send shirtless pics if you do end up doing the full 90 days and still send some if you don't.

Hey man, I hate to say it, but you will not get overly big doing P90x. It is, however, a great workout for getting you into the best conditioning of your life. If you commit to it, you will eat better, your body will feel better, and you will look better. I lost a little weight, I did gain some strength, especially in terms of strength/weight ratio (could do tons of pull-ups, push ups, etc.) and I had incredible endurance (I replaced the aerobic workouts with one-hour runs every other day). So I would recommend it if you are interested in just getting into great shape. If you want to bulk, this is not the best workout plan for your purposes.

Good luck dude, and don't forget to send shirtless pics if you do end up doing the full 90 days and still send some if you don't.

Have you posted any pics of yourself?

I am working out everyday and taking not one but 2 weight gain/protein shakes a day in a hail marry attempt to gain 20-30 pounds.

Thanks man for the answer, honestly I don't want to add too much weigth or like bulking up my body. I mean I am not a fan of the body building stuff etc. Obviously I'm not overweight at 150 lbs either but my body doesn't look strong or fit or though. I mean, I have girly arms(please don't laugh:)), skinny legs, weak shoulders and I think my weight lies on mostly my upper legs and my belly. My body fat is probably over 25%, and probably it's the main reason I look weak. However I want to seem more tough, and of course to be more strong and in a good shape.

As of now I can roughly do 20 push ups, 20 sit ups and 1 or 2 good form pull ups. In short, I'm looking for to reduce my body fat, shape my shoulders, enlarge my biceps -isn't 12 inches pathetic for the biceps?- and gain overall strength. Of course a six pack core and a better cardio would be welcomed by me.

So would P90X help to reach this goals or is there any other workout program which could be helpful? Because whatever the workout is I'm sure I will be dedicated this summer and after on to make some changes, finally in my life.

Thanks man for the answer, honestly I don't want to add too much weigth or like bulking up my body. I mean I am not a fan of the body building stuff etc. Obviously I'm not overweight at 150 lbs either but my body doesn't look strong or fit or though. I mean, I have girly arms(please don't laugh:)), skinny legs, weak shoulders and I think my weight lies on mostly my upper legs and my belly. My body fat is probably over 25%, and probably it's the main reason I look weak. However I want to seem more tough, and of course to be more strong and in a good shape.

As of now I can roughly do 20 push ups, 20 sit ups and 1 or 2 good form pull ups. In short, I'm looking for to reduce my body fat, shape my shoulders, enlarge my biceps -isn't 12 inches pathetic for the biceps?- and gain overall strength. Of course a six pack core and a better cardio would be welcomed by me.

So would P90X help to reach this goals or is there any other workout program which could be helpful? Because whatever the workout is I'm sure I will be dedicated this summer and after on to make some changes, finally in my life.

Sounds like P90 is what you are looking for, you should do it, but commit to it. It is a full lifestyle change, if you don't do the diet, and are not consistent/pushing yourself, it will not work. Good luck man, and good for you for going after what you want.

Not to mean to bother you more but what's the difference between the P90 and P90X?

It is. You should see PKMs ***, ripped indeed.

Glutes.jpg