What's new

Pick is Gordon Hayward; ESA crowd boos

Aw, whatever happened to Armchairstrategy? Is he still riding Fesenko's jock? He was either a huge troll or a hack.

He's weak, not particularly quick, and a poor defender. He's not gonna help Utah much more than Ed Davis would've. Should've gone with Davis.

We'll be sorry when Davis is a starter in five years (for someone else) and Hayward is a Koveresque 7th man at best.

Oh, and the Jazz just confirmed the stereotypes.

lol

I can't believe I'm longing for Luke Babbit or Cole Aldrich right now. No homo.

Granted, Paul George made all star team, but given than some of the no homos here were longing for Babbit and Aldrich (who average combined 4 ppg right now) Jazz made a good pick in Hayward. I also wonder if Paul George was forced to play behind pathetic scrubs like Marvin Williams getting less than 30 mins per game, would he be an all star right now? Would he even be able to average Haywards numbers had he been stranded by Corbin behind inferior veteran?

Granted, Paul George made all star team, but given than some of the no homos here were longing for Babbit and Aldrich (who average combined 4 ppg right now) Jazz made a good pick in Hayward. I also wonder if Paul George was forced to play behind pathetic scrubs like Marvin Williams getting less than 30 mins per game, would he be an all star right now? Would he even be able to average Haywards numbers had he been stranded by Corbin behind inferior veteran?

In the 11-12 season hayward averaged 30.4 minutes and in 12-13 he averaged 29.2. So Hayward has gotten playing time. I am a Hayward fan as much as the next guy but if we are going to talk about him let's at least be honest with what we are saying.

In the 11-12 season hayward averaged 30.4 minutes and in 12-13 he averaged 29.2. So Hayward has gotten playing time. I am a Hayward fan as much as the next guy but if we are going to talk about him let's at least be honest with what we are saying.

Your post seems uneducated. What was dishonest? I am pointing out that unlike Paul George, Hayward's minutes have gone down this year and he was forced to be a back-up to inferior vet, and I was wondering how George would respond in similar situation - I doubt he would be an all star. You come back agreeing with me that Hayward's minutes have gone down from 30.4 he got last year to 29.2 (while George's PT increased 30%), and then make rather absurd conclusion about dishonesty. Educate yourself first, and come up with a response that makes some sense.

Your post seems uneducated. What was dishonest? I am pointing out that unlike Paul George Haywards minutes have gone down and he was forced to be a back-up to inferior vet, and I was was wondering how George would respond in similar situation - I doubt he would be an all star. You come back agreeing with me that Hayward's minutes have gone down (while George's PT increased 30%), and then make rather absurd conclusion about dishonesty. Educate yourself first, and come up with a response that makes some sense.

Why so angry? As for the last sentence, well now you are just acting like a child.

He's weak, not particularly quick, and a poor defender. He's not gonna help Utah much more than Ed Davis would've. Should've gone with Davis.

We'll be sorry when Davis is a starter in five years (for someone else) and Hayward is a Koveresque 7th man at best.

Oh, and the Jazz just confirmed the stereotypes.

I love looking at these Hayward threads. Furkan hilarious.

Love the first page of this thread. Lot's of hate for "whitey."

I hated the hayward pick because I was sure paul george and larry sanders were better than hayward. Thats not hindsight that was before the draft

I hated the hayward pick because I was sure paul george and larry sanders were better than hayward. Thats not hindsight that was before the draft

Larry Sanders is not better than Hayward, and like I said earlier, I would really like to see Paul George getting his minutes reduced from last year (when his and Haywards production was almost identical) to below 30 and sticking him on the bench behind inferior veteran player. Corbin just completely mishandled Hayward, similarly to how Sloan stuck Deron behind likes of Palacio and McLead. In the meantime George got his minutes increased by over 30% and had a solid starting role without having to worry about coming off the bench behind some inferior veteran scrub. Given same opportunities Hayward performed on par with all start George. Being stuck on the bench (even though he was clearly a better player than the starter) he simply could not replicate production of someone playing 10 mpg more - but he did really well in that role and his per minute production is just as good.

Pretty funny that in the first pages nobody was sceaming "We passed on Paul George"???

Indeed. Mostly it was that we picked a sure bust, and just about anyone else would be better. Now in 3d year Hayward's performance is top 5 in that draft, and could be even better if not for Corbin impending his progress last year by reducing minutes from year before and making him come off the bench behind a veteran scrub.

That's because I'm the only one who liked him.

I read the thread, and I don't see you advocating for Paul George. I see InGameStrategy mentioning George as an alternative, but he also mentioned Babbit as well. It was more of Hayward being a bust rather than George being amazing prospect. Or you mean you like to say now in retrospect that you knew George would be great - after you already know he made all star team?

We should never Boo till the Jury is out.

My new philosophy is never Boo a Jazzman on draft night, or when he returns on another team. I want the NBA to know we love players who play hard and are willing to give a new guy a chance and be gracious to our former friends when they move on.

I will boo lazy effort, and poor performance. Bad refs, jerks on the other team who make hard fouls, and Derek Fisher.