What's new

Playoff Game 3: Jazz vs Clippers 8pm Mountain Time ESPN 2

IDK about that. I'd like to see us just run 1 post up for Favors. Make him feel like he is a part of the offense and not just a body to try to slow down DeAndre. Not involving a player at all to give him confidence is something that come back to bite you in the *** when that player goes to the FT line in a pressure situation.

A Favors post up?

Using... what move? Have Hayward or Joe Johnson set a pick for him in the block? What happens when Diaw's man cheats to clog the paint? A turnover?

Favors lack of a post up move is one of his most glaring problems. Probably not smart now that his knees are hurting to try and post up one of the best defenders in the league.

Besides, Favors isn't a post up player. Never has been. He's a pick and dunk/pop a jumper from the FT line player. The jazz are using him appropriately. He isn't getting the ball off the roll because Diaw's defender can cheat over/doesn't have to worry about Diaw cutting

Anyone who thinks running a post up play for Favors just isn't educated in basketball. If we want to turn the ball over/have the ball swatted I guess we could post up DJ using favors. But is that what we want?

The key here has got to be Lyles. Especially if Spates or Pierce is going to take Griffin's place. We need a quicker offensive player who can stretch the defense out and using athleticism, drive to the basket.

Right now Boris is utterly useless. The clippers don't worry about his drive or shot. He gives us zero rebounding or defense.

Favors, when energized, can at least score under the hoop and give us defense.

The key has got to be Lyles. He needs to be given burn to at least threaten flat footed spates/Pierce. As it is right now we are literally playing 3 on 5 on offense. This puts too much pressure on Hayward, Hill, and Hood/Jingles/Joe to score.

We can't win a playoff series shooting only 3s! The Jazz have to attack that f***ing rim!

This.

It feels like this is what the team has been reduced to without Gobert.

There seems to be very little rim threat presented by the Jazz. Clips have settled into the game plan that is all about Jazz getting wide open shots. Sounds good in theory - but I think a lot of the shots are becoming increasingly less open - and eventually you start to miss en masse.

Seriously folks, we need to unleash Lyles. His athleticism alone will inject some much needed juice into our flat footed and stagnant offense.

Boris was walking in mud last night. Even Spates and Pierce looked faster, which is hard to believe.

[TWEET]855638472878698496[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/855638472878698496

Like this play:

Hill does a poor job staying locked in on Paul, cheating too much to get over the screen if he chooses to use it. Then he does a cross over on Favors which is expected. Hard for any PF to stay with Paul in space here after the PG gave up that penetration. Then Joe Johnson doesnt help at all. You have to help there and make Crawford hit the 3. You cant just give up that layup. Say what you want about Favors on that play, but the help defense was worse.

I think JJ has perhaps been a net negative over the 3 games. He has been horrendous at times on defense.

101323-Famous-Choke-Sign-By-Reggie-Miller.png

Gordon 'Icarus' Hayward

[MENTION=253]Saint Cy of JFC[/MENTION]

all that **** you've talked about CP3 too. now u know what it looks like to see a real star close out a playoff game..

How bout that ****ing airball that was wide left with the $$$ on the line.. LOL

He threw up 2 bricks before ISO Joe won the game 1 too..

They have no Blake.. Where's the ****ing killer instinct???

Squad of pretenders.. So many of the things I've said have manifested but lets pretend like I was wrong.. mm'kay.. ?? I'm out. Rudy 10x the star Gordon could even dream of being. Paying him big bucks is the deathknell to this franchise.

This is a microcosm of Hayward.. CP3

and Hayward throws the ball away with 3 seconds to go in a 1 posession game.. What a time to throw a 1 handed pass LOLOLOL... Dragan Bender makes that pass easy btw.. who does he think he is, Kevin Love?

what a ****ing joke.. dude is a creampuff.. final PG_AB post here too..

Perfect microcosm of the **** I've been talking.. Spin it however u want..

And CP3 did it to em real dirty HAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, I'm glad someone said it, though it was said in such a weird manner. I say that because it sounds angry almost as if he WANTED the Jazz to win but was upset that he was right but at the same time didn't want to be. Cognitive dissonance at it's best.

Anyway, yup. I watched the game and though there were some bad calls, I didn't think that's the reason we lost the game. We lost the game because the Clippers were better than us and wanted it more. Chrissy stepped it up when he needed to. That's what those types of players do.

Which gets me to our boy Hayward...creampuff, that's pretty good.

I want Hayward to be that guy for us. I want him to be that player that wants to and does win us games. When Hayward opened the game the way he did it took so much effort not be super loud - I was watching the game at work) - as he put on a show. He played like a ****ing stud. I loved it. I thought, "Finally, he's going to be that guy." But once again, Hayward shrunk when it counted the most. He was so ****ing bad in the 4th. Dude does NOT pass the smell test and no convincing can change my mind. He withers in the 4th and PG_AB is spot on. ****, man. How do you miss a wide open 3, wide left. That was so ****ing bad. Brick attempt after brick attempt. And that inbound pass. Oof. Watch before he gets the ball to inbound it. His body language is so ****ing poor. Yeah, I know. Hayward had 40 but those points did not come when they counted.

I was texting this laker fan at work. Dude works in another department. He was rooting for the Jazz. He texted me, "I know you've told me over and over how bad Hayward is in the 4th but this is real bad." We went to a game together a few months ago. Jazz vs Lakers. We won but Hayward was garbage in the 4th and I called it at the end of the 3rd. I told my buddy, just watch. Dude will wither.

I think JJ has perhaps been a net negative over the 3 games. He has been horrendous at times on defense.

He obviously had that big shot in game 1 and played really well in that game. In game 2 and 3 he was not hitting his open threes which really hurts us. He is decent as a man defender but he is almost useless as a help defender which we really need especially with Gobert being out. So often when the lane is wide open he only does the Boozer style help defense of half *** stepping towards the guy to pretend like he helped but in reality is doing nothing.

Hopefully he has another big game in game 4, we need him offensively. We need him to hit big shots (or even just 50% of his wide open shots) or he does not help much.

Well, I'm glad someone said it, though it was said in such a weird manner. I say that because it sounds angry almost as if he WANTED the Jazz to win but was upset that he was right but at the same time didn't want to be. Cognitive dissonance at it's best.

Anyway, yup. I watched the game and though there were some bad calls, I didn't think that's the reason we lost the game. We lost the game because the Clippers were better than us and wanted it more. Chrissy stepped it up when he needed to. That's what those types of players do.

I want Hayward to be that guy for us. I want him to be that player that wants to and does win us games. When Hayward opened the game the way he did it took so much effort not be super loud - I was watching the game at work) - as he put on a show. He played like a ****ing stud. I loved it. I thought, "Finally, he's going to be that guy." But once again, Hayward shrunk when it counted the most. He was so ****ing bad in the 4th. Dude does NOT pass the smell test and no convincing can change my mind. He withers in the 4th and PG_AB is spot on. ****, man. How do you miss a wide open 3, wide left. That was so ****ing bad. Brick attempt after brick attempt. And that inbound pass. Oof. Watch before he gets the ball to inbound it. His body language is so ****ing poor. Yeah, I know. Hayward had 40 but those points did not come when they counted.

I was texting this laker fan at work. Dude works in another department. He was rooting for the Jazz. He texted me, "I know you've told me over and over how bad Hayward is in the 4th but this is real bad." We went to a game together a few months ago. Jazz vs Lakers. We won but Hayward was garbage in the 4th and I called it at the end of the 3rd. I told my buddy, just watch. Dude will wither.
Yr a dumb ****.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Stats show Hayward has been great in 4th quarter this year. You brought this **** up a month or two ago on some BS and everyone proved your dumbass wrong. Any time he has a bad 4th you bring it back up and are silent when he plays well. Go eat a dick.

Yr a dumb ****.

Stats show Hayward has been great in 4th quarter this year. You brought this **** up a month or two ago on some BS and everyone proved your dumbass wrong. Any time he has a bad 4th you bring it back up and are silent when he plays well. Go eat a dick.

He's been great in the 4th this year? That's news to me.

Paul played with 3 deadly shooters and arguably the best center in the game in the 4th.

Hayward meanwhile was trying to score while playing 3 on 5 on offense. Aside from maybe Lebron, who is going to take over when every time they drive 2 defenders can cheat and not pay the price?

This reminds me of people bitching about the Jazz's inability to score against the lakers when Odom and Kobe would completely ignore AK and Brewer to focus on Boozer and Deron.

I'm sure it is because you clearly dont watch many games and make broad assumptions based off the belief that great players never have bad games and if they have a few bad 4th quarter performances that means they suck.

I'm sure it is because you clearly dont watch many games and make broad assumptions based off the belief that great players never have bad games and if they have a few bad 4th quarter performances that means they suck.

Great players, absolutely, without a doubt have bad games. Great, super star players, without a doubt miss big shots. I get that. You'll never hear me say the otherwise, but Hayward is more often than not pretty bad in the 4th. Whether it's slipping, bumbling the ball, missing shots badly, dude is poor in the 4th. That missed wide three he took is a microcosm of his game.

He averaged 6 points in the 4th quarter on 48% shooting while shooting 40% from the 3pt line. He also went to the FT line 2 times per game in the 4th quarter. He was 24th in 4th quarter scoring and 16 of the people above him averaged more 4th quarter minutes. All the players above him took more shots to score their points besides Joel Embiid, who obviously had a small sample size.

Honestly, do you do any research before you spout your ********?