What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

Okay, so there may be a reasonable path left for the Lakers to grab 6th. They need to win out, though (not in all scenarios, but any with a reasonable chance). They play Rockets, Pacers, and Pelicans. Portland would need to drop 2/3 out of us, Phoenix, and Denver remaining, which could be very possible. That or Dallas dropping 2/3 Pelicans, Raptors, and Timberwolves.

Okay, so there may be a reasonable path left for the Lakers to grab 6th. They need to win out, though (not in all scenarios, but any with a reasonable chance). They play Rockets, Pacers, and Pelicans. Portland would need to drop 2/3 out of us, Phoenix, and Denver remaining, which could be very possible. That or Dallas dropping 2/3 Pelicans, Raptors, and Timberwolves.

Was just looking at this. Most likely scenario is Lakers at 6 and Blazers in the play in game.

Lakers/Clippers 1st round matchup.

Crazier things have happened. But I think it's most likely we play the loser of GS Lakers first play in game. But there are a lot of different scenarios that could happen

I think the Suns are gassed from chasing the 1 seed so hard the last few weeks. Very tough, road heavy schedule. The last couple weeks their defense looks like a shell of what it normally is.

I'll take it.

If Lebron is healthy they won't need bats. That will be a conference finals level opponent. If you're not afraid of the lakers you're crazy imo. There is a reason they are the one team no one wants to play. Lebron and Davis will do whatever they want all series and they will get every call if it's cllose. You're going to have entire league and sports media setting up a heroic lakers topple 1 seed narrative. It'll be humiliating, and just our luck.
I was reminded of that with the way that the Lakers beat the Suns a couple days ago. Exactly the way they won the title last year - Bully Ball pure and simple. They disrupted the Phoenix offense, they got into the heads of Paul and Booker, Nobody could slow down Davis; Drummond outmuscled Ayton, KCP, TNT and Caruso ran down every loose ball and Lebron didn't even play. Not a finesse team like the Warriors were or the Jazz are presently - we look like a bunch of choir boys in comparison. I think it was Isaiah Thomas that said prior to the Warriors game on Monday that the Jazz don't intimidate anybody. The same can't be said for the Lakers unfortunately.

They may not even want that with the way that they dismantled the Suns a couple days ago. I think we present a tougher out for them with Gobert in the paint.

I was reminded of that with the way that the Lakers beat the Suns a couple days ago. Exactly the way they won the title last year - Bully Ball pure and simple. They disrupted the Phoenix offense, they got into the heads of Paul and Booker, Nobody could slow down Davis; Drummond outmuscled Ayton, KCP, TNT and Caruso ran down every loose ball and Lebron didn't even play. Not a finesse team like the Warriors were or the Jazz are presently - we look like a bunch of choir boys in comparison. I think it was Isaiah Thomas that said prior to the Warriors game on Monday that the Jazz don't intimidate anybody. The same can't be said for the Lakers unfortunately.
Isaiah said it but like most things he said it isn't true. Teams haven't been afraid of the Lakers this season. Teams have definitely been worried about getting embarrassed by the Jazz this year. The playoffs might change that, but there's an easy fix to that, beat teams. Teams have had very poor body language against the Jazz when we hit multiple big shots.

Also, nobody likes going against Gobert. That's a pretty well established fact for a few seasons.

Agree totally--watching that Lakers/Suns game was chilling. Yeah playing Golden State in the first round kinda sucks, but we will win that series. If the Jazz didn't it would be on them. Lakers are the defending champs. And Lebron is going to be healthy.

Imagine the scenario: Lakers match up with Jazz or Phoenix in the first round. The Lakers come in and win the first game. the media goes into a frenzy, there's wall to wall coverage. The pressure turns up. Lebron gets up to his antics. You know Jazz or Phoenix would go into pure panic mode. I want to play them as late as possible. Let the jazz get going and gain confidence. Let the Lakers get worn out after a few intense series.

Isaiah said it but like most things he said it isn't true. Teams haven't been afraid of the Lakers this season. Teams have definitely been worried about getting embarrassed by the Jazz this year. The playoffs might change that, but there's an easy fix to that, beat teams. Teams have had very poor body language against the Jazz when we hit multiple big shots.

Also, nobody likes going against Gobert. That's a pretty well established fact for a few seasons.
Yeah, I thought it was disrespectful of Thomas. And no doubt you have a valid point in regard to our ability to put points on the board while Gobert protects the rim on the other side. Still, in terms of a visceral, physical intimidation factor, beyond x's and o's and scoreboard pressure, the Lakers still out-tower, out-weigh and out-muscle every team in the league IMO. And because of that, they present a lot of match-up problems.

PS Not saying we can't beat them, but assuming Lebron, Drummond and Davis are healthy it's going to require a Villanova/Georgetown 1985 effort to make it happen. And over a seven game series.

Last edited:
Agree totally--watching that Lakers/Suns game was chilling. Yeah playing Golden State in the first round kinda sucks, but we will win that series. If the Jazz didn't it would be on them. Lakers are the defending champs. And Lebron is going to be healthy.

Imagine the scenario: Lakers match up with Jazz or Phoenix in the first round. The Lakers come in and win the first game. the media goes into a frenzy, there's wall to wall coverage. The pressure turns up. Lebron gets up to his antics. You know Jazz or Phoenix would go into pure panic mode. I want to play them as late as possible. Let the jazz get going and gain confidence. Let the Lakers get worn out after a few intense series.
Absolutely!!! Brooklyn has star power, but the Lakers are still the team to beat because they have proven chemistry and glue guys like KCP, Caruso, Kuzma and Shroder.

I feel like we're playing Russian Roullete and managed to engage another empty chamber. The fact that Conley said on record recently that it's not that serious leads me to believe that Quin and upper management has decided to roll the dice to ensure that he and Mitchell are healthy for the playoffs. When you look at all the power stacked on the other side of the bracket, it's a dangerous game we are playing............................and yet one step closer to cashing in on that bet!!!
Yep it's a risk but it looks like we are going to cash out on it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Even if the Lakers win in OT, I don’t see them catching Portland. I think both Lakers and GSW go to the play-in and I’m not particularly enthused about either in the first round. I’d really like SAS or MEM.
Might just get San Antonio or memphis

If Lebron is healthy they won't need bats. That will be a conference finals level opponent. If you're not afraid of the lakers you're crazy imo. There is a reason they are the one team no one wants to play. Lebron and Davis will do whatever they want all series and they will get every call if it's cllose. You're going to have entire league and sports media setting up a heroic lakers topple 1 seed narrative. It'll be humiliating, and just our luck.
Jazz will hit their 20 threes per game on 40% shooting in 4 of the games and use that honecourt advantage

See, I'm going to cheer for this and BOTH Dallas and Portland are going to drop 2 out of 3. Lakers get the 5 seed. . .